Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Dreamstate 24 Minute Molten Core.

by Noxx » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:34 pm

RIP! <NOPE> RIP!

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV1BhahlpJw

Raid stats:
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=29109

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Dreamstate 24 Minute Molten Core.

by sightclist » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Interesting. Although the comp is boss, it's heavily reliant on WF it seems (not an excuse; Horde get Shaman, Ally Pally). That said. Since there are so many melee shouldn't this be like 10 minutes faster?

Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but I'm sure NOPE or even Coaltion could beat this time. It's impressive, but look I'm horde. I understand the mentality and the quality of its players, but honestly ever since Grizzly left it's been NOPE (and I guess to some extent Coalition) dominance. If you're stacking this much melee, shit should literally be falling over by the time you get up to it.

Just speaking my mind of course which I'm sure is undoubtedly going to weed out people from the bushes.

EDIT: Oh, Coalition maybe did attempt to beat it? 27min...not sure. I'm sure someone from their camp will chyme in as well.
sightclist
Grunt
Grunt

by euronmisc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:38 pm

coal wasnt speedrunning and just happened to be pretty fast. There's multipile stream recordings of the run.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by prosax » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 pm

I would encourage every guild to try this out for them self. No matter what time u are clearing at this is just an awesome experience. After doing the same instance week after week, it really makes you get a feeling of excitement and an adrenalin rush to do speedruns like this ^^

I don’t care much about all the flames and theory speculation this thread probably will end up with.. Yes we went with a melee heavy setup, but I’m sure other setups works just as fine. At the end of the day u bring what u as a guild see as the best setup for pushing your boundaries with the players available to you.

I was In both runs, and I have to say that all the preparation from both leadership and the players was just amazing, and I’m looking forward to improving our time in the future.
Last edited by prosax on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
prosax
Tester

by Klarreqt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Sightclist yes it could be faster, ourselves, NOPE, or Coalition will beat this time. It is far from a perfect run, on both execution (get it cause we stacked warriors hue), and gearwise. I'll look forward to upcoming runs and seeing how far down the realm can press dowm clear times.
Lean mean meme machine. #Whippergate2k16
Klarreqt
Private
Private

by Sisy » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 pm

If you're stacking this much melee, shit should literally be falling over by the time you get up to it.

Is that how it works?
Sisy
Tester

by Fuhrern » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:14 pm

The raiding climate of the server is improving!
These runs will be beaten probably, but DS also sets precedence here, if they had a better target time to beat I'm sure they would've pushed harder. Improving current times with 3-4 min is ~10% faster. That's a lot, so good job. Nobody cares about raid setups, giving them shit for stacking melee is lame.

euronmisc wrote:coal wasnt speedrunning and just happened to be pretty fast. There's multipile stream recordings of the run.

Ragnaros didn't spawn so that certainly slowed us down, I wasn't there so can't say by how much. Anyways, there's always next time!

@Prosax, you've got the right idea. I wouldn't bring my rooster though, I'd bring my mechanical chicken if it worked...
Fuhrern
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rylox » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:34 am

sightclist wrote:Interesting. Although the comp is boss, it's heavily reliant on WF it seems (not an excuse; Horde get Shaman, Ally Pally). That said. Since there are so many melee shouldn't this be like 10 minutes faster?

Ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but I'm sure NOPE or even Coaltion could beat this time. It's impressive, but look I'm horde. I understand the mentality and the quality of its players, but honestly ever since Grizzly left it's been NOPE (and I guess to some extent Coalition) dominance. If you're stacking this much melee, shit should literally be falling over by the time you get up to it.

Just speaking my mind of course which I'm sure is undoubtedly going to weed out people from the bushes.

EDIT: Oh, Coalition maybe did attempt to beat it? 27min...not sure. I'm sure someone from their camp will chyme in as well.

You must not understand that Paladins give at least equal DPS (IMO more) to melee as Shaman.
Might>Strength, Kings>/=Windfury (feel free to correct me on this with some maths)
Salvation also increases DPS potential of everyone including casters, and makes tanking easier overall.
Just look at where the alliance casters can reach with it + power infusions.
Last edited by Rylox on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rhoen » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:01 am

id say that in a pve setting the benefit of salvation greatly increases the threat ceiling of tanks, meaning dps can go harder before hitting said threat ceiling.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by stimz » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:08 am

sightclist wrote:Interesting. Although the comp is boss, it's heavily reliant on WF it seems (not an excuse; Horde get Shaman, Ally Pally).

woah has horde figured out their faction advantage thats 10 years old? nah theyll cry about pallies even after aq40 eles are 2 shotting everyone
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion