nice try small guys

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: nice try small guys

by Datruth » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:49 am

Keftenk wrote:
Rylox wrote:19/9 never forget.
Yes, Paladins do give nice buffs.

Horde chose to roll Horde, just sayin'.

I doubt anyone picked their faction based on how well they speedrun, I think the point you should focus on is Alliance doing better than horde at speedrunning shouldn't be that big of a deal.
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Keftenk » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:04 am

Well, there's an argument in many threads that Alliance only achieves the times they get because "Paladin OP". That's why I even said what I said. It's almost as if they complain, but yet they chose to handicap themselves.
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:14 am

Keftenk wrote:Well, there's an argument in many threads that Alliance only achieves the times they get because "Paladin OP". That's why I even said what I said. It's almost as if they complain, but yet they chose to handicap themselves.

I think the idea is that if the resources aren't the same to play with, the results necessarily will reflect the lack of balance. In other words, the competition has to be tweaked to account for the role of paladins being a much easier to play and much more prolific class than shamans, and that differential then added to Alliance times/substracted to Horde times, to get a clear picture. As an example, if Paladins add about 2 minutes of speed clearing due to Salvation+BoK+BoM being able to stack on the melee dps, as opposed to Windfury/Grace of Air/Tranquil Air forcing shamans to choose just one thing for their party, the final score should reflect that.

Just like any gamem scores obtained in Normal mode, and scores obtained in Hard mode can't simply be constrated in a linear fashion.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Keftenk » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:22 am

No no, I understand that. It's just when they make it their crux when they have every opportunity to be alliance. (This obviously disregarding strategy and how well someone plays, etc.)
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:35 am

Keftenk wrote:No no, I understand that. It's just when they make it their crux when they have every opportunity to be alliance. (This obviously disregarding strategy and how well someone plays, etc.)

True. There you have a point.
If someone rolls the harder version of the game and then complains about the difficulty, it's just silly.
Either embrace difficulty or skip difficulty.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by slipryy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:06 am

horde is better for speedrunning anyways
tf + wf + melee stack > salv/kings and every good shaman is twisting tranquil air anyways?
slipryy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kil » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:30 am

All that skill. Too bad you didn't have it when it counted.

I look forward to the excuses and the 'reasons' you're numba won after you lose the c'thun race.
You are not special. No one knows your name. No one will remember your name. Nothing you do will matter. Ever.
Kil
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by slipryy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:38 am

Kil wrote:All that skill. Too bad you didn't have it when it counted.

I look forward to the excuses and the 'reasons' you're numba won after you lose the c'thun race.

denialstate fanboy spotted
slipryy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rylox » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:47 am

So you went 5% faster than a bunch of shitters... nothin to see here.
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kil » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:58 am

I'm not particularly a DS fanboy. I'm a not you fanboy. You just happen to be bragging about clearing UBRS really fast or whatever, pretending like that actually matters while eternally being second place. It's just easy to point out that you lost and whom to.

You're the Method of Nost. Except for the skill. And the notoriety. Maybe you'll finally get first place in 10 years when nost has a MoP server and all the good players have left.
You are not special. No one knows your name. No one will remember your name. Nothing you do will matter. Ever.
Kil
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion