modui

Re: modui

by mhm » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:44 pm

hey, incredible addon

was just curious if it's possible to make the nameplates clickthrough with right click?

i'm aware you can make them completely clickthrough with these lines

local showPets = false
local enableAddOn = true
local showFriendly = false
local clickableNameplates = false

local HealthBar = namePlate:GetChildren()
local Border, Glow, Name, Level = namePlate:GetRegions()

if (not clickableNameplates) then
namePlate:EnableMouse(false)
else
namePlate:EnableMouse(true)
end

HealthBar:SetStatusBarTexture("InterfaceAddOnsCustomNameplatesbarSmall")

but i'd like to be able to still select targets with left & right clicks on the nameplates but when right click is held, move the camera (as it is on retail)

tyvm!
Last edited by mhm on Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mhm
Private
Private

by modernist » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 am

sadly its not possible, and it really bugs me too. we don't have access to nameplate 'onclick' or 'ondrag' functions, so we can't properly alter them on a case by case basis
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by modernist » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:30 am

v19 adds a PvP rank point calculator — the button is nested in the HonorFrame.

modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hallonkaka » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Possible to get unit frames like this

http://bgwow.ru/uploads/posts/1319884309_pvw53291.jpg
Helvete <NOPE> - Human Warrior
Hallonkaka
Sergeant
Sergeant

by modernist » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:40 pm

it is definitely, but not through modui — I'm personally happy with the way the UFs look now
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by modernist » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:08 am

would a range indicator or frame fader for raid frames be beneficial to anybody?
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by modernist » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:56 pm

v22 adds combo points above nameplate frames for rogues & druids:

thanks to kuurtzen in this thread for the idea
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24085
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by qweefer09 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:54 pm

is there anyway to make it display the class color of enemy nameplates? or is there an add-on that works with the ModUI series?
qweefer09
Grunt
Grunt

by modernist » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:12 pm

sadly not, there's no way to distinguish player ids from the nameplate in vanilla — and therefore no way to grab their class info.
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Wosh » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:16 pm

modernist wrote:sadly not, there's no way to distinguish player ids from the nameplate in vanilla — and therefore no way to grab their class info.

Hello modernist!

First of all I want to thank you for sharing your hard work. I'm having a great time toying with it and the more I learn about lua and more I appreciate the considerable job you've done. Now you add to this your great communication and quick response and it is even harder for us to guess where are the limits of how much more we can ask from you :p

About the nameplates: Custom Nameplates, the version with the fix o only show enemies as default plus the debuff below the health bar displays the class icon of the target, here the download link. You might redesign that addon to fit your UI's style.

Otherwise I have a little problem with modui : the target of the target frame is missing. I have all the last versions you uploaded and I tested with the WTF deleted and only your mods in the AddOns folder. Of course the option is checked in the Interface Options and I tried Solo and Always options. On your end can you think about something went wrong?
Wosh
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros