(Addon) SilverDragon w/ Mapnotes (via cartographer)

(Addon) SilverDragon w/ Mapnotes (via cartographer)

by Miv » Thu May 14, 2015 2:51 am

I back-ported a BC version of SilverDragon to vanilla, which supports the ability to import a database.

https://github.com/Miv333/SilverDragon

I mostly just made it for myself, but I decided to share. If anyone would like to contribute let me know and I'll add you. Currently the database is missing a bunch of rares.

Something I may or may not do in the near future is switch from Cartographer to Astrolabe.

Directions: Install as you would any other addon > Right click silver dragon icon > Import defaults > /reload

Miv
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: (Addon) SilverDragon w/ Mapnotes (via cartographer)

by Wraith§Reaver » Thu May 14, 2015 9:04 am

Up to now I was using TNA_RareTracker to achieving the same SilverDragon function, and it works pretty well since all that it has to do is tracking the mob once you point at it with the cursor.
But anyway Silverdragon has a place in my heart since i used it (with the NPCScan combo) in wotlk, so great work indeed :)

P.S: i tried to find an alternative to NPCScan and NPCScan.Overlay but at now I don't think it exists.
I don't have any .lua programming knowledge (apart from deleting obsolete characters config strings within one specific .lua addon file) but if you will maybe backport that too, you will have my eternal gratitude :D
Wraith§Reaver
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by schaka » Thu May 14, 2015 9:15 am

If you're going to switch to Astrolabe, we already fixed the library for Vanilla. It's in our Questie repository.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Athene » Thu May 14, 2015 10:13 am

schaka wrote:If you're going to switch to Astrolabe, we already fixed the library for Vanilla. It's in our Questie repository.

Vanilla Gatherer doesn't already use Astrolabe ?
<Genesis>
youtube.com/GenesisGuilde

MSBT [Continued] landed on Nostalrius, check it here: forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1721
Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Miv » Thu May 14, 2015 11:19 am

Wraith§Reaver wrote:P.S: i tried to find an alternative to NPCScan and NPCScan.Overlay but at now I don't think it exists.
I don't have any .lua programming knowledge (apart from deleting obsolete characters config strings within one specific .lua addon file) but if you will maybe backport that too, you will have my eternal gratitude :D

That was my goal in backporting this. NPCScan and NPCScan.Overlay were way too new, including their database (post cata mob database) so it would have been wrong even if I figured it out. My version of silverdragon that I posted, once you import the default database will mark most of the rarespawn locations on your world map immediatly, rather than after you see them once.

schaka wrote:If you're going to switch to Astrolabe, we already fixed the library for Vanilla. It's in our Questie repository.

Yup, that's what gave me the idea, I'd rather not depend on cartographer anymore, only reason I was using it was because questie used it.
Miv
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by raideruser » Thu May 14, 2015 4:14 pm

I cant get this to work. Put it in my interface\addon folder and it doesnt show up in my addon list.
raideruser
Tester

by Scamp » Thu May 14, 2015 6:10 pm

Glad to see you posted this here too.

Another thing we're looking into possibly porting and using in Questie, is NPCScan_overlay, to use it to render polygons on the map. I'll definitely let you know if we happen to get that working.
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by worgenrage » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:12 pm

I cant get this to work. Put it in my interface\addon folder and it doesnt show up in my addon list.

If you are downloaded from github, then you get addon name 'SilverDragon-master' .

Just simple rename that folder to SilverDragon <- :) Exit wow, login again, ta-daa

Regards
worgenrage
Tester

by Fubar187421 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:54 am

does the download include Silver Dragon? Looks Like It Does.... Going To Download And Try it Out Thank You For This...
Fubar187421
Tester

by Rosenwyn » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Thank you for the great addon!

I have some troubles with minimap button positioning. When I type "Macro" and press enter, the position changes and gets back after reload ui command.

-You can't do that while incapacitated
-You can't do that while polymorphed
-You can't do that while silenced
-You can't do that while stunned
-You can't do that while frozen
-You can't do that while feared
-You can't do that while dead
Rosenwyn
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Addons & macros