I have looked everywhere for "chatbar" addon! Please help!

I have looked everywhere for "chatbar" addon! Please help!

by iccablob » Wed May 27, 2015 2:58 am

I cannot find a working chatbar ANYWHERE! Please can someone share with me a link to a working chatbar addon. I would be so so so so thankful. I have seen so many on the web and tried them all and none of them work!!!! Thanks everyone.
iccablob
Tester

Re: I have looked everywhere for "chatbar" addon! Please hel

by Achas » Thu May 28, 2015 1:32 am

I'm not sure if this is the one you're looking for but its called chatbar and it works with 1.12.1. I just tested it out.
I found it on a public google drive page after searching "wow 1.12.1 chatbar". Looks like there's lots of other addons there too.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Open the link up then hit CTRL + F and type chatbar. Click on the file and then there's a download button at the top middle of the page that opens.

After extraction the addon goes right into the Interface\AddOns folder.
Hope this helped :)
Achas
Tester

by iccablob » Fri May 29, 2015 10:04 pm

I tried it and got two errors. I dont understand why it would work for you and not me. :( im so sad.
iccablob
Tester

by Achas » Fri May 29, 2015 10:26 pm

What do the errors say?

Maybe you have something already installed that interferes with chatbar, so knowing what other addon's you've got installed would help too.
You moved the extracted folder named ChatBar into the AddOns folder, correct?
You need to extract the zipped folder before it'll work and you've gotta keep those loose files in the addon's main folder.

You very likely already know all that stuff. I would say try clearing the cache (deleting the WDB folder) but I don't think that's really involved. I'm afraid I don't know very much about what goes on under the hood. :?

We may need to contact an AddOn guru.
I'm sure we can figure this out for you though.
Achas
Tester

by iccablob » Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 am

Hey man I really appreciate you help. This is my error: Error: attempt to call a nil value
File: Interface\AddOns\ChatBar\ChatBar.lua
Line: 408
Count: 1
--------------------------------------------------
Error: attempt to index global `ChatBar_HiddenButtons' (a nil value)
File: Interface\AddOns\ChatBar\ChatBar.lua
Line: 211
Count: 1
iccablob
Tester

by iccablob » Sat May 30, 2015 1:10 am

Also tell me if you think any of these could interfere. The following are all of my addons:

Ace, Ace2, Atlas, AtlasLoot, AtlasQuest, Chatbar, ChatScroll, EQL3, MailSound, MobHealth, ShaguQuest, Snafu, XLoot, !ImprovedErrorFrame
iccablob
Tester

by iccablob » Sat May 30, 2015 1:13 am

And I tried deleting the cache and it didnt work :(
iccablob
Tester

by Achas » Sat May 30, 2015 3:38 am

No prob :)

So what I would do now is troubleshoot by going through your list of addons, disabling them one at a time until it works. The last one you disable before it works is the incompatible mod. If it still doesn't work after disabling everything else then there's something up with your client.

Also in the addon management / configuration window thing that you open in your character list, if your Script Memory is below 100 MB, try setting it to 100 MB. That's what I have mine set to at least. Just a shot in the dark. And finally just to be clear, did windows not let you delete the cache folder or did deleting it do nothing for chatbar? I assume the latter.
Achas
Tester

by iccablob » Sat May 30, 2015 4:29 pm

I tried everything you said and nothing worked :( thanks so much for your time. Im on OSX so maybe my client is just messed up. I will just have to live without :(((( very sad! I was able to delete the cache folder and it didnt impact everything. sigh.
iccablob
Tester

by Achas » Sat May 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Dang. Hmm. Well one conclusion to make from this is that there's possibly something different about your client because of the fact that you're on OSX. What that difference is that could interact with addons? Not quite sure.
For now try redownloading the zip from the google drive page and replacing the old ChatBar folder, just to rule out the possibility of a corrupted download. I'm gonna do some research.

I found an addon installation guide for an OSX version here. Just do a run through of it really quick. http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/6391 ... y-request/
Everyone on the threads I've found are adamant about the OSX version working exactly the same lol
I sure hope it does.
Achas
Tester

Return to Addons & macros