PSA: Ferals Stop Using +Wep Dmg

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: PSA: Ferals Stop Using +Wep Dmg

by Doopse » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:48 pm

Grayclaw wrote:It has been confirmed by the GM Team that the use of +Weapon Damage enchants and Weight Stones/Sharpening Stones is considered bug abuse and will result in a ban if you use it.

Congrats to the 2 enchanters that have +15 str enchant! Get ready to be met by all druids today!

http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19444
Doopse
Tester

by Hanodain » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:02 pm

Thx bro
Hanodain
Private
Private

by Datruth » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:40 pm

Grayclaw wrote:PanTheSatyr, might want to do some research before you make a claim like that. Based on your guild's most recent BWL, I would have been the #1 DPS in that raid. Before raidstats reset, I was averaging 500 DPS vs. BWL bosses.

No further research needed, they're clearly shit, never above #10 even with stuff like DFT and boots of the shadow flame.

Only situation ferals stack up in is hypothetical comparisons with horde guilds alt runs or guilds who spend double your guilds time to clear stuff. The competition in your own guild gives a perfect representation of your specs worth.

Take the GM statement as a hint to go resto m8.
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Istaria » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:49 pm

Doopse wrote:Congrats to the 2 enchanters that have +15 str enchant! Get ready to be met by all druids today!

I've got mixed feelings. On one hand I have that enchant, on the other, I also have a feral druid...

Any chance for some GM output? Seems kinda farfetched that they would ban people over this rather than changing the mechanic, especially since what, maybe 1-5% of players would even ever see this post.
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:17 pm

rip cats... time for boomkins to make an appearance.

jk.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Grayclaw » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:04 pm

Believe what you will about feral, fact of the matter is this. Before the raidstats reset, in BWL top charts I was top 80 vs. warriors, top 30 vs. mages, and #2 vs. hunters. Most ferals aren't good because they don't know how to gear, don't get all the buffs/consumes, and the mechanics of the class are challenging to master. It's not a simple one skill click class to play, which is why good ferals are few and far between.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

by ChipTheMonk » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:48 pm

I would hope that this would start as a warning. Not a ban, temporary or permanent either way. Just a clear warning that it is a bug.
Really, it should be fixed, but bug fixes have had a long rollout time for a while. (Such as Lay on Hands armor buff)
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by taxoro » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:38 am

Datruth wrote:
Grayclaw wrote:PanTheSatyr, might want to do some research before you make a claim like that. Based on your guild's most recent BWL, I would have been the #1 DPS in that raid. Before raidstats reset, I was averaging 500 DPS vs. BWL bosses.

No further research needed, they're clearly shit, never above #10 even with stuff like DFT and boots of the shadow flame.

Only situation ferals stack up in is hypothetical comparisons with horde guilds alt runs or guilds who spend double your guilds time to clear stuff. The competition in your own guild gives a perfect representation of your specs worth.

Take the GM statement as a hint to go resto m8.

Maybe he was tanking some of the bosses?

Also whatever gear a feral druid needs is gonna be way less than what rogues or other classess take to try to keep up with them.. A feral druid doesn't need more than a couple of shared items in order to be incredible effective, and all of this is WITHOUT considering the 3% crit buff you give to 4 other players.
taxoro
Private
Private

by stimz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:50 am

its been like that since server release lawl. made ferals pretty decent at lower levels at least.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Blib » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:59 am

Grayclaw wrote:Believe what you will about feral, fact of the matter is this. Before the raidstats reset, in BWL top charts I was top 80 vs. warriors, top 30 vs. mages, and #2 vs. hunters. Most ferals aren't good because they don't know how to gear, don't get all the buffs/consumes, and the mechanics of the class are challenging to master. It's not a simple one skill click class to play, which is why good ferals are few and far between.

Aren't you using 2 debuff slots for bleeds then? If so then that's a raidwide dps loss just so you can stroke your e-peen :?
The server doesn't even have 30 good warriors/mages who bothers with full consumes/buffs for every raid.
And remember their guildies gotta show up with full consumes and buffs aswell in order for them to maximize their potential.

As someone mentioned earlier, the only people you should compare yourself to is your guildies since they got the same kill times and buffs/consumes as you. I've personally raided with an average and a great guild and the difference in your parses is massive.

That being said, play what you wanna play as long as your guild is cool with you running a recently nerfed memespec, but just don't be delusional about it like that weirdo killerduki and his ret pally crusade.
Blib
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion