by TaurenRogue » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:44 am

Keftenk wrote:There won't be a video

ofc :)
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Dreamstate 24 Minute Molten Core.

by Slicy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:04 am

To those thinking we pre-cleared or QQ cause no video (yeah sry u'll have to figure out how to blaze through MC yourselves), compare for both runs :
- bosses kill times > few secs faster for every boss except Luci and Rag (Ds Geddon took around 20 secs more for instance)
- average dps of top 15ish ones > 16 above 800 dps VS 6 above 800 dps
- trash dps > More than 200 dps vs barely 100 dps

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=34238
http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=29109

Just the difference on raid trash dps alone is good enough to make you understand how we pulled out that time with a way worse setup legitly. Trash mobs died 2x faster for us. Top rogue on trash is at 237/s, Ds one at 100/s.

Best part is we fucked up so many little things and brought in alts, socials and trials who joined since 1-2 days and had never raided with us before. Was a really fun one though.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rylox » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:15 am

The trash DPS is wrong because of an un-cleared SWstats parse before the run began.
The same outcome can be seen with top 2 BWL right now.
NOPE has a parse before starting of 14 minute trash. Result is way less than actual trash DPS calculations.
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by rooik » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:16 pm

poor dreamstate
<NOPE>
rooik
Grunt
Grunt

by Azuregos » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Hello can we please stop the salt? My blood pressure is high enough as it is.

C'Thun pls m8
My watch is eternal, mortal.
Azuregos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gnoggin » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:55 pm

How exactly do they pull off the tactic at Garr (13 mins in)? The way it seems to work is that one tank takes all of the adds whilst another tanks the boss and the raid nukes the boss. When Garr gets to 50%, on the video all the adds explode at exactly the same time. I think at this point the tank must be getting a BoP or something to survive the explosion damage but it's hard to see on the video.

My guild has been attempting the same tactic to try and speed up our runs. The problem we have is that when we get Garr to 50%, the adds start randomly exploding (i.e. not all at the same time). This causes big problems because the tank is just not able to handle the explosion damage and will die even with 3 or 4 healers spamming him. Then the untanked adds start wandering around and quickly wipe the raid with their huge explosion range.

So is there something they're doing to 'encourage' all the adds to explode at once?
Gnoggin
Private
Private

by Alrik » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:58 pm

They changed the garr alts behavior.
You can't do the same Tactic as DS in ths Vid. Does anymore.
Alrik
Private
Private

by Harm » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Gnoggin wrote:So is there something they're doing to 'encourage' all the adds to explode at once?

The adds explode 1 by 1, there is nothing you can do to make them all explode at the same time.
You want your tank to have fire res gear on and shieldwall when garr is at 55%, then you just have to kill garr before shield wall expires.
Harm
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:35 pm

Alrik wrote:They changed the garr alts behavior.
You can't do the same Tactic as DS in ths Vid. Does anymore.

We did the same thing as in the video last Tuesday, everything went fine. Unless I missed something, the staff indeed did some tweak to the Garr encounter to match its prenerf state, but that's what you see in DS video.

Basically, we have a tank tanking all the adds. When Garr is close to 50%, we have him Shield Wall & shit to handle multiple explosions. Not all of them explodes right at the same time, iirc it causes them to explode the next time they successfully hit a player, that's what I've been told, not quite sure. They however explode quite clause to each other for the tank CDs to hold the damage. If they don't he can use AoE taunt / a few bans from locks can be thrown in / a few OT can be used if he loses aggro on some of them near the end of the fight if they didn't blow up yet.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Harm wrote:
Gnoggin wrote:So is there something they're doing to 'encourage' all the adds to explode at once?

The adds explode 1 by 1, there is nothing you can do to make them all explode at the same time.
You want your tank to have fire res gear on and shieldwall when garr is at 55%, then you just have to kill garr before shield wall expires.

Oh, it's 1 by 1? Some explosions gotta be really close to each other then!
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion