Kiting

Discussion forum related to PVP Server.

Kiting

by alf » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Hello,
This looks like an interesting project. I'm wondering if kiting works correctly on this server. I couldn't find any information about it. If it does, you should put that in a video as, for myself atleast, kiting is an important part of the game.

Also wondering if the bridge in BRD is like on Emerald Dream, where you can cross it even if you didn't open it.

Thanks
alf
Tester

Re: Kiting

by Shaggoth » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:19 pm

You can cross the bridge in BRD unless you closed the gates to go to the inn if that's what you mean
And the kitting works from what I experimented
Last edited by Shaggoth on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRAISE THE SUN \ o /

Beta-tester :
Shaggoth - warrior tank
Drokhun - shaman heal
Morfodion - warlock unstuff

Soon to be :
<3 <3 <3 Bountyhunter - Hunter <3 <3 <3
http://kmod.free.fr/root/Vid%E9os/kevin.swf
Shaggoth
Grunt
Grunt

by Switchblade » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:16 pm

On ED I remember kitting to be broken, I hope it'll work on Nostalrius.
Switchblade
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by alf » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:37 pm

It's at least supposed to work on Kronos, and even though you don't like to think of them as competition, but it's pretty obvious that if both of these servers release at around the same month, they are going to be in competition for players. Players are the core of the longevity of the server, and therefore I'd think that having the best scripting (as this is what both servers seem to advertise) is a must. This includes kiting.
alf
Tester

by Hatson » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:54 pm

From what I've seen in their videos. It's the most promising scripting I've ever seen. And the french beta players here all say that it's the best scripting they've experienced.

So I guess you should just wait for the release and test it out for yourself if you're not contempt with their videos or beta players experiences.
Last edited by Hatson on Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:13 pm

The thing with Kronos is that it's already apart of an established group called TwinStar. This will be the 4th realm in the group, with others being BC, WotlK, and Cata. They already have a large following, which you can't realistically compete with trying to build your own from scratch with a single unreleased realm. Just looking at view and comment counts on Youtube, you can see Kronos has far more people behind it. While I'm planning to roll Nostalrius, it does have its work cut out for it. I will say though that the Nostalrius videos are more impressive.

Emerald Dream, the current server most people play for Classic; this is where everyone is going to be coming from. This sounds sleezy, but you should find things that don't work right there(Won't be hard to do), then fix them here. The first thing people are going to ask is, "This [insert feature] is broken on ED. Is it fixed here?"
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Osiris » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:29 am

Drain, Nostalrius does exist since 2010 or so(?). It's not their first attempt as well, the only thing is that their playerbase was mainly French before Nostalrius Begins.
Last edited by Osiris on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Osiris
Grunt
Grunt

by Grungie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:03 am

Kitting works fine (I was a hunt) on Nr. The only prob is when nooby Shaggy fear your mobs in the raid :D
Grungie
Grunt
Grunt

Return to PVP Server Specific discussion