Reputation gains from questing.

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Reputation gains from questing.

by Enof » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:54 am

I have a dilemma regarding the reputation gains from quests. I am currently Revered with Darnassus, and I have noticed this big difference in reputation gains from quests, whatever database for vanilla I look up to, it shows 250 reputation gains for the completed quest, instead in the game I get only +55 reputation, this is almost 5x times lower than what I expected to receive.
So I would like to know what happens, I've played on a few vanilla realms, but I've never witnessed these abrupt changes to reputation gains that occured to me. Can a GM share some information about Reputation gains with other races on this patch?
Enof
Tester

Re: Reputation gains from questing.

by Enof » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 am

Can I get an answer from dem GM's please? Why are the quests from Darkshore, Ashenvale, giving such little reputation?
Are you trying to compromise our goals to Exalted with other factions because you intend to make out of it a Donation option or what?
Is reputation from quests dependent to the level of reputation that I am at the moment?
Please clarify this whole thing.
Enof
Tester

by Sponza » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:25 am

I remember getting around 5-10k max into revered with Thunder Bluff but they do have around 100 quests less then Darnassus so I believe there's nothing wrong with your rep.
Then again, don't take me for granted, I think the higher your level is the less rep you get from low (grey) level quests, not sure on this though.
Sponza
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Enof » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:11 am

From patch 1.3 :
"The loss of overall reputation when a player loses reputation at the higher tiers of a faction (Friendly, Honored, Revered, Exalted) has been substantially reduced."

I just did 1-2 quests in Teldrassil while Revered with Darnassus and took like 16 reputation per quest. When it normally gives 250 reputation. This rep gains is lower than the repeatable quests wtf.
Enof
Tester

by Youfie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:13 am

Nacht wrote:as a formula
Let LE be the level of the Quest or NPC in question
Let LG be the level a NPC, Quest, Hostile player turns grey given the players current level
Let RG be the percentage of the normally gained reputation

RG = max{100-(LG+1-LE)*20 , 20} for LE<LG
RG = 100 for LE>LG

When you are high level, you should gain less reputation for killing a low level mob or completing a low level quest.
The reputation gained gets reduced for every level you are above the "grey level" of the quest/mob by 20%.

Example: mob X gives 10 reputation.

Mob X is green, you kill it, you gain 10 reputation per kill of mob X (100%)
Now you level up, mob X turns gray, you gain 8 reputation per kill of mob X (80%)
You level up again, you gain 6 reputation per kill of mob X (60%)
You level up yet again, you gain 4 reputation per kill of mob X (40%)
You level up another time, you gain 2 reputation per kill of mob X (20%)

---

The same should apply for quests, when you are high level (60) and you complete a low level quest (5), you gain less reputation.
Example is copied from wowwiki, I believe the quest in question is http://www.wowhead.com/quest=3792/morro ... stronghold

Gives 25 reputation if you complete it at level 55 or lower (100%).
Gives only 20 reputation if you complete it at level 56 (80%).
Gives only 15 reputation if you complete it at level 57 (60%).
Gives only 10 reputation if you complete it at level 58 (40%).
Gives only 5 reputation if you complete it at level 59 or higher (20%).

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3817
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Enof » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:24 am

Who has written that formula??? is this Blizzard's work?
How can a blue repeatable quest turn grey? Explain
Enof
Tester

by Youfie » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Enof wrote:Who has written that formula??? is this Blizzard's work?
How can a blue repeatable quest turn grey? Explain

Yeah, that formula is from Blizzard. Basically, once a quest turns grey, it grants 20% less Reputation for each additional level, up to -80% (20%) of normal gain.

Which repeatable quest are you talking about ?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Enof » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:25 am

Lols, I am talking about the quest that you've linked dude( http://www.wowhead.com/quest=3792/morro ... stronghold ), thats a repeatable quest lols. apparently you've chosen the wrong quest for making an example.
And that quest doesnt turn grey at lvl 56.
Enof
Tester

by pmizz » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:49 pm

Iam positive that quest doesnt give 250 rep repeatedly.

It was 250 for first turn in and 55 for 5 morrowgrain, every alliance player could turn that quest in 100 times and do revered thats not how it was
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:17 pm

Enof wrote:Lols, I am talking about the quest that you've linked dude( http://www.wowhead.com/quest=3792/morro ... stronghold ), thats a repeatable quest lols. apparently you've chosen the wrong quest for making an example.
And that quest doesnt turn grey at lvl 56.

Haven't chosen anything, I just stopped reading your post when I saw how much bullshit was in it and copied / pasted you relevant information (that you could have found if you had used the "Search" button of the forum).

Regarding repeatable quests, well it has nothing to do with reduction formula, the first quest always give gold / xp and more reputation as it isn't actually the repeatable quest itself, only the pre-req.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion