Need suggestions about what addons I should have

Need suggestions about what addons I should have

by Fichi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:13 pm

So I would like to pvp mostly and I know there would probably be good with a different ui, hotbar/actionbars, some kinda timer to keep track of cooldowns and dots etc. Then im kinda noob at these things and kindly take suggestions on any addons that could be good thanks in advance.
Fichi
Private
Private

Re: Need suggestions about what addons I should have

by Antility » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Fichi wrote:So I would like to pvp mostly and I know there would probably be good with a different ui, hotbar/actionbars, some kinda timer to keep track of cooldowns and dots etc. Then im kinda noob at these things and kindly take suggestions on any addons that could be good thanks in advance.

addons won't help you succeed
Make America Great Again

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kqvXwAj.gif[/img]
Antility
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Fichi » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:37 pm

well probably not I just want some addons to have a nice UI better actionbars and a nice casting bar so. I won't see those discusting regular ones and it would help abit some addons just "abit".
Fichi
Private
Private

by arrows » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:59 pm

I think there is an addon pack in one of these threads that has a few hundred addons. I would suggest finding it (google search wow 1.12 addons should also work) and trying them out on another 1.12 server while you wait for this to go live. It's as easy as changing your realmlist.wtf file.
arrows
Grunt
Grunt

by ohgr » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:32 am

For a casting bar, I'd suggest oCB.
For moving stuff you can try MoveAnything
For actionbars, bartender is fairly popular and not particularly complicated.
As for unit frames and the like, a lot of people likes XPerl (my personal preference if I'm to use that is Perl Classic), Luna Unit frames is pretty solid too.
OmniCC gives a numeric cd countdown on your skills.

Personally I've found that which addons to use are more of a personal preference. Trial and error is the way to go, start with a few and expand your use if you feel like it.
ohgr
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Antility » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:34 am

ohgr wrote:For a casting bar, I'd suggest oCB.
For moving stuff you can try MoveAnything
For actionbars, bartender is fairly popular and not particularly complicated.
As for unit frames and the like, a lot of people likes XPerl (my personal preference if I'm to use that is Perl Classic), Luna Unit frames is pretty solid too.
OmniCC gives a numeric cd countdown on your skills.

Personally I've found that which addons to use are more of a personal preference. Trial and error is the way to go, start with a few and expand your use if you feel like it.

I agree with oCB that is a very nice cast bar

also, when i had xperl on ED and joined group LuA errors would spam pop up :( idk how to fix it
Make America Great Again

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kqvXwAj.gif[/img]
Antility
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TheLockKing » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:36 am

oCB is the only thing worth it since Quartz wasn't around until TBC

... u_u I love you Quartz
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by paradopx » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:21 am

I went through a quite a few and tested them.

Atlas / AtlasLoot / Cartographer / CMap / CustomNamePlates / DamageMeters / Move Anything / Onebag / ShaguQuest (really nice it adds most quest locations) Xperl, All can be found on the addons forum.

Searching through an amount of 1k addons is just annoying, those are the ones I find to be working and good. I still need more but thats a good list for me
paradopx
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Addons & macros