[Addon] Questie v2.0.12 - A quest helper for vanilla!

Re: [Addon] Questie v2.0.12 - A quest helper for vanilla!

by CoolFangs » Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Thanks so much Dyaxler, this is such a useful addon and I would have hated to see it abandoned. Glad you were able to step up to the plate :)
CoolFangs
Grunt
Grunt

by Konuvis » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:52 pm

Is there a way to just use the quest tracker but disable the arrow, the world map aids and the minimap aids?

Maybe I should get a different addon?
"This cannot be! Is... Is it an omen?"
Konuvis
Private
Private

by Dyaxler » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:03 pm

Sure... on the world map there is a Questie button at the top. Just click it and all the quest icons will disappear from the mini map and the world map. As for the arrow, you can click it off by clicking the quest it's pointing too from your quest tracking list.
Author of SpartanUI for Vanilla WoW 1.12
More info available here: Nostalrius Forum thread link. - Feed back welcome.
Submit bugs on GitHub or post about it in the forum thread.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Konuvis » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Dyaxler wrote:Sure... on the world map there is a Questie button at the top. Just click it and all the quest icons will disappear from the mini map and the world map. As for the arrow, you can click it off by clicking the quest it's pointing too from your quest tracking list.

But that's not an on/off option right? It a toggle I have to press every time I log or switch zone?
"This cannot be! Is... Is it an omen?"
Konuvis
Private
Private

by Beadman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:54 am

I cannot get Questie to work with Extended Quest Log correctly. The problem I am having is that nothing I do will "untrack" quests from the quest tracker. In EQL and with previous versions of Questie I could shift-click the quests as they are listed in the log to track or untrack them from the tracker.

When I refer to a "tracker" I am referring to the text that gets put on the screen as displayed here:

In version 2.0.12 of Questie I was able to do the aforementioned. But in the latest version 2.1 I cannot.
Beadman <Goon Squad> - Nostalrius PVE
Core
Fury Warrior
Beadman
Grunt
Grunt

by Dyaxler » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:13 pm

@ Konuvis - no that is not a REAL on/off button. :)

@Beadman - I use EQL3 without issue. The Questie tracker, as I understand it, overrides any other mods quest tracker and displays quests you should be doing in a somewhat logical order. UN-tracking something in the EQL3 interface doesn't change anything in the Questie tracker, they are independent of each other. Unfortunately, only one mod can "hook" the quest tracker at a time.

The only changes I made in the last release compared to the previous one was adding the ability to mouse-click quests on the map to manually complete them so you didn't have to type out each quest via the command line. I also modified the tool tip info and added the quest level and the quest starter/finisher and labeled the info more clearly.

I haven't had much time lately to really dig deep into Questie's 2.0 code. I don't know it as well as the other contributors. I've mostly been reviewing the new 3.0 code base which is cleaner and has a way better database. Live I've said before... no promises but I might finish the 3.0 version and release it as an alpha for public consumption.
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by babichkata » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:56 pm

Lovely addon but the manual completion isnt working atm. Tried both via ctrl+shift+click and via the command, non of them worked. Yes, I toggled it on and off after the tries and even relogged. Quests are still displayed as if I can take them.
babichkata
Grunt
Grunt

by Dyaxler » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:43 pm

There are a few quests I've encountered in the database where no matter how many times I click it, it won't finish. At that point I have to hold ALT then hover over the quest and copy the questHash number, look it up in the database for the others and manually insert them all in my SavedVariables. The root cause is that these quests have more than one questHash in the database tied to the same quest name and Questie will only acknowledge the first number listed. You have to add them all to your SavedVariables even if you actually complete the quest. Unless I go though and manually remove all the duplicate entries, which I won't do, this will continue to happen.

Version 3.0 has a different kind of database and so far I haven't encountered any issues like the one mentioned above. I'm hoping to carve out some time this weekend to go over the code base in 3.0 some more and add in the remaining components that haven't been added yet - Quest Tracker and Quest Arrow. The database seems solid but there is a slight refresh issue in that some of the quests won't remove themselves upon completion. Once those major hurdles are fixed and I've had a chance to level a character from 1 to at least 20 - I'll consider it ready for Alpha testing.

Again, no promises but that is what I was planning on doing with my weekend. :)
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dyaxler » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:22 am

I've started a new thread here:
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=37830

I spent all morning reviewing the Questie 3.0 code. I'm not ashamed to admit that I simply don't have the coding expertise to add the missing QuestTracker and QuestArrow. The 2.0 versions both require heavy rewrites to leverage the new database architecture in 3.0. I tried for a couple of hours but there simply isn't enough comments in the code for me to figure something out and there isn't enough working examples for me to make logical conclusions as to how everything works together.

Instead I reviewed several user posts/suggestions and added a few improvements a fixed a few bugs in the 2.0 code base and released v2.3. Please use the new thread for any comments.

*If a moderator see's this, you can close and/or lock this thread - thank you.*
Dyaxler
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by pety91 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:44 pm

how can i move the tracker window?
pety91
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros