modui

Re: modui

by modernist » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:24 pm

after multiple attempts to reset my WTF & install fresh versions i've still so far been unable to cause the same issue to turn up. i think its probably something corrupting the saved variables, but haven't figure it out just yet. i'll dive more deeply into the code tonight.

i've opened an issue ticket here: https://github.com/obble/modui/issues/82
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sp00ned » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:35 pm

Thank you for looking into this!

About the "elite border", is there any way to toggle it on/off on regular mobs, because right now it's showing all the time, is this intended or a bug? - Also, it doesn't fit other addons, such as UnitframesImproved.

Here's how it looks; It's showing like this even on other players and regular mobs

https://gyazo.com/907e2c3e71874642b5c7a5b0c5dd403f

Also, is there no way for the druid bar to predict mana cost of your forms? - It seems like when you switch to a form it doesn't update the mana bar to account for the mana cost of shapeshifting.

To sum it up easier: If I have 1500 mana and I switch to cat form which costs 500 mana, it still thinks I have 1500 mana and is showing mana regen according to that.
Last edited by sp00ned on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sp00ned
Grunt
Grunt

by sui2k » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm

hi, at first thanks for your awesome work on this Addon .. i love it

i am stuck on this error with ringmenu :( , is there any workaround for it?

sui2k
Tester

by modernist » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:53 pm

the shapeshifting shouuuuld be accounted for ~ i use rhena's druidmanabar library for the data. i'll look into it tonight though.

i think the elite/rare border issue is a run off of the issues with the menu buttons disappearing and settings not saving between sessions (nb: i plan to have a fix for this available in a couple of hours).

if it persists after that is fixed i'll continue looking into it. i guess i'll also add an adjustment for it when displayed on unitframesimproved so its in the right place.
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by modernist » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:22 pm

+ correct power colours for druid
- slight offset of elite frame textures
- bug that caused variables to reset & menu items to disappear
(hopefully)
- unintended display of energy and rage power text in %

please let me know right away if you continue to have issues with variables resetting, menu items disappearing, the elite frame showing at incorrect times, or any other bugs.

you may have to delete your modui settings in WTF before saved settings issues are resolved.
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sp00ned » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:29 am

modernist wrote:79

+ correct power colours for druid
- slight offset of elite frame textures
- bug that caused variables to reset & menu items to disappear
(hopefully)
- unintended display of energy and rage power text in %

please let me know right away if you continue to have issues with variables resetting, menu items disappearing, the elite frame showing at incorrect times, or any other bugs.

you may have to delete your modui settings in WTF before saved settings issues are resolved.

Everything seems to be solved, except for the elite frame showing all the time, still. It's looking better with UnitframesImproved.

And Druid bar not accounting for the form you just used, so you're always 1 form of mana behind.

Last but not least, I usually have all my important abilities such as heals and what not macro'd to cancel whatever form I'm in. Are my observations right or have you included that in ModUI as of lately?

Thank you for putting in the work to fix the most crucial things so far! :)
sp00ned
Grunt
Grunt

by Tjate » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:01 am

Hi !

Thx for solving the proplem with buttons in menu, It's working now

Regards
Patrik
Tjate
Tester

by modernist » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:39 am

sp00ned wrote:
Everything seems to be solved, except for the elite frame showing all the time, still. It's looking better with UnitframesImproved.

And Druid bar not accounting for the form you just used, so you're always 1 form of mana behind.

Last but not least, I usually have all my important abilities such as heals and what not macro'd to cancel whatever form I'm in. Are my observations right or have you included that in ModUI as of lately?

can you see if the problem with the elite frame is caused by unitframesimproved by disabling it? again, been unable to reproduce this so far. also, just to check, you're using an english wow client? I've made an issue ticket: https://github.com/obble/modui/issues/85

looking to fix the druid bar ASAP, you're right that its currently off.

& yeah that's a recently added feature. it basically checks for when you get the "cant do that in shapeshift form" error message in the centre of the screen and then cancels the form. this also works for starting conversations with NPCS or interacting with items.
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Handsoap » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi, how can I completely remove the dark theme from modui?
I know theres a color option but certain things like the frame around action bar buttons still remain dark.
Handsoap
Tester

by sp00ned » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:55 am

modernist wrote:
sp00ned wrote:

can you see if the problem with the elite frame is caused by unitframesimproved by disabling it? again, been unable to reproduce this so far. also, just to check, you're using an english wow client? I've made an issue ticket: https://github.com/obble/modui/issues/85

looking to fix the druid bar ASAP, you're right that its currently off.

& yeah that's a recently added feature. it basically checks for when you get the "cant do that in shapeshift form" error message in the centre of the screen and then cancels the form. this also works for starting conversations with NPCS or interacting with items.

Yes, it only happens with UnitframesImproved enabled. Not the biggest deal, I generally used it over your unitframes because you could config it a bit more, such as enabling class potraits just to name one thing.

Again, thanks for looking into all these things!
sp00ned
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros