[AddOn] RingMenu

[AddOn] RingMenu

by jsb » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:59 pm

RingMenu
This AddOn provides an additional circular action bar that normally remains hidden but can be summoned by a click of a (mouse) button.

The RingMenu is hence ideal for storing away action buttons that are frequently used yet need not be present on the screen at all times (e.g. trade skills, tracking spells, hearthstone, etc.).

Setup
Before first use, you need to set up a button to summon / dismiss the RingMenu anywhere on the screen. Go to
Main Menu > Key Bindings > RingMenu > Open / Close RingMenu
and choose an appropriate button. This can be any keyboard or mouse button, e.g. the middle mouse button.

Open the RingMenu by clicking the summon button anywhere on the screen. You can now drag and drop actions to the slots of the RingMenu like for a regular action bar.

Configuration
Open the settings window by typing /ringmenu.

Using the First Button Slot and Number of Buttons settings, you can adjust the range of action button slots that are used for the RingMenu. Depending on your class, some button slot ranges might be already in use for shapeshift forms. Use this list to pick an appropriate range.

Further configuration options include the radius and angle of the RingMenu as well as the color of the transparent backdrop.

Download

Feel free to report bugs or suggestions here in this forum or using the issue tracker.
Last edited by jsb on Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: (AddOn) RingMenu

by Humble Kagu » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:02 am

Just wanted to say this looks like a real neat addon. Been leveling a hunter and could use this to store all those hunter/pet actions I don't use that often. Surprised to not see anyone else comment on this. Gonna try it tonight when I get home from work
Looking to re-live Vanilla together with a friendly, welcoming and well-behaved bunch? Then we open our doors at http://sanctuaryguild.org where we look forward to hear from you! ☼
Humble Kagu
Sergeant
Sergeant

by LYQ » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14 am

I like the idea behind it, not sure if I'm gonna use it but I may take a look at it.

gj
LYQ / Virose
Talentsaver (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15429) - Totemtimers Enhanced (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24422)
NostalriusAcceptTrade (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31729)
LYQ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hashmire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:20 pm

I'm going to give this a shot tonight, I like the idea and want to see how well it works in practice

***UPDATE***
I truly enjoy this addon, it is perfect for professions and consumables and less used macros!
Last edited by Hashmire on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hashmire
Grunt
Grunt

by Humble Kagu » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:29 am

Forgot to come back and here and mentioned I tested this addon. I honestly really like it. While I could simply just place my profession skills on a side bar its nice to just click a button and have it appear right next to wherever my cursor may be. The way the bar appears and disappears seems so fluid too. So all in all, works great!
Looking to re-live Vanilla together with a friendly, welcoming and well-behaved bunch? Then we open our doors at http://sanctuaryguild.org where we look forward to hear from you! ☼
Humble Kagu
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mr_Rosh » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Awesome addon, thanks for making it! :D
Mr_Rosh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Limmp » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:13 am

I love it so much! It is no nice when you are a Hunter and have all those Pet skills like dismiss and call pet. I allso put Track and traps there <3 Super nice Addon you saved me so many action Spaces :D
Limmp
Grunt
Grunt

by Slicy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Looks very useful and well done. Will try it out and pass the word :)

Edit : I'm in love. Always wanted to visually get rid of those buttons and have them available quickly whenever I want. Thank you very much. :roll:
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Losse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:59 am

Hello jsb,

Thanks for this neat addon. Very useful for non-keybinded actions that you still want to access fast like professions and consumables.

Would it be possible to make it compatible with cyCircled so users can customize the borders of the action buttons? cyCircled already has plugin files for other addons like Bartender2, Bongos, etc. Would be cool if you could create a plugin file for RingMenu aswell!

Cheers
Losse
Tester

by gotmilk0112 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:39 pm

Wow, that is....surprisingly useful. Clears up a lot of action bar space.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Addons & macros