<Macro> [questions]

<Macro> [questions]

by Ragstal » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:36 pm

I have this problem where i try to make a macro to send a public messege by yelling for example, i want for example northbarrens alliance coming from behind aproaching or WTS this item <shadow blade>, i did manage to make one for warnings but i do want to add in yell messege emotes like skulls i've saw in the past from other chars but i suppose it's addon or something that you have to implement yourself the problem is i want to add in msg the item link so i dont have to open every time my bag and link it by shift click and writing all the time the same messege over and over again...can anyone that have tried these kinds of things with macro help me or link me an understandable guide (easy guide for noobs if posible that have first ever contact with the game) so i can learn to do those things or even to make a macro so i can instantly attack and after change for example do some other skill some more complicate macros for combat cause am playing warrior and i know with these macros i can improve my battle skill even more by not losing time with shift 1,2 etc cause by changing stances its time consuming best regards and thanks :D
Ragstal
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: <Macro> [questions]

by Ohr » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:31 am

Neither of your chat requests for macro are possible in game, as the symbols (like the skull you mentioned) do not exist in vanilla and you can not macro in an item link, even witih /script commands its still not possible.

And in regards to the warrior class macros, I'd suggest you read the warrior forums, I'm sure they have all the macros a warrior would ever need posted there.
Ohr
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by LYQ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:04 am

you sure can make a macro with an item link in it, but the skulls and other emotes are not possible like ohr said.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/API_SendChatMessage

that's the function you will need to send a yell via macro

and here is an example how itemlinks in macros look like
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:17182:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros]\124h\124r");

but there is another thing which will make problems, if I'm not mistaken the only channels where you are technically allowed to link items are trade chat/party/say/guild/whisper chats. if you link an item in other channels they will see the itemlink like it's in the macro I posted IF THEY don't have an addon which converts it all pervectly which not all have.

/run SendChatMessage("\124cffff8000\124Hitem:17182:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros]\124h\124r","YELL")

would be an example how to use it (here again an reminder: I'm pretty sure yell shouldn't allow to link itemlinks which means it will not "link" the item correctly in this channel for players without a proper addon but that is how it would work - it worked in my UI)

to get the itemlink in the format of my example visist eg. wowhead search your item and click on Links, there is such a chat itemlink for every item
LYQ / Virose
Talentsaver (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15429) - Totemtimers Enhanced (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24422)
NostalriusAcceptTrade (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31729)
LYQ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by St0rfan » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:48 am

Ragstal wrote:I have this problem where i try to make a macro to send a public messege by yelling for example, i want for example northbarrens alliance coming from behind aproaching or WTS this item <shadow blade>, i did manage to make one for warnings but i do want to add in yell messege emotes like skulls i've saw in the past from other chars but i suppose it's addon or something that you have to implement yourself the problem is i want to add in msg the item link so i dont have to open every time my bag and link it by shift click and writing all the time the same messege over and over again...can anyone that have tried these kinds of things with macro help me or link me an understandable guide (easy guide for noobs if posible that have first ever contact with the game) so i can learn to do those things or even to make a macro so i can instantly attack and after change for example do some other skill some more complicate macros for combat cause am playing warrior and i know with these macros i can improve my battle skill even more by not losing time with shift 1,2 etc cause by changing stances its time consuming best regards and thanks :D

Regarding your need for warrior macros, I Have a stickied macro guild posted on the warrior forum:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15825
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Addons & macros