[How to] Overcoming connection issues

Account or connection issues

[How to] Overcoming connection issues

by Kill » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:07 pm

randomuser wrote:I can't connect to the server - what can I do?

To overcome the connection issue, you must first identify the Problem. Check if you can connect to other private WoW (1.12.1) servers changing the "realmlist.wtf". If you can, there is an issue with the Nostalrius server. If not, there is an issue on your side.

Try identified a problem on your end:
- Carefully double-check if the server actually should be up at the time. Then, check again.
- Carefully double-check content of "realmlist.wtf".
- Try to use both copy&paste and manual insertion to enter the correct login credentials from your mail.
- Check firewall, administration and compatibility settings.
- Check if download worked properly and is full sized.
- Delete "WDB" folder.
- Disable add-ons.

If you have done that,
ask in the forums and search for similar problems. Provide some screenshots and post the content of your "realmlist.wtf" and also give information on WoW installation, so people do not think you are just stupid and can actually help you.

If you can connect to other servers and/or could connect to Nostalrius during previous server tests:
Congratulations, you actually found an interesting issue and are not just stupid! Sadly you can't play (for now). Try to change drivers, hardware, system and internet settings, reinstall operating system / use sandbox to narrow down the problem, if you are able to. If nothing helps, post your information to the forums and report an issue that might include: Operating system, driver versions and hardware, internet settings, screenshots / video of: the occurring problem, the content of your WoW folder, the processes running (STRG-ALT-REMOVE), compatibility settings or anything else you consider relevant.
Kill
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: [How to] Overcoming connection issues

by neckojebac » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:23 pm

Hello I have problems with connecting, I can login only on site, but cant login on wow and play it, I have made my account today, and I have also downloaded full client from your site that u have posted, please check if problems are not on your side, thank you.
neckojebac
Tester

by Shadowlurk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:19 am

Actually if you can't connect to Nostalrius but you can connect to other private servers...it doesn't mean there's necessarily an issue with Nostalrius.
Want your game to look visually stunning and run silky smooth? Read my guide.
Shadowlurk - Level 29 Troll Rogue (Expert Leatherworker / Expert Skinner)
Shadowlurk
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by neckojebac » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Then where is that issue?
neckojebac
Tester

by oskararveryd » Sat May 23, 2015 3:20 pm

I have the exact same problem as neckojebac has, i have made an account here which works but i cant log in to wow.
oskararveryd
Tester

by Jameena » Sat May 23, 2015 7:02 pm

Same as above :(:(
Jameena
Tester

by Dunbine » Sat May 23, 2015 10:17 pm

Same as above. Can log on to site, but not the game. Help please :(
Dunbine
Tester

by Pottu » Sat May 23, 2015 10:20 pm

Are you aware that the game and the forums use separate accounts? You cannot use your forum account to login to the game server.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Dunbine » Sat May 23, 2015 10:24 pm

How do you create a game account?
Dunbine
Tester

by AverageJoe » Sun May 24, 2015 4:40 am

oskararveryd wrote:I have the exact same problem as neckojebac has, i have made an account here which works but i cant log in to wow.

Dunbine wrote:How do you create a game account?

I don't mean to be rude, but have you guys even bothered reading the "Getting Started on Nostalrius" forum and the Beginner's Guide thread? It literally lays out exactly what you need to do to get a game account registered (Step 3: Create a game account and login).
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Next

Return to Support