PSA: Ferals Stop Using +Wep Dmg

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Re: PSA: Ferals Stop Using +Wep Dmg

by ChipTheMonk » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:07 am

Blib wrote: [...]killerduki and his ret pally crusade.

Protection paladin. Duki is prot spec'd.
ChipTheMonk
Grunt
Grunt

by Blib » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:10 am

Whatever, point still stands. Playing a gimped spec and claiming it's viable
Blib
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Setup » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:11 am

Grayclaw wrote:Believe what you will about feral, fact of the matter is this. Before the raidstats reset, in BWL top charts I was top 80 vs. warriors, top 30 vs. mages

Feral falls off HARD beyond BWL. The itemization isn't there. Celebrate your mediocre DPS while you can.

Doopse wrote:Any chance for some GM output? Seems kinda farfetched that they would ban people over this rather than changing the mechanic, especially since what, maybe 1-5% of players would even ever see this post.

Yeah, when has Nost ever banned people for things they'd have no way of knowing were illegal? You know, besides the AV queue bans, and the silithus miner bans, and the tuber bans, and the...
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Istaria » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:33 pm

Setup wrote:Feral falls off HARD beyond BWL. The itemization isn't there.

Actually right now the itemization isn't there. AQ40 (and Naxx to some extent) brings a whole lot of awesome bear/cat items. Ferals get 1 leather item from MC and 2 from BWL, of which the boots aren't statted for feral damage (best in game for tanking though). If you aren't killing nightmare dragons, your feral also won't have a +feral attack power weapon until AQ40.

They will never be rogues of course, but the 3% crit, combat res, innervate, tranquility and the ability to tank (or heal for those fights that require more healing than the instance average) are something a rogue in turn can't do.
Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by davidnenn » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:35 pm

priests druids pallies and shammies arent meant to dps no matter how you nerds want it to be
davidnenn
Grunt
Grunt

by Aslan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Funny thing is that a tryhard feral can still do a little more dps than half the mediocre shitters posting here :D. But yeah, if you played rogue with that attitude you would probably be better than 2/3 of a dps with gear beyond many ppls dreams.

On topic: Classic fail. Why not take your time to fix it if you care about it? I personally would just push it back as its a completely insignificant bug and it would probably never end up being fixed, but then you cant just ban people who do it. Seriously, who the fuck knows if +wpn dmg worked for ferals 11 years ago. Either fix or dont fix and let ppl do it since its minor shit.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Smiter » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Blib wrote:
Grayclaw wrote:Believe what you will about feral, fact of the matter is this. Before the raidstats reset, in BWL top charts I was top 80 vs. warriors, top 30 vs. mages, and #2 vs. hunters. Most ferals aren't good because they don't know how to gear, don't get all the buffs/consumes, and the mechanics of the class are challenging to master. It's not a simple one skill click class to play, which is why good ferals are few and far between.

Aren't you using 2 debuff slots for bleeds then? If so then that's a raidwide dps loss just so you can stroke your e-peen :?
The server doesn't even have 30 good warriors/mages who bothers with full consumes/buffs for every raid.
And remember their guildies gotta show up with full consumes and buffs aswell in order for them to maximize their potential.

As someone mentioned earlier, the only people you should compare yourself to is your guildies since they got the same kill times and buffs/consumes as you. I've personally raided with an average and a great guild and the difference in your parses is massive.

That being said, play what you wanna play as long as your guild is cool with you running a recently nerfed memespec, but just don't be delusional about it like that weirdo killerduki and his ret pally crusade.

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/RaidO ... Raid=36769

http://realmplayers.com/RaidStats/Fight ... 69&Fight=4

What about Ret pallies m8?
Smiter
Private
Private

by Istaria » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Just thought I'd post this here....

Shanyatral / Istaria, Guild Master of <Theorycraft>
(and yes, these days I do stuff for Light's Hope - but never for Nostalrius / Elysium) .
Istaria
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dr. Doom » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:30 pm

Istaria wrote:Just thought I'd post this here....

Hmm, that contradicts what Pottu said today. Same date, so not possible to establish rule changes.
I guess refer to a higher authority, say Tyrael as chief GM, or the admins for a final say.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Grayclaw » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Soooo, now we are allowed to use the +Weapon Damage Enchant and Weightstones? My head is spinning.
Grayclaw
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion