[AddOn] snipe

Re: [AddOn] snipe

by Altoholic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:14 pm

Pottu wrote:this addon is not against our rules for now and using it is allowed.

The GM team.

So now we know. Thank you for your answer.

To the author creator, when you say :

Bit wrote:While it's scanning it will keep refreshing the last page of the AH and automatically buy any auction that matches a target in the specified target list.

Will this prevent the auto-logout of the game for inactivity, so i can let this run a week and see what i got after my holidays, or will i still be kick of the game after (correct me if i'm wrong) 30min ?
Altoholic
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bit » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:26 pm

It won't and there's no way to do that which wouldn't be breaking the rules.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by EinBaum » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:27 pm

Altoholic wrote:Will this prevent the auto-logout of the game for inactivity, so i can let this run a week and see what i got after my holidays, or will i still be kick of the game after (correct me if i'm wrong) 30min ?

It doesn't prevent AFK and you'll get kicked like normal.
EinBaum
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Altoholic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Ok.
So, as far as i understand, boting for less than 30min is allowed ^^

To say the same thing in a less polemic way, i hardly see the diffrence between buying stuff while being afk for 30min, and buying stuff while being afk 24h/24h, 7d/7d (tbh, i would love to have that possibility, not only on the "snipe" thing, but on the whole regular AH, if possible outgame, via a web interface : fixing a buying price, a buyout price, and being good forever as long as the cash flow).

But the weird thing is i see difference buying stuff while being afk for 30min, and buying stuff while being afk for 5min. That's kinda illogic of me.
When i craft hundreds of things, whith no addon (i haven't found any who suit me, sadly), i'm afk, and often end DC. And i don't consider that as botting. Same when i take my ton of mails with postal : i'm afk, and don't feel like boting.

So, in the end, it's the notion itself of boting who seem blurry, for me.
Altoholic
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Jeniwyn » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:59 am

Pottu wrote:Greetings,

this addon is not against our rules for now and using it is allowed.

The GM team.

This is absolutely great news.

Not because I particularly like the action but because it suggests the API is fine to use. However given the circumstances could you please enlighten us on this case? Was the player unbanned after reconsidering?

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=32448&start=20#p239726

Is this a reversal of the position on the API being subject to the botting rules?
Jeniwyn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by babichkata » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:47 pm

Greetings!

Does it scan the whole AH initially upon calling /snipe set or it goes straight to the last page and spams it?
babichkata
Grunt
Grunt

by Bit » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:54 pm

babichkata wrote:Greetings!

Does it scan the whole AH initially upon calling /snipe set or it goes straight to the last page and spams it?

Only the last page and it currently doesn't work on nost because of the broken AH sorting.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by EinBaum » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Bit wrote:Only the last page and it currently doesn't work on nost because of the broken AH sorting.

It's a feature. I assume this was done to prevent sniping. I've also noticed that noone except clients from your IP address can see your auctions for 5 minutes after creation.
EinBaum
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Addons & macros