MyRolePlay - The Supreme Roleplay Profile Addon!

MyRolePlay - The Supreme Roleplay Profile Addon!

by LucasAvis » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:37 pm

Hey guys and gals,

I've noticied that there is not a huge RP Profile following on the Horde Side (dunno about Alliance) and well, thought I would advertise a clean safe copy of one of the few addons that helps roleplayers.

Now I know there are other ones out there, but in my opinion and not just because I know Eterna IRL, I think MRP was always the best!

So the download is: http://addons.us.to/addon/myroleplay

I can confirm it works with current build, and works well! Just wish more people used it :D

For those that do not know what MRP is, i'm copying the blurb from Curse below as well as a few screenshots:

MyRolePlay is a roleplaying UI AddOn for World of Warcraft, developed by Etarna at moonshyne.org. It lets you make a roleplaying “profile” about your character that other users of MyRolePlay (and other compatible “MSP” RP AddOns) can see in the tooltip and a more detailed window. It’s fast, light, and powerful.

Spot other roleplayers at a glance, see which RP AddOns they are using, and get a quick overview of their character in the tooltip!
Change your character’s name; add a last name—or whatever you wish!
Mark your preferred style of roleplaying (casual, full–time, beginner, or a custom style…), or your status (in character, out of character, being a storyteller…)
Exercise your creativity further—describe your character’s appearance! Eye colour, height, weight…
Give people a taste of your character’s story, if you wish—add biographical information like their age, hometown, birthplace, and maybe even some tidbits of history to make people hungry to discover more by interacting with your character and roleplaying with you? Or hide others’ biography, if you prefer to discover that kind of thing through interaction.
What if your character’s appearance changes, say when they wear different clothes, or shapeshift into different forms? No problem: simply add another ‘profile’, and just change the fields you want to be different in that alternate profile. Select freely between the default and alternate profiles to suit your character’s mood, dress, form and so on! If you name a profile after an equipment set (Blizzard’s, ItemRack or Outfitter) or a form (druid, shaman, warlock, priest or worgen) MyRolePlay can even automatically change profile for you when you switch!

MyRolePlay has tremendous scope for creativity. It’s extremely fast and flexible—a roleplaying AddOn that lets you express your character however you wish! Use it as an aid to roleplaying, fleshing out your character’s “feel” or just helping you stumble into more roleplay… how you choose to use it is up to you!

Editing your profiles

Bring up the Character Sheet (“C” by default), and select the new MyRolePlay tab underneath. Click on a field to edit it.

Alternate profiles management: + to add a new alternate profile, - to delete or clear the profile, R to rename it. Fields that appear dimmed out are ‘inherited’ from the default profile—simply select to Change the fields you want to modify from that.

Further options (such as a choice of units to display height/weight) can be found in the Interface Options, AddOns tab, under MyRolePlay.

Where can I see other people’s details?

When you mouseover someone who has MyRolePlay (or another compatible roleplaying addon), you’ll see some of the extra roleplaying details they added in the tooltip, plus if they use MRP or another RP AddOn such as GHI (GryphonHeart Items) or T (Tongues), which is a handy hint that they're a roleplayer!

Want more information about their character than the tooltip provides, like the full description or history (where applicable)? Target them and click on the “MRP” information button that appears by the target frame, to browse their profile in a resizeable description window. (Or set a key combination in Key Bindings to bring up that window, or: /mrp show <charactername> or just /mrp show when you have them targeted.) You can target yourself and view your own profile as it appears to others in there, if you like, and if you want to move the MRP button, right-click to unlock it, drag it where you want it, and right–click again to lock it in place.

(Users are reminded that your RP profiles are public content which may be seen by other players and Blizzard, and are subject to the Terms of Use, and policies of the realm(s) you play on. Please have fun and remember to exercise your creative freedom responsibly and respectfully.)

LucasAvis
Tester

Re: MyRolePlay - The Supreme Roleplay Profile Addon!

by Jafnar » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:55 pm

This does not seem to work on Nostalrius PvP, whether or not it did in the past.

If you could please supply a newer, more recent link, it would be greatly appreciated.
Jafnar
Tester

Return to Addons & macros