[Addon] MikScrollingBattleText [Continued]

Re: [Addon] MikScrollingBattleText [Continued]

by Mivec » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:21 pm

Athene wrote:If it works I'll make a new release from this change :)

https://github.com/AtheneGenesis/Vanill ... master.zip

yes, its work, but it can be better, i think=)
thats i see (noisy number 6 every attack, which means nothing)
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/01/1452349251-wowscrnshot-010916-201821.jpg
Mivec
Private
Private

by Athene » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:48 pm

The 6 means the shadow school, I just forgot it wasn't about physical damage now :)

This is now Fixed with MSBT 4.42 you can already download it from Master Branch and soon from the Release section.

Also I added the partial resists thing because I'm pretty sure your pet attacks can be partially resisted (he is supposed to ignore armor) if you fight something with a lot of shadow resistance and resist happens you should see it, tell me if it needs more fixes :p
<Genesis>
youtube.com/GenesisGuilde

MSBT [Continued] landed on Nostalrius, check it here: forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1721
Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Mivec » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Athene wrote:Also I added the partial resists thing because I'm pretty sure your pet attacks can be partially resisted (he is supposed to ignore armor) if you fight something with a lot of shadow resistance and resist happens you should see it, tell me if it needs more fixes :p

This pet bugged, so he doesnt ignore armor, but yes, his attacks can resist partially or resist full damage (thats work fine with your fix, so don't worry). Thx a lot, u are doing great! :D
Mivec
Private
Private

by TyrantRC » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:02 pm

hey Athene any possibility that you add stance/shapeshifting support in the triggers section?. For example I have a trigger for "Overpower" and another 3 triggers for "Revenge" but as you know you can't use Overpower in Defensive stance and you can't use Revenge in Battle stance, but they still pop up whenever you get the "got dodge" trigger for Overpower or the "you parried/dodged/blocked" trigger for Revenge even if you are not in the stance that can use that spell.

Is kinda annoying because to disable or enable the trigger you need to go into the options screen and click the check box, I tried doing this by macro but I don't really know how to call the function that change that variable, maybe you can help me? is there any way I can change that variable without clicking the checkbox? maybe by calling some function by script

I tried doing something like this

/run MikSBT.SetOptionFromVarPath(Triggers.MSBT_TRIGGER_CUSTOM2.EventSetting.Show, false)

where MSBT_TRIGGER_CUSTOM2 is the trigger that I want to disable but I got an error, I'm guessing because Triggers is part of the options module and is not loaded unless I do /msbt. I think it works with the options menu open, but it doesn't update the checkbox and it doesn't save the variable. Any idea on how can I do what I want to do?

EDIT: here are my revenge triggers for the 4.43v for the people asking for it

You need 3 triggers

Dodge revenge trigger(DRevenge)
Applicable trigger class: Warrior
Icon Path: Interface\Icons\Ability_Warrior_Revenge
Trigger type: Search pattern
CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_CREATURE_VS_SELF_HITS
CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_CREATURE_VS_SELF_MISSES
CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_HOSTILEPLAYER_MISSES
Require Stance: Defensive
Search Pattern 1: VSDODGEOTHERSELF
Search Pattern 2: SPELLDODGEDOTHERSELF

Parry revenge trigger(PRevenge)
Search Pattern 1: VSPARRYOTHERSELF
Search Pattern 2: SPELLPARRIEDOTHERSELF

Block revenge trigger(BRevenge)
CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_CREATURE_VS_SELF_HITS
CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_HOSTILEPLAYER_HITS
Search Pattern 1: BLOCK_TRAILER
Search Pattern 2: SPELLBLOCKEDOTHERSELF

and this is how they look:
http://i.imgur.com/C0iFkoV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ApJh0iY.jpg
Last edited by TyrantRC on Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TyrantRC
Sergeant
Sergeant

by HyperStateDK » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi there.

First thanks alot for the addOn.. Really appreciate it.
Second. I cant find the option, where you can disable the blizzard notification for reputation. At the moment, i get both the MSBT and the default blizz announcement, every time i earn reputation. All others have been replaced.
Im sorry if its a stupid question. But i really cant find the option, to remove the default one.
I have unticked everything under the "advanced interface options tab".

Kind regards
HyperStateDK
Private
Private

by Athene » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Hi!

@TyrantRC: Yeah, this is definitly something I want to add.
If you really need to make a macro while I'm adding this you'll need to make something like this:
/script MikSBT_Save.Profiles[MikSBT_Save.CurrentProfile].Triggers.MSBT_TRIGGER_OVERPOWER.EventSettings.Show = false

Stay tuned for the next release with Stance specific Triggers ;)

@HyperStateDK: I'm not really sure that you can completly hide every Blizzard notifications, as far as I know in TBC you can't disable blizz XP gain notification and it behaves the same with Vanilla :( Anyone knows if SCT is able to hide these ? If yes I'll just take a code snippet and add it in MSBT, so far all my researches led to nothing.

Thanks everyone for your feedbacks :)
<Genesis>

MSBT [Continued] landed on Nostalrius, check it here: forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1721
Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Athene » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Well, it's already done :D

You can download it from Master branch: https://github.com/AtheneGenesis/Vanill ... master.zip

Consider it as a beta for now, I don't have any alt with multiple stances lvl 60 and I wasn't able to test it in depth myself ^^

As always give your feedbacks here :p
<Genesis>

Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TyrantRC » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:34 pm

Athene wrote:Well, it's already done :D

You can download it from Master branch: https://github.com/AtheneGenesis/Vanill ... master.zip

Consider it as a beta for now, I don't have any alt with multiple stances lvl 60 and I wasn't able to test it in depth myself ^^

As always give your feedbacks here :p

Holy shit dude, that's awesome. Thank you so much for this. Gonna use it a lot with the warrior, will post if I see anything funny
TyrantRC
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TaurenRogue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:30 am

quick request if not already in addon...
Is there a way to not show "glancing" text for white damage and instead use a symbol like "~" or just "G" instead for incomming/outgoing white damage (and i guess same for crushing blows)?
So for example instead of "150 (glancing)" i'd like to see "~150~"
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Athene » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:00 pm

Hello, you can change that but you'll need to edit Addons / MikScrollingBattleText / MikScrollingBattleText.lua

edit line 628:

and make it look like this:

(you can use anything you want instead of ~ )
<Genesis>

Athene
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros