[Addon] vQueue v1.2 - A group finder for vanilla!

Re: [Addon] vQueue v1.0 - A dungeon finder for vanilla!

by schaka » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:10 am

It is absolutely not possible to get account information, unless you specifically tell someone else your user/password INGAME and somehow a malicious addon catches it.
I've been writing WoW Addons for years now and I know the limits. Seriously, ask anybody who actually has a clue.

The worst you could ever do is create an infinite loop to crash a game, monitor chat or send mails whenever the user opens the mailbox without them noticing (albeit, only in Vanilla).

@OP:
You should post this on other servers (smaller ones) too, they might even need it more.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Devlix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:17 am

Yeah I was thinking about posting this on the private server subreddit or something and I will check out some other forums too when I got time tomorrow. Glad to see people are talking about the addon though, been working hard at this for a couple weeks and the users are what will really make this project come to fruition. :)
Devlix
Private
Private

by Sigals » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:32 am

This is very impressive work looks very well done, I will try this out later tonight but of course it will only be useful if enough people are using it.
Sigals
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Astixium » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:37 am

@schaka still any of those actions are not things that you would like to pass down to your guild, I'm just being cautious, I have 50~ people to look after making them using something that could not be safe is irresponsible, like I said I'm not bad mouthing the addon, I'm really looking forward to it.
Astixium - Level 60 Undead Mage.
Class Leader of <Purge>.
Astixium
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Metalic » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:51 am

I will try it tonight!
Metalic
Private
Private

by gazi05 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:55 am

Awesome addon, was really looking forward for that kind of a addon. Don't have so much time to shout LFG for 2 hours just to find 4 players. But unfortunately I couldn't find any groups for specific dungeons, seems like no one is using it and people are still looking for group in trade chat. P.S. I see that this is a group finder not just a dungeon finder addon, so I suggest you call it a group finder. I realized people just don't like the term dungeon finder :P ... Keep up the good work.
gazi05
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Blitzz » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:11 am

I will install it when I get home, tell people in your guild to install it. Very few people will actually see this.
Blitzz
Tester

by winfernal » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:30 am

gazi05 wrote:Awesome addon, was really looking forward for that kind of a addon. Don't have so much time to shout LFG for 2 hours just to find 4 players. But unfortunately I couldn't find any groups for specific dungeons, seems like no one is using it and people are still looking for group in trade chat. P.S. I see that this is a group finder not just a dungeon finder addon, so I suggest you call it a group finder. I realized people just don't like the term dungeon finder :P ... Keep up the good work.

It was released today. We will have to wait and hope for people to download and use it, for it to become useful. I'll download it today!
Winfernal - 60 Orc Warrior (PvP)
Torghatten - 60 Gnome Mage (PvP)
Razà - 60 Undead Rogue (PvP)

R.I.P ^
winfernal
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Diametra » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:47 am

Posted it in game for my guild to consider. 125 people. I realize it might be buggy or not particularly well attended to start. Gonna need large amounts of folks to give it a whirl.

Great Idea and glad you spent the time to create it.
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Georgerr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:54 am

spread the word :)
Wakeandbake
Tauren Warrior
Georgerr
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros