Struggling to keep up my herbalism with my leveling zones

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Struggling to keep up my herbalism with my leveling zones

by ikehype » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:04 pm

Hey guys, atm I am an orc warrior 1k away from level 20 with only 24 herbalism and despite taking 2 HOURS of addon fiddling, zeppelin taking and wandering around tirisfal glades like a idiot, I cannot seem to find enough nodes to keep on par with zones. I'm worried that I won't make any money and want to have an adequate herbalism skill where I don't have to stop leveling to top it back up.

As I said, I spent 30 mins finding 2 peacbloom's smh. I'm playing on the PVP realm if that makes any difference. Should I stick to grinding out my levels and only focus on First aid and selling the useless greens, or should I really make an effort at trying to get a database working so i can get those herbs?

Thanks
ikehype
Private
Private

Re: Struggling to keep up my herbalism with my leveling zone

by Gundreda » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:24 pm

This should have been in the PVP server related area of the forums.

But to answer you, I would suggest unwinding about it. Most times -when I first started out- it felt like there are too many herbs around the starting areas. Perhaps you've just been a bit unfortunate.

I would suggest Tirisfal and Silverpine patrols to boost your skill. Pick a talky youtube video/Twitch stream for background noise (or just music!) and go easy on yourself.

You've just started out, so going full-on level mode may prove a bit pointless. Wanting max level AND gold/professions -simply put- happens with time and there are few short-cuts around that dynamic.

At level 20, I'd recommend investing enough time to skill herbalism up to around 150 before going much further. If that takes a bit of time then try to relax as you go. Interact with the world and help the odd person out. There are plenty of people around, so I hope you click with some of them.
Gundreda
Grunt
Grunt

by Cargalia » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:19 pm

Spend a day getting it up to par. Use gatherer add on to mark the re spawn locations.
Cargalia
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Reserverue » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:16 pm

Play on a day that doesnt have alot of traffic like a Mon or Tues. You'll see alot more nodes
Reserverue
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Undertanker » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:54 pm

If you are already close to 20, you'll have to be a lot of early zone farming. Ideally need to be level 80 when you hit your second zone. It's a pain at first but gets really easy as you go.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion