PSA: Ferals Stop Using +Wep Dmg

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: PSA: Ferals Stop Using +Wep Dmg

by Istaria » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:59 pm

Think both of them are joking. April's fools and everything. Such a nice joke when all the druids that stumbled upon either message go and change their enchants - twice :p
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Istaria wrote:
Setup wrote:Feral falls off HARD beyond BWL. The itemization isn't there.

Actually right now the itemization isn't there. AQ40 (and Naxx to some extent) brings a whole lot of awesome bear/cat items. Ferals get 1 leather item from MC and 2 from BWL, of which the boots aren't statted for feral damage (best in game for tanking though). If you aren't killing nightmare dragons, your feral also won't have a +feral attack power weapon until AQ40.

They will never be rogues of course, but the 3% crit, combat res, innervate, tranquility and the ability to tank (or heal for those fights that require more healing than the instance average) are something a rogue in turn can't do.

Don't forget decurse.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Datruth » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:28 pm

Istaria wrote:
Setup wrote:Feral falls off HARD beyond BWL. The itemization isn't there.

Actually right now the itemization isn't there. AQ40 (and Naxx to some extent) brings a whole lot of awesome bear/cat items. Ferals get 1 leather item from MC and 2 from BWL, of which the boots aren't statted for feral damage (best in game for tanking though). If you aren't killing nightmare dragons, your feral also won't have a +feral attack power weapon until AQ40.

They will never be rogues of course, but the 3% crit, combat res, innervate, tranquility and the ability to tank (or heal for those fights that require more healing than the instance average) are something a rogue in turn can't do.

Where exactly is this sort of versatility needed? Lol
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Istaria » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:00 pm

Datruth wrote:Where exactly is this sort of versatility needed? Lol

Probably isn't, but versality doesn't hurt. I'm pretty sure you could do BWL with 1 druid, 2 hunters and 37 paladins so the raid setup isn't exactly very strict :p
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by LupeFiasco » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:03 pm

you can argue whatever you want about viability, but you cannot argue that ferals hardly have gear options now, and once AQ 20 and 40 hit they gain tons and tons of new top tier gear.
LupeFiasco
Tester

by stimz » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:16 am

+9 2h enchant and +8 stone is 238 ap for cat btw
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dr. Doom » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:30 am

stimz wrote:+9 2h enchant and +8 stone is 238 ap for cat btw

Substract the addition that +15 str/+15 agi and +2% crit elemental stones will do, and you get the real reduction. That reduction puts feral damage at vanilla blizzlike levels.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Tichonus » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:06 am

Dr. Doom wrote:

Substract the addition that +15 str/+15 agi and +2% crit elemental stones will do, and you get the real reduction. That reduction puts feral damage at vanilla blizzlike levels.

Even without +wep dmg. It's still worth persuing if you know how. It wont be an average of 500-700 DPS in BWL anymore (sadly) but i think 400-500 is still decent compared to 80% of the Server's DPS'ers. :roll:

Edit: Before i forget, what about http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=21189 Will we be banned for equipping a ring too?

"Equip: +4 Weapon Damage."
Wortgewandt - 60 - Feral - Officer in TDA
Tichonus
Grunt
Grunt

by Dr. Doom » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Tichonus wrote:
Dr. Doom wrote:

Even without +wep dmg. It's still worth persuing if you know how. It wont be an average of 500-700 DPS in BWL anymore (sadly) but i think 400-500 is still decent compared to 80% of the Server's DPS'ers. :roll:

Edit: Before i forget, what about http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=21189 Will we be banned for equipping a ring too?

"Equip: +4 Weapon Damage."

This was already sorted out several times before and clarified by Pottu:

Specific weapon enchants shouldn't affect a shapeshifted druid. After all, he's fighting with claws and teeth, not the weapon.
All weapon bonuses, or bonuses that are a direct addition to stats, affect shapeshifted damage since claws and teeth count as unarmed, and unarmed also reaps a benefit from these items.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by trorsmang » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Blib wrote:Whatever, point still stands. Playing a gimped spec and claiming it's viable

I think the server needs to collectively go look up what the word "viable" means because I see this sentence get thrown around alot and the person saying it clearly has no idea the meaning of the word.

I think what you mean to say is that they aren't "OPTIMAL" but they are still certainly viable(usable, workable, possible) specs. This fucking 15 year old pve content isn't hard what so ever to clear. Naxx might be the only vanilla instance where you will need OPTIMAL raid composition. Other than that it wont kill your raid to have a feral/boomkin or a ret pally dps in it.
trorsmang
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion