hello!

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

hello!

by mx420 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:40 pm

Just heard of this place late last week... until then i only knew about kronos. This server looks very promising and has a few things i like better (read something about pre nerf dungeons)..

anyone in beta care to share some experience? anything that is typical of private servers exist here as well? Was beta for raiding only? hows the leveling content?

I played on rebirth.. LOL when i could and although its community raved about how good it was (and it was compared to other servers) it was still PACKED with bugs.... pets especially... i always thought rebirth had some pretty hardcore followers cause i never thought it was even close to perfect. (very playable and fun tho)

anyway, excited to eventually try this out. best of luck!
mx420
Private
Private

Re: hello!

by Jeniaxx » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:55 pm

Hello mx420 and welcome,

I am part of the BETA players and I confirm this server has many assets. Scripts are particularly well done and once you have tried Nostalrius, it is rather hard to play on other servers without being pissed off by the quality of the scripts you can find elsewhere.

To reply on your questions:
. Beta was not made for raiding only, PVP was also available and wild PVP as well (Nostalrius is a PVP server). As you may have seen on the videos, the developpment team also added new features on Battlegrounds that can't be found elsewhere (e.g. vid of Alterac)

. Concerning the leveling content, Nostalrius used to be an instant 55 then instant 60 server which implies that very few people pexed on the server, which had some repercussions (like on the AH for example, or the fact that pexing people were alone and couldn't go to dungeons or make low lvl PVP). I assume those are part of the reasons why it has been decided everyone should start from lvl 1, then the whole content can be explored (low lvl dungeons, low lvl bg,...) and not only the endgame content.

. What do you mean by "anything that is typical of private servers exist here as well" ?

Anything else you need to know?
Want to play Horde,have fun and clean the PVE content within a guild with strong ambitions ?
If YES then send us your application here http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com or contact Hatson, Kratu, Slaede or Althros IG
Jeniaxx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mx420 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:04 am

thanks for the response.

Regarding the leveling content, I meant how is it on this server..I understand that everyone is goin g to be level 1, but has anyone tested all the 1 - 60 zones and quests? are world drop rates and loot tables correct? class spells and item spells? professions? etc

from my experience with private servers the raids and the dungeons are usually not too bad... its everything else that is buggy and ruins the experience. whether its flametongue always hitting for the most damage in its range regardless of weapon speed or BLUE items being worth nothing because you get one every 20mins of playing, its those issues that would bug me the most.

how does the server fair with those comon issues?

thanks for taking the time to answer my questions :D
mx420
Private
Private

by Drain » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:59 am

Rebirth is gone. Their domain said its account was suspended, and now it's "inactive". Since no one is talking about it or is explaining where the hell it went, it's a safe assumption Blizzard shut that server down. This is what happens when you host in the United States, and is why private servers stay far away. But I didn't play on Rebirth anyway because they also decided to use synced cloud servers to host the game. As soon as you play with other players or see a dozen move around on your screen, you'll see why this is not good at all for a MMO.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hatson » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:11 am

Not entirely accurate, Drain. Yes, The Rebirth is down at the moment because of legal issues, as it has been many times before. But there has been no announcement from the devs of it being dead for good. It has been in similar circumstances before, but always came back.
However, you are right in some manner, as the situation is worse than it has ever been, and it is unlikely the server will ever come back.

Their website was never a good place to go to check on it. There is rather a facebook group that is incredibly active with almost 2000 members. That is where all its' info and community ramblings go on, pretty much.
I don't play it on it myself anymore, but just wanted to clarify the situation with it.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Sélenne » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:54 am

mx420 wrote:thanks for the response.

Regarding the leveling content, I meant how is it on this server..I understand that everyone is goin g to be level 1, but has anyone tested all the 1 - 60 zones and quests? are world drop rates and loot tables correct? class spells and item spells? professions? etc

I won't lie to you, I never tried to do 1-60 in NR, but I'm sure that the staff will do its best to find any bug during leveling and fix them to offer you the best quality you can have on a private server.

They know that a poor quality 1-60 leveling would ruin their server, so don't worry, just let them take some time to set everything perfect for the launch :p

( BTW, pets pathfinding, undermap, combat mode etc have been fix, you can see it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPsnRtX ... kBF4b9mAMw, and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlanjL ... w&index=11 )

And welcome !
<Raid is Dead> Horde side guild
Slade - Orc Warlock
-----------------------------
Sélenne
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Viper » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Hello Mx420 and welcome aboard :)

Regarding 1-60 content during Beta, if you got 5 hours to kill, I found a player who published a speedrun video from our server here. If you only got 6 minutes, a smaller one is available here.

After seeing it a bit (the smaller one ^^), the corresponding speedrun was maybe done during the War Effort opening (august 2012?). Of course, things have evolved a lot regarding low level content since more than 2 years now.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Nyarko » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:02 pm

If you just want some views from Nostalrius-BETA players i can give you mine :

My younger brother is a leveling lover, he doesnt like raids, pvp or w/e... He plays WoW just to level up :/ (not my cup of tea but i can understand this :o)

He probably did 1-60 ten times on differents private servers which were known as well-scripted for leveling.
He told me that Nostalrius was the best leveling experience he had on a private server.

according to johana's guide and his proper experience
<Phoenix>
Nyarko
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jeniaxx » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:16 pm

I also want to add that during a long time, a dev was dedicated to the low lvl content that is why I believe the content should be rather nice.
Anyway, as said previously, if a player reports a bug, then it usually is fixed in a short amount of time. For example, it is common to repport a bug on evening and seen this one corrected the same evening.
Want to play Horde,have fun and clean the PVE content within a guild with strong ambitions ?
If YES then send us your application here http://rid-nostalrius.wowlaunch.com or contact Hatson, Kratu, Slaede or Althros IG
Jeniaxx
Sergeant
Sergeant

by mx420 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks for all the information and videos, definitely put some of my worries at ease for now! I am very much looking forward to trying this place out and seeing you all in game... hopefully sooner than later ;)
mx420
Private
Private

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion