Question: Other content THAT bugged aswell?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Question: Other content THAT bugged aswell?

by Alterego » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Nice you guys seem to got what I wanted to say: The server was called "fully scripted" but there were so many gamebreaking bugy, I dont really know what I can still believe here.
Alterego
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Askental » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:21 pm

Alterego wrote:so many gamebreaking bugy

Like what? Priests rotating totems?
And devs got half of what was reported fixed within a day... This is the polishing phase.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Alterego » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:38 pm

Askental wrote:
Alterego wrote:And devs got half of what was reported fixed within a day... This is the polishing phase.
Well i never mind bugs on new servers, specially on private Servers, I'm totally okay with that and i understand it. But they cant speak about "Fully scripted - ready to launch" in such a state.
Alterego
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Avshar » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 am

The thing is, that on the main page, there was something like : forget about other private servers, this is the real deal, with 4 years in development. So naturally, you expect the server to be pretty good in every aspect. And then, when you finally have the chance to try it out and you find out that there are basic bugs, like on every other private server, you will be disappointed eventually.
...'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate...
Avshar
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ranharle » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:28 pm

They changed it now, on the new website it says: "to assure you a proper Blizzlike experience." ;)
ranharle
Private
Private

by Floux » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Maybe haters should think about all things that were working that are bugged on other servers.
Hel - undead warlock (beta)
Cernunnos - night elf druid
Floux
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Thrashing » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Well I'd say this thread and especially its title is quite misleading for players interested in Nostalrius.

Having played on a plethora of private servers since my introduction to them in 2011, and approaching Nostalrius' PvP test objectively and without great bias or hope, I would say that this has been my one of my best private server experiences so far.

Granted, I have not played on any of Nostalrius' previous releases and can not say wether or not new bugs popped up that didn't used to exist. And yes, there were plenty of incredibly silly bugs (such as seduce not breaking at all, and sap not breaking as long as the rogue was still in stealth).

However, I have never experienced smoother gameplay on any private server. I encountered zero movement lag or stuttering, feared/blinded/coiled players were always shown in the correct location. As a melee class I had no difficulty hitting mounted players, which is almost impossible on most other projects.

You may argue that the server still has plenty of bugs, and I don't disagree. However Nostalrius' staff has already fixed a great amount of common bugs before the PvP beta, and continues to fix bugs at a very rapid pace.
If you were hyped for the test and expected too much, obviously you could be disappointed. However from my personal experience I have never seen such smooth gameplay on private servers. Bugs are an obvious annoyance, but at the rate they are being fixed it's only a very temporary annoyance.
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxx » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Thrashing wrote:Well I'd say this thread and especially its title is quite misleading for players interested in Nostalrius.

Having played on a plethora of private servers since my introduction to them in 2011, and approaching Nostalrius' PvP test objectively and without great bias or hope, I would say that this has been my one of my best private server experiences so far.

Granted, I have not played on any of Nostalrius' previous releases and can not say wether or not new bugs popped up that didn't used to exist. And yes, there were plenty of incredibly silly bugs (such as seduce not breaking at all, and sap not breaking as long as the rogue was still in stealth).

However, I have never experienced smoother gameplay on any private server. I encountered zero movement lag or stuttering, feared/blinded/coiled players were always shown in the correct location. As a melee class I had no difficulty hitting mounted players, which is almost impossible on most other projects.

You may argue that the server still has plenty of bugs, and I don't disagree. However Nostalrius' staff has already fixed a great amount of common bugs before the PvP beta, and continues to fix bugs at a very rapid pace.
If you were hyped for the test and expected too much, obviously you could be disappointed. However from my personal experience I have never seen such smooth gameplay on private servers. Bugs are an obvious annoyance, but at the rate they are being fixed it's only a very temporary annoyance.

Well said i agree i have only Feenix experience and i quit a long time ago and i must say this server was like heaven after playing on feenix.

and about the bugs, some of the bugs toke them 15 mins to fix and most of the reported bugs are already fixed after a day. I got high hopes for this server
Noxx
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:44 pm

I agree with Thrashing here. I even said the same thing myself to devs in-game.
Even though there might still be quite a few bugs left to fix here and there. All of the ones I found and reported were fixed within an hour and all gone by the 2nd PvP session time.
And to knock home what Thrashing said. Even with some bugs, the gameplay was SMOOTH.
It was butter smooth, really. I had zero issues with any movement related spells, lag, stutters, jutters, spell casting overlaps, or anything. Everything was super smooth and reactionary like how WoW gameplay is supposed to play out.

If they do more tests, and fix more bugs and reports, work out the kinks. I feel that it could easily become the smoothest private server launch ever.

The only real "worry" for me is the endgame content. Which, frankly, we have no personal experience of some of it. So we will have to wait and see how that turns out, or have another test for PvE content. That could shed some light on how it's developing or what kind of state it is in.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Envy » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:55 pm

Well it's always the same :
- What is good seems only natural so we don't talk about it much.
- What is wrong is quickly being seen and it makes us mad.

I played here before, new things appeared sure but it's quite okay in the end. It's quickly fixed and/or minor.

Don't forget that it was a BETA-test. It means a lot, it means that it is not 100% ready. So bugs are there, if you find them, they fix them. They can't perform every kind of tests alone, they need these kind of events and it's the very reason they do those : to find & fix bugs.
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion