Slow Auctioneer Scanning?

Slow Auctioneer Scanning?

by sfig » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Anyone else find their auctioneer takes forever to scan?

It generally takes me an hour and a half to scan the entire AH, while constantly getting errors from auctioneer saying "The current page took longer than 20 seconds to scan, retrying". I have bumped my addon memory allocation up to 256mb and am using auctioneer-3.9.0.1000. I am also using AUX.

Thanks
sfig
Private
Private

Re: Slow Auctioneer Scanning?

by LYQ » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:30 pm

well AH scanning in vanilla is in general fucking slow, just type in anything in the ah(without an addon) and count the time which it takes to display any results. An AddOn has to wait the same time for every item, every page
LYQ / Virose
Talentsaver (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15429) - Totemtimers Enhanced (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24422)
NostalriusAcceptTrade (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31729)
LYQ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sfig » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:00 pm

yea that sounds about right.

Anyone know how to modify the data used by auctioneer to calculate median/average prices for an item? Mine are all way too high. I would like if it would only use the lower quartile or something?
sfig
Private
Private

by Bit » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:16 pm

Auctioneer is probably waiting for owner names which are often delayed and sometimes can never be retrieved.
You can make about 1 query every 4 sec and the time for the actual scanning should be negligible so most of the time must be spent waiting for owner names.

sfig wrote:Anyone know how to modify the data used by auctioneer to calculate median/average prices for an item? Mine are all way too high. I would like if it would only use the lower quartile or something?

Vanilla auctioneer's historical data is very limited. It only keeps a history of I think 35 prices per item and does simplistic median calculations on it. It's absolutely nothing like retail auctioneer in that regard. You can't really use it for reliable price suggestions.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dimith19 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:49 am

Hey,

have just barely introduced the gold aides so I'm getting the no chronicled information mistake when I converse with the salesperson the sweep catch us turned gray out with a message when I revile over of not ready to check for xx minutes beginning at 14 working down is this right.
dimith19
Tester

Return to Addons & macros