[Addon] vQueue v1.2 - A group finder for vanilla!

Re: [Addon] vQueue v1.0 - A group finder for vanilla!

by Devlix » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:27 am

schaka wrote:Used this for the first time today, instantly found a group for SM lib.

If you need potential help with porting more mechanisms to the addon (like the CallToArms functionality), you can add contributors on GitHub. It worked super well for Questie. The three of us had never previously worked together and look where that went.

Yeah it'd be awesome if people would want to help I barely know GitHub, but I will figure it out in time. This is also my first real attempt at making an addon for WoW (at least working with GUIs) so it is definitely very messy and I feel that may turn away developers right now but I will probably fix that after this next release.
Devlix
Private
Private

by sanderson808 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:56 am

are there any mac add ons?
sanderson808
Tester

by shakey » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:38 am

Just for a little clarification, are you saying that it'll scan the chat for people who don't have the addon looking for group / making groups? If so, that's pretty damn neat

wait.. WHAT? thats AMAZING???

is that really how it works? i thought it only found people who have the same addon?
shakey
Sergeant
Sergeant

by schaka » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:18 am

shakey wrote:
Just for a little clarification, are you saying that it'll scan the chat for people who don't have the addon looking for group / making groups? If so, that's pretty damn neat

wait.. WHAT? thats AMAZING???

is that really how it works? i thought it only found people who have the same addon?

For now, yes, it only finds other people with the addon. Eventually (which I believe he is working on right now) there's chat-parsing that will also find people who don't use the addon - maybe an auto-whisper function and such will be part of it all. It's really fairly easy to do that, the hard part will be to catch chat search properly and make sure you understand what groups are still looking for and who is looking for groups, classes, roles, etc.
schaka
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Devlix » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:29 am

schaka wrote:For now, yes, it only finds other people with the addon. Eventually (which I believe he is working on right now) there's chat-parsing that will also find people who don't use the addon - maybe an auto-whisper function and such will be part of it all. It's really fairly easy to do that, the hard part will be to catch chat search properly and make sure you understand what groups are still looking for and who is looking for groups, classes, roles, etc.

Coming along pretty well

Doing a bunch of other stuff with the initial functionality as well to make it smoother just need to find a bit of time to finish it all and get a release out.
Devlix
Private
Private

by Mr_Rosh » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:06 am

Great news. I'll spread the word. Thank you !
Mr_Rosh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cloudborn » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Whilst advertising this in LookingForGroup and World chat I've come across quite abit of hostility, to the point where I am not actively going to advertise this addon. It's a shame because I do think its a addon that has great potential.
Cloudborn
Tester

by shakey » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Cloudborn wrote:Whilst advertising this in LookingForGroup and World chat I've come across quite abit of hostility, to the point where I am not actively going to advertise this addon. It's a shame because I do think its a addon that has great potential.

Well if you did, you must have done it WRONG! im actually a bit pissed off.
dont ruin this potential.

How did you do it?

its better if "group leaders" have the addon and using the (next version) with chat string identification so a group leader can fill up a 5man party quicker.. not having all noobs fucking up the thing.
shakey
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cloudborn » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Errr, I'm not quite understanding what your trying to say. This is my macro that I used to advertise the addon:

/5 Attention! There is a new addon called vQueue made specificaly for Nost! It is a addon that makes finding people for instances much easier. The more people that starting using it the better! Please go to Nost forums (Getting Started) and check it out!

This is obviously to raise awareness for it and make it more used. A dead addon is just that, dead. We need more people using vQueue, and since the moderations decided to move the topic to Getting Started.... well its not getting many views.

I'm not sure what your getting all rude and definsive over though.
Cloudborn
Tester

by DEDRICK » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Too many words, just looks like copy pasta spam
Cachecow - Tauren Warrior
DEDRICK
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros