DO NOT JOIN Emphasis/Mega MC pugs hosted by Gìlgamesh

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: DO NOT JOIN Emphasis/Mega MC pugs hosted by Gìlgamesh

by St0rfan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:34 am

Never assume anything. Always ask what loot rules will be used before joining a raid.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Adwena » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:59 am

RIPPERINI
Adwena <Scrub> Level 60 Night Elf Druid
Arween <Scrub> Level 60 Night Elf Rogue
Vajohnjohn <Fracture> Level 60 Gnome Mage
----------------------------------------------------------
The Sulfuras Queen
Adwena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dusith » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:43 am

Mariehu wrote:So you mean the Emphasis alts that lost the roll along with you should make a post next to yours and cry?

Wtf is wrong with ppl these days?

Funny that this is from you, I remember a certain guy from my PUG who was crying about loot ban because he didnt follow raid rules.
Dusith
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dreez » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:12 pm

tbh the raid host should announce the loot rules, simply to avoid this right here...

you do not want players to start posts like these, that's why you are responsible for clarifying loot rules beforehand
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Hri » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:34 pm

kuroyuu wrote:or you could just ask before the raid starts. lol.

Haitharn wrote:This is 100% your fault. You should have asked for loot rules. This post should be deleted cause it's a shitpost. OP doesn't know how to type in chat apparently.

varth wrote:You joined a pug run and didn't ask about all the loot rules beforehand? That's 101 right there.

St0rfan wrote:Never assume anything. Always ask what loot rules will be used before joining a raid.

ahh okay now i understand, so its obvious to ask the raidleader like that:
"hey dear raidleader im sorry to bother you but are you planning in loot council like 50% of the bossloot to your friends and guildmates in this upcoming /roll pug run that you want to host? Well if so i dont think i want to join then."

thank you alot for your help, from now on i will ask for every single pug like that.
Hri
Tester

by Adwena » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:36 pm

No it should look like that "Hey , can you explain the loot rules ? " if rules does not fit you just leave. Simple.
Adwena <Scrub> Level 60 Night Elf Druid
Arween <Scrub> Level 60 Night Elf Rogue
Vajohnjohn <Fracture> Level 60 Gnome Mage
----------------------------------------------------------
The Sulfuras Queen
Adwena
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:57 pm

Hri wrote:
kuroyuu wrote:or you could just ask before the raid starts. lol.

Haitharn wrote:This is 100% your fault. You should have asked for loot rules. This post should be deleted cause it's a shitpost. OP doesn't know how to type in chat apparently.

varth wrote:You joined a pug run and didn't ask about all the loot rules beforehand? That's 101 right there.

St0rfan wrote:Never assume anything. Always ask what loot rules will be used before joining a raid.

ahh okay now i understand, so its obvious to ask the raidleader like that:
"hey dear raidleader im sorry to bother you but are you planning in loot council like 50% of the bossloot to your friends and guildmates in this upcoming /roll pug run that you want to host? Well if so i dont think i want to join then."

thank you alot for your help, from now on i will ask for every single pug like that.

What a silly way to put it. Just ask: "What are the loot rules?".
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Killstick » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 pm

This seems like an overcomplicated and unfair loot system to involve puggers.

How do they decide what what is Emphasis and what is Mega loot?
Then as a PUG you have to be lucky enough that if your loot does get assigned to your half of the raid that they don't loot council it?
Do you whisper to the raid leader: now imagine on har, shaman head, aurorastone, ... what part of this is Emp/Mega loot? What will i be able to roll for? But now see imagine if Gehennas also dropped this.... HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU FIGURE THIS OUT

Both sides made a mistake here. If we take some puggers to fill our ZG or so we also roll for all items based on MS>OS (enchant prio). We don't loot council shit. And ofc it is a kick in the balls when they win a high priority item. That's what you get for taking the PUGs. They are helping you clear this shit. If you want to clear with alts and don't have a full raid then just stack consumes. Its fucking MC.

But I would indeed advice puggers to always get clear with the raidleader on loot rules. Just stay away from raids that use this kind of system because chances are high you as a pugger will get shafted.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dusith » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:56 pm

A fair system for this would be like we did in Gnarly, even for BIS Nef loot:

All needers say they have interest in the item, lets say 3 from each guild and 2 pugs need a item. Then the masterlooter roll 1-8 (1-3 guild 1, 4-6 guild 2, 7 is pug 1 and 8 is pug 2).

Quite simple and much easier.
Dusith
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by convelt » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:21 pm

Killstick wrote:This seems like an overcomplicated and unfair loot system to involve puggers.

How do they decide what what is Emphasis and what is Mega loot?
Then as a PUG you have to be lucky enough that if your loot does get assigned to your half of the raid that they don't loot council it?
Do you whisper to the raid leader: now imagine on har, shaman head, aurorastone, ... what part of this is Emp/Mega loot? What will i be able to roll for? But now see imagine if Gehennas also dropped this.... HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU FIGURE THIS OUT

Both sides made a mistake here. If we take some puggers to fill our ZG or so we also roll for all items based on MS>OS (enchant prio). We don't loot council shit. And ofc it is a kick in the balls when they win a high priority item. That's what you get for taking the PUGs. They are helping you clear this shit. If you want to clear with alts and don't have a full raid then just stack consumes. Its fucking MC.

But I would indeed advice puggers to always get clear with the raidleader on loot rules. Just stay away from raids that use this kind of system because chances are high you as a pugger will get shafted.

It's not that complicated, a typical Molten Core run takes about 40 people. Two guilds, being Mega and Emphasis decide to join forces on their alts to get an alt/social/etc run going, about 20 each but with a couple of PUG people to fill up the raid. They do a 1-2 roll before every boss to decide if the loot goes to Mega or Emphasis. Because Emphasis was in a small minority the PUG people in the raid were put in the Emphasis roll group. Thus giving EVERYONE a 50% chance to roll for every item. So I see no reason for the original poster to get upset over having equal chances as everyone else in the raid.

Also, the item he is upset about was from Majordomo, if you haven't figured out by the end of the run how the loot system works or haven't bothered asking anyone you shouldn't complain afterwards imo.

Finally, he mentions losing the roll to 4 alts so all I see is someone QQ'ing they didn't get an item they wanted.
convelt
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion