Re: EnemyBuffTimersVanilla

by schaka » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:42 pm

bump for all these nerds joining the server now
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Poony » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:18 pm

How are the CTMod buff and debuff frame called? Anyone knows?

Just not sure what to replace in

local region=getglobal(firstToUpper(unitID).."FrameBuff"..i)
local region=getglobal(firstToUpper(unitID).."FrameDebuff"..i)

Thanks in advance
Poony
Private
Private

by Karrier » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:23 am

I have the same question as above, but for X-Perl and LunaUnitFrames

where can I check what are those frames called?
Last edited by Karrier on Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karrier
Sergeant
Sergeant

by zipzo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:36 am

Dear Mr. Schaka,

Please spill the beans on how you changed the default bar texture for health and mana for your default unit frames :), would be much appreciated.
zipzo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by osmoZ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:40 am

Someone knows what to replace for x-perl ?
osmoZ
Grunt
Grunt

by Dezzler » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:04 am

hi schaka, like this addon alot but I do have a question..
is it possible to change something in the files that makes the duration cooldown numbers to be abit bigger like a scale etc?

thx in advance
Dezzler
Tester

by schaka » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:47 am

Poony wrote:How are the CTMod buff and debuff frame called? Anyone knows?

Just not sure what to replace in

local region=getglobal(firstToUpper(unitID).."FrameBuff"..i)
local region=getglobal(firstToUpper(unitID).."FrameDebuff"..i)

Thanks in advance

CTMod should be just "TargetFrameBuff"..i

Karrier wrote:I have the same question as above, but for X-Perl and LunaUnitFrames

where can I check what are those frames called?

type /run message(GetMouseFocus():GetName()) while mouseovering a buff/debuff and you will find what it's called. Then proceed as above.

zipzo wrote:Dear Mr. Schaka,

Please spill the beans on how you changed the default bar texture for health and mana for your default unit frames :), would be much appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8p48h ... erface.zip
That's my Vanilla UI. Not really up to date, but I barely play, so I don't really need it. Basically everything but the addon folder are textures that overwrite the default textures. Then the SchakaPvPUI.lua styles them a little bit, but that part doesn't work flawlessly.

Dezzler wrote:hi schaka, like this addon alot but I do have a question..
is it possible to change something in the files that makes the duration cooldown numbers to be abit bigger like a scale etc?

thx in advance

Cooldown.lua, line 69.
Code: Select all
this.text:SetFont(STANDARD_TEXT_FONT, this:GetHeight()/2.8, "OUTLINE");

the this:GetHeight/2.8 part is the size. You can hard code it, by replacing the whole thing with say 18 or 24, or 5. Instead you can also modify the 2.8 (making it smaller will result in a bigger size, so you can try 2.2 for example.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Flaat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:31 am

schaka wrote:
Kill wrote:Dear Schaka,

this looks awesome. Sadly I have not enough time right now to fully understand that code and learn from your API usage.

I am working on this right now and I also encountered the problem, that aura event is not proced when buffs are self-casted while still being active (= rebuff before buff times out). However since I'm working a on a base where I actually know when buff timers are reset by just simply checking their remaining duration, I was able to overcome this. This is sadly not applicable for you scenario, as far as I understand.

What I would like is a video, showing how it works (and not works) to get an better impression.
Anyway, impressive job!

Code: Select all
local first, last = string.find(arg1, "([\s\S]*)gains") -- idk what I'm doing

HAHAHAHA ;)

It has something todo with Regular Expressions, I will try to figure it out. Something about getting the casting players name...

I was actually trying to read the playername/spellname from combatlog messages. Honestly, back then I had no idea how to deal with regex and Lua 5.0's implementation of it is a little weird anyway. It's not even regular regex.

As for buff duration and the like on yourself, you should look into my backport of LoseControl for Vanilla. It's a bit bugged, so I never bothered releasing it, actually. But it should give you a decent idea on how to handle things. On top of that, if you're looking into how to hook functions to renew spell timers properly (like the push of an action button or CastSpellByName), you should really look into SpellTimer, as it is probably the smartest, most well done Vanilla addon I have ever seen. The English implementation lacks proper combatlog parsing for some classes/spells, but overall it does the trick and you can learn a lot from the code.

I was also wrong in the OP, when I said that UNIT_AURA doesn't fire for target/party/etc - it does. I probably implemented something wrong, when I initially worked on EBFV. It's also worth noting, that I haven't touched the WoW API in almost a year. But if you have any questions, feel free to get back to me.

Wouldn't the easiest thing be to localize Spelltimer to the English client, as then all the work of trieing to achieve the same thing is already done?
Might actually try to do that myself
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by schaka » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:50 am

SpellTimer has a bunch of other issues. If I had to work from scratch now, I would use it as the basis and create my cooldown frames alongside its bars (or hide the bars). However, if someone else wanted to do something new, they should probably take the best of both parts. Because SpellTimers infrastructure is shit and it's a bitch to work with. As are most addons from that time.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pira713 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:00 pm

Hi guys, anyone know how to set timers for Luna Unit Frames? I tried everything you said but I have not gotten.

Thanks in advance.
Pira713
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros