Warning - Exploit in Elemental Earth Farming

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Warning - Exploit in Elemental Earth Farming

by Bluefear » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:11 pm

Just a warning to anyone trying to farm up for AQ. I accidentally stumbled across this exploit the other day while griefing Horde players trying to do this quest.

I submitted this ticket:

"Wanted to make sure this wasn't a bannable offense before I attempted it.
The Badlands quest "This Is Going to Be Hard" summons a level 45 earth elemental named "Fam'retor Guardian"
If a player outside of my party starts the quest and I tag and kill the elemental, I can loot the mob and he can abandon his quest to re-attempt it. Once he accepts again, the elemental will respawn instantly.
Would it be considered an exploit to utilize this quest to farm Fam'retor Guardian for Elemental Earth? (6% drop rate)"

Got this response: "Greetings, please report this bug to the bug tracker and in the mean time do not do it."

I have no idea how to use the bug tracker. Chrome blocks it or something and I just don't care enough to work around it.

Seemed like a clever idea, but yeah definitely an exploit. Be careful with this quest, if you're on it.

Looks like I gotta keep killing all the level 40 hordes who tag earth elementals and think I won't do anything about it
Bluefear
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Warning - Exploit in Elemental Earth Farming

by Mchayes » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:17 pm

protip; dont use the bugtracker, unofficially(!) the source of account-hack-wave recently.

6% though? eh..
Mchayes
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bluefear » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:22 pm

kill him every 10 seconds and thats 21.6 elemental earths/hr between 2 ppl. Better than trying to compete with everyone else
Bluefear
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kanem » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm

I copied and pasted what you said on the bug tracker. I will let you know if they respond to it.
kanem
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by thenuclearwalrus » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:44 am

Heres my question, why cant you just take the quest and summon the mob, kill it, loot it, abandon and restart it? No need for a third party and clever use of game mechanics instead of an exploit.
thenuclearwalrus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ILikeEggs » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:17 am

thenuclearwalrus wrote:Heres my question, why cant you just take the quest and summon the mob, kill it, loot it, abandon and restart it? No need for a third party and clever use of game mechanics instead of an exploit.
ILikeEggs
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wiseoldenemy » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:59 pm

I've reported someone for that once and pottu said it was a bug exploit aparently so
wiseoldenemy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Setup » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:11 pm

I'll just leave this here.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Hawt » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:20 pm

Setup wrote:Image

I'll just leave this here.

Cool looking bags
Hawt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dr. Doom » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:23 pm

If this is considered an exploit, then any mob spawn script is a potential exploit abuse, even if just for the money/cloth drop.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion