Thunderfury binding to Paladin?

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: Thunderfury binding to Paladin?

by Arts » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:33 pm

Alderov wrote:Seems like Mecher dropped raid after Garr lol. Poor guy.

rip
Arts
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mathemagician » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:53 pm

Problazer wrote:Pally tanks use a weapon with +healing. Paly tanks don't gain threat by hitting mobs they gain threat by using spells.

(it's +SP weap not +heal ya goon)

The best practice is to swap in a +SP weapon, cast Consecration, then swap back to a Tanking weapon.

Any damage is threat. Paladins gain damage from spell damage, melee damage, thunderfury/weapon procs, healing, buffing, and debuffing; just like every other class. They just gain MORE from holy damage, thanks to Righteous Fury, which adds 60% additional threat.

To be clear, I assert TF is better in a warrior's hands every time, no question.

But, in response to the OP saying that a proc which generates threat equivalent to a sunder armor is 'completely useless for a paladin' is a god damn brain dead statement. It's the BIS tankadin weapon.

Once again, since nobody will read anything I write, Warriors should get Thunderfury.
Mathemagician
Private
Private

by Rylox » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:07 pm

2nd/3rd rate tank doesn't get BiS tank BiS weapon. Period... How it's even discussed let alone done??
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Erou » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:15 pm

Looks like all other tanks in raid have that binding/are recent recruits to guild. Gratz on it, keep your salt for domestic use. Still no bindings for a hunter on this server so really nothing to be seen here.
Erou
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by stimz » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:45 pm

consecration doesnt scale with sp on nost, it scales with ap. but yea, pally threat mods are for holy dmg
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TaurenRogue » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:09 am

stimz wrote:consecration doesnt scale with sp on nost, it scales with ap. but yea, pally threat mods are for holy dmg

this makes me sad every day on nostalrius... its actually hilarious how ppl got baited into "fixing" this
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DrearyYew » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:47 am

stimz wrote:consecration doesnt scale with sp on nost, it scales with ap. but yea, pally threat mods are for holy dmg

it scales with both atm
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by stimz » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:24 am

TaurenRogue wrote:

this makes me sad every day on nostalrius... its actually hilarious how ppl got baited into "fixing" this

It's hilarious how strong a case I made against it (all I really play is paladin these days) with help from that guy with the arthas avatar in giving me point after point to destroy him on, he conceded it was wrong(ap scaling), months later made his own thread asking for it to be fixed along with other non-beneficial bugs and we're what, a year in? Still WotLK formula, still 43% sp scaling on Holy Light.

For those of you who didn't realize, some guy on feenix edited the first patch notes of TBC to include "consecration no longer scales with ap", the feenix guys took it hook line and sinker and Nostalrius was basically just copy pasted feenix bugs, judging by their DB site with almost every loot bug nost saw. Not sure if they were tricked or just don't know how to fix it.

But in their defense, non-holy pallies still suck ass with the bug part of the bug is it doesn't stack with other consecrations. Does make for some lulzy solo farming though.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theloras » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:31 am

stimz wrote:But in their defense, non-holy pallies still suck ass with the bug part of the bug is it doesn't stack with other consecrations. Does make for some lulzy solo farming though.

That was fixed along with every other AoE spell several months ago when 16 debuff slot limit was introduced...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by snawfu » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:51 am

Theloras wrote:
stimz wrote:But in their defense, non-holy pallies still suck ass with the bug part of the bug is it doesn't stack with other consecrations. Does make for some lulzy solo farming though.

That was fixed along with every other AoE spell several months ago when 16 debuff slot limit was introduced...

Hey Theloras, care to pitch in on the paladin with Thunderfury?
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion