[AddOn] RingMenu

Re: (AddOn) RingMenu

by jsb » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:55 pm

Granulat wrote:it seemes that the addon EnemyBuffTimersVanilla messed with it. I removed that one and now it works wonder! Thank you.

I have downloaded the last version of EnemyBuffTimersVanilla and tried it out with RingMenu, but unfortunately I could not reproduce the bug.

Santana wrote:The "auto-close on click" is not saving between logins. Any idea why?

Thanks for reporting, this was a bug with saving boolean flags. It has been fixed in the latest release, version 1.0.1.
jsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: [AddOn] RingMenu

by Santana » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:08 pm

Awesome, thanks for the fix. Love this addon!
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

by wolfensan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:40 am

link no longer works. please provide a new URL to use.
wolfensan
Tester

by jsb » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:29 am

wolfensan wrote:link no longer works. please provide a new URL to use.

I don't know, the download link on my original post still works for me:
Download RingMenu 1.0.1
jsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Askental » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Still loving this addon! :D

I have a couple questions again:
  • Would it be possible to have x and y inputs in the options, to make the menu always open at the same position instead of where the mouse is? And I guess have the current behavior if these are empty.
  • I remember reading somewhere (github?) that you may add a way to open several ring menus at once, is this still in the works? I would love to replace my actual action bars with this, thanks to the "always open" option, or try to make curved "bars" with very wide rings and only use part of their slots... Would look amazing imo!
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by jsb » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:41 pm

Askental wrote:I have a couple questions again:
  • Would it be possible to have x and y inputs in the options, to make the menu always open at the same position instead of where the mouse is? And I guess have the current behavior if these are empty.
  • I remember reading somewhere (github?) that you may add a way to open several ring menus at once, is this still in the works? I would love to replace my actual action bars with this, thanks to the "always open" option, or try to make curved "bars" with very wide rings and only use part of their slots... Would look amazing imo!

You mean you want to design a static layout of action buttons out of several RingMenus that are always open? This is indeed a use for this AddOn that I didn't anticipate. :-)

My concept of multiple different RingMenus would have been more like binding different spell categories to different mouse buttons (e.g. middle mouse button: buffs, side mouse button: portal spells, etc.) and have at most one RingMenu active at one time. This would be more in line with the purpose of this AddOn, which is keeping buttons out of the way and reducing UI clutter.
jsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Askental » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:41 am

jsb wrote:You mean you want to design a static layout of action buttons out of several RingMenus that are always open? This is indeed a use for this AddOn that I didn't anticipate. :-)

Yes. :3

jsb wrote:My concept of multiple different RingMenus would have been more like binding different spell categories to different mouse buttons (e.g. middle mouse button: buffs, side mouse button: portal spells, etc.) and have at most one RingMenu active at one time. This would be more in line with the purpose of this AddOn, which is keeping buttons out of the way and reducing UI clutter.

I do realize it's not the purpose of your addon! :lol: And I really see your point about the multiple menus possibility too, that would be really great already. Actually the only difference I'd ask for, if I could, is to have that possibility of opening several rings at the same time... I think it wouldn't make too much difference for the normal use, especially if they close on click, and it would allow the sweet layout I was thinking of! :D

Afaik you are the first to come up with curved / round "bars" (?) and I'm going for a very minimal UI on a fairly large screen so I just thought I could ask, I think it would look more interesting than the usual bunch of icons at the bottom center that most people do.
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by jsb » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:46 pm

Askental wrote:Actually the only difference I'd ask for, if I could, is to have that possibility of opening several rings at the same time...

Ok, why not. I'll add an option for that when I get around to implement multiple RingMenus.
jsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Askental » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:59 pm

<3
Askental
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Great addon thanks!

Multiple ring menus would make it even better.
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros