[AddOn] Postal (Auto mail opening, multiple attachments)

Re: [AddOn] Improved Postal (Mass mail, auto open mail)

by Bit » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:24 am

sl4mp4 wrote:Can this addon do mass-CoD mails? I'm running a mail-order service for Thorium ammos, and manually filling in the CoD amount etc for 40+ mails / day takes time. Using CTMailmod at the moment and the mass mail feature only sends items straight off, no CoD option.

It can not. It's really just GMail/CT_MailMod basically except for the opening improvements.

Anyways, it seems what you really want is something similar to Aux Sell letting you set an item + enter stacksize, stackcount and a stack price (CoD in this case) and have it split and send it all automatically.

It would even be possible to automatically detect request mails if they adhere to a certain format and initialize it accordingly.

I wasn't really planning on significantly altering send functionality when I started this, just wanted to fix the issues that'd been bothering me with the opening. If I'm going to change it I first want to first really figure out what the perfect send interface would be.
Last edited by Bit on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bit » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:18 am

Here's a draft of what a unified send panel could look like:

(Apologies for the eye cancer)
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fenja » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:33 pm

"Open all" doesn't seem to work for me, any idea why that is?
I also had to rename "postal-master" to "postal", otherwise it wouldn't work.

Mass-mail etc. works great though :idea:

Edit: FIXED ITSELF
Last edited by Fenja on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenja
Grunt
Grunt

by Bit » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:15 pm

Fenja wrote:"Open all" doesn't seem to work for me, any idea why that is?
I also had to rename "postal-master" to "postal", otherwise it wouldn't work.

Mass-mail etc. works great though :idea:

You gotta be more specific. It's working for me. Maybe your bags were full?

That you have to rename it is normal. The "-master" suffix is from the version control system.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Apinanraivo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:21 pm

Hey, when I use aux auction house addon together with this, the alt + click on items stops working for Postal, I can't alt + click to trade items or mail. The bug happens when I put up some item on AH through the "Sell" tab which Aux has created on the AH window. Relogging fixes it until I put up a new item on AH.

Heres a screnshot of the AH window and I have Sell tab open: http://s8.postimg.org/4qnllzrcl/aux_AH.jpg

Do you think the bug can be fixed from Postal side or Aux side?
Apinanraivo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bit » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:03 pm

Apinanraivo wrote:Hey, when I use aux auction house addon together with this, the alt + click on items stops working for Postal, I can't alt + click to trade items or mail. The bug happens when I put up some item on AH through the "Sell" tab which Aux has created on the AH window. Relogging fixes it until I put up a new item on AH.

Heres a screnshot of the AH window and I have Sell tab open: http://s8.postimg.org/4qnllzrcl/aux_AH.jpg

Do you think the bug can be fixed from Postal side or Aux side?

Hey, it already has been. You're using a very old version of Aux.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by imjust0ne » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 am

I have a bug where autocomplete no longer works for members of my guild...it still works for those on my friends list...do you have a fix for this where are settings stored for this mod so I could delete it to do a fresh install of it...interestingly it still works for my alt, but not my main account. Thanks in advance for any help. I've downloaded the latest version and deleted the old file before putting new file in.
imjust0ne
Grunt
Grunt

by Bit » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:24 am

Postal simply calls the default blizzard completion function for its own input field (and the single send tab input field is unmodified anyway). I doubt that there's a bug in that so it would have to be a server side error.
I assume it's caused by either an "invalid" entry on your friend list or an "invalid" guild member (banned account or deleted character or whatever) and you can probably fix it by deleting the entry/removing that character from the guild.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by imjust0ne » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Bit wrote:Postal simply calls the default blizzard completion function for its own input field (and the single send tab input field is unmodified anyway). I doubt that there's a bug in that so it would have to be a server side error.
I assume it's caused by either an "invalid" entry on your friend list or an "invalid" guild member (banned account or deleted character or whatever) and you can probably fix it by deleting the entry/removing that character from the guild.

I think you assumed correctly...by deleting inactive/accounts from the guild and friendslist I fixed this issue. Thanks so much for your prompt answer!
imjust0ne
Grunt
Grunt

by Enslin » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Bit wrote:I've fixed those two issues in Grennon Mail and uploaded the updated version to GitHub. I may make some additional changes in the future, possibly merging the single mail and mass mail tab, but I still have some work to do on Aux first, most notably completing the auto stack + multi post feature.
Source: https://github.com/shirsig/Postal

Hi, do you know how to make CT_MailMod to automatically fill recipient name? I do always send mass-mail to my only alt and want his name to be automatically filled in mass_mail page :)

mozz easy mail didnt help :<
Enslin <Winter Chill> t2 hpriest
Galkovsky <Winter Chill> fdruid
Enslin
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros