Re: [Addon] CustomNameplates - Roadblock fork

by Jazeff » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:46 am

Thanks for the updates Roadblock.
Jazeff
Tester

by cyklon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:24 am

Love this addon!

Idea for a possible update, a ToT-bar liked to the nameplate?

I'm not very good in coding myself, even tho i done some small addons with help from others,, but would'nt it almost be a copy paste CustomNameplates.lua and renaming it and tweak it to ToT instead of Target?
cyklon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by AfterAfterlife » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:48 am

cyklon wrote:Idea for a possible update, a ToT-bar liked to the nameplate?

I'm not very good in coding myself, even tho i done some small addons with help from others,, but would'nt it almost be a copy paste CustomNameplates.lua and renaming it and tweak it to ToT instead of Target?

It's not impossible but there isn't a pretty way to do it.
To get the target of a target (ToT), you either need to target (or mouseover) it or have the player in your party/raid.

If the target is in your party/raid then it's pretty simple and WoW gives all the tools that you need to get their targets without too much effort.

But when the target is not in your party/raid, it's complicated. First, you need to check all visible nameplates, target all of them and check their targets. If a player changes its target, WoW doesn't give any info about it. So, you basically need to throttle an "OnUpdate" function that runs every X secs (the lesser the X, the more accurate are the results, but the more CPU will be wasted).

It would be easy to do it for your current target or even focus (dunno if Vanilla API is "rich" in this case), but for that there is already UnitFrames addOns for these cases.
AfterAfterlife
Grunt
Grunt

by cyklon » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:25 am

Aha, yeah, that make sense..
cyklon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by line4 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Kilazar wrote:
snawfu wrote:Image

you can have it look like this with some simple .lua edits (using both addons at the same time), not really pretty tho

For those of us not versed in lua editing, could you provide the edits needed to make the modui castbar work with the customnameplates addon?

Did anyone figure this out? I prefer the CustomNameplates look by far, but the modui castbar is a really handy feature.
line4
Grunt
Grunt

by Shagu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:22 pm

Just as an alternative for those who want enemy castbars, there would be ShaguPlates too
(just another customNameplates fork)

can be found on: http://shaguaddons.ericmauser.de/shagucollection/

Greets
Shagu
Shagu [Horde] [PvP]
Smup [Horde] [PvP]
Shagu
Grunt
Grunt

by Talesavo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:11 am

Anyway to turn on click through Shagu?
www.twitch.tv/talesavotv

-those fucks at blizzard banned talesavo13. :(
Talesavo
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by cyklon » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 am

Talesavo wrote:Anyway to turn on click through Shagu?

Row 6 in nameplates.lua, change false to true
Code: Select all
ShaguPlates_ClickThrough = false

Shagu, maby add a own thread to you addons?
cyklon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by line4 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:44 pm

Shagu wrote:Just as an alternative for those who want enemy castbars, there would be ShaguPlates too
(just another customNameplates fork)

can be found on: http://shaguaddons.ericmauser.de/shagucollection/

Greets
Shagu

This looks promising, it has the right functionality but I'm wondering about a few cosmetic things. I'd like to remove the glow/shadow, make all enemy health bars red, replace the spell icon with the class icon, add the spell name instead of the spell icon, and bring back the target icon above the targeted nameplate.

Which, now that I listed it all, really sounds like I just want CustomNameplates with a castbar. I think I can figure out the glow and health bar color just fine by myself, but the rest, no clue where to even start.

Also, are DoT icons supposed to clash with the castbar? Currently they're located at the exact same spot below the health bar, not sure if this is as intended or not.
line4
Grunt
Grunt

by monteo » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:41 am

cyklon wrote:
Talesavo wrote:Anyway to turn on click through Shagu?

Row 6 in nameplates.lua, change false to true
Code: Select all
ShaguPlates_ClickThrough = false

Shagu, maby add a own thread to you addons?

just how to do it for only right click?
monteo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Addons & macros