What classes/specs are in demand for pvp?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

What classes/specs are in demand for pvp?

by FatMeech » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Hello!

How do the classes/specs fare against each other in terms of demand for pre-mades or PuGs? I hope we can get a discussion going for the horde and alliance side of things.
FatMeech
Tester

Re: What classes/specs are in demand for pvp?

by Jeddite » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:20 pm

What exactly are you asking? Play what you want to play, not what you think is "in demand." But if you must be "one of those" players, then make a healer. Never too many healers in a PUG.

"blurrr durrr but what KIND of healer, jeditte!?"

If you're Alliance, make a paladin. If you're Horde, ehhh whatever works.
Jeddite
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Lifealert » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:56 pm

Dwarf priest
Lifealert
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by snawfu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:09 am

enhancement shamen
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Azuros » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:19 am

If you're going horde i would suggest moonkin druid, if alliance go dwarf disc priest/ holy paladin :)
Azu, fury warrior of <NOPE>
Azuros
Grunt
Grunt

by FatMeech » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:53 pm

Thanks for the responses. I guess I should've elaborated on how this touches on me in particular. It's true I'm considering an alt. I already have a 45 dwarf priest and a 60 paladin, though.

Snawfu mentioned enhancement shaman. WF is bugged. Damage and animation. That may be a consideration.

Priest PvP specs aren't optimal for PvE (unlike with paladin). I don't know if you even get into MC/ZG PuGs (let alone need on anything with SP/+crit).

Healer priests are considered gear dependent. Is there demand for r10 / AV / preraid geared disc priests? Will I get criticized for binding smite?
FatMeech
Tester

by Omgzjustin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Don't listen to anyone, enhancement shamans are awful.

The only respectable shaman DPS spec is ele, and ele destroys in bgs.
Omgzjustin
Grunt
Grunt

by Alyndra » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:45 am

FatMeech wrote:Thanks for the responses. I guess I should've elaborated on how this touches on me in particular. It's true I'm considering an alt. I already have a 45 dwarf priest and a 60 paladin, though.

Snawfu mentioned enhancement shaman. WF is bugged. Damage and animation. That may be a consideration.

Priest PvP specs aren't optimal for PvE (unlike with paladin). I don't know if you even get into MC/ZG PuGs (let alone need on anything with SP/+crit).

Healer priests are considered gear dependent. Is there demand for r10 / AV / preraid geared disc priests? Will I get criticized for binding smite?

what are you talking about? unless go full hybrid spec or full shadow a pvp heal spec can go very well in pve. don't go smite tho. holy dmg on nostalrius is bugged and will probably never work correctly. and you would need to get 16% hit from gear alone, but nobody will give hit/crit gear to a priest. either full +dmg or +heal.

the pvp set for priests is excellent. it has decent +dmg/heal and some mp5. which is all you need.

you can go disc, mages/locks will love you. with enough gear healing as disc is fine and you can defend yourself/farm alot easier than with a deep holy spec. just don't think you're gonna dps as anything other than shadow. the dps is negligible + weaving is much stronger for raid dps than PI
Alyndra
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DrearyYew » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:04 am

Jeddite wrote:make a paladin

+1

Alyndra wrote:you can go disc, mages/locks will love you

My Paladin had a Disc that would PI me every time I had Scrolls up back when I was still ranking. Holy fuck it was amazing.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rerun » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Don't do PuG's unless you're a Chinese AFKer
.. in purgatory until a new vanilla pvp realm is opened.
Rerun
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion