by Youfie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:28 am

Nice idea, thanks! :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: [Addon] WhoFavorites - store and replay /who queries

by Altoholic » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:32 am

Oh no, we're doomed! :'-(
Nah, kidding. Most people don't use addons, or only some criticals for their gameplay, so this one will probably have a very few user base. I don't feel it will change things by itself.

But, following the discussion on the other thread, i got an idea to make people who are annoyed by spam, like me, happy with that kind of addon.

Feature Request : add an OptOut option.

I install that addon, and check the "stop buging me" option. To that point, all others users of that addon can't whisp me when they masp whisp people. Sure, OptOut is worst than OptIn (things addons like vQueue are doing), and all the poor souls who don't use a spam protection will suffer, but at least, it's a thing.
Maybe using an "hidden channel" to makes addons communicate who want to receive spam, and who don't ?

And if it blocks all whisps (maybe you can't differenciate a whisp from a mass whisp) from active users of that addon, it's ok. Not a goal by itself, but i probably won't appreciate spending time with spammers, so, no big loss. But if it blocks whisps from passives users (the one like me who don't want to be annoyed), it's not ok! ^^
Altoholic
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Roadblock » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 am

This doesn't automatically whisper or mass whisper anyone, there's no functionality to put an opt-out in.
It just makes it so you don't have to repeatedly type out long /who commands.

About whispers themselves, I've leveled as prot in original retail, the following expansions and I'm doing it again on Nostalrius.
People /w me asking if I'm willing to tank x or y I see as a perk not a nuisance.

It doesn't cost me but a few seconds to say "sorry already done with that place" "sorry no time now" or whatever, or simply ignore impolite or /w without any sort of preamble.
Polite /w end up on my friend list, impolite or obnoxious people end up on my BadApples list, works out well.

PS. If you want an automated reply you can /dnd not a healer or tank and have your peace of mind.
Astaldo @ Nostalrius PvE (Alliance)
Addons I've posted on Forum
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by MearFreak » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:42 am

[2016/01/30 15:40:50-102]: modules\PopupMessage.lua:217: bad argument #1 to `gsub' (string expected, got nil)
<in C code>: in function `gsub'
modules\PopupMessage.lua:217: in function <Interface\AddOns\Prat\modules\PopupMessage.lua:215>
<unknown>:
AceHook\AceHook-2.1.lua:75: in function `AddMessage'
modules\Timestamps.lua:418: in function `AddMessage'
modules\Timestamps.lua:382: in function <Interface\AddOns\Prat\modules\Timestamps.lua:381>
<unknown>:
modules\UrlCopy.lua:139: in function <Interface\AddOns\Prat\modules\UrlCopy.lua:135>
<unknown>:
WhoFavorites\WhoFavorites.lua:113: in function `Initialize'
Ace\Ace.lua:243: in function `InitializeApp'
Ace\AceState.lua:63: in function `Finish'
Ace\AceState.lua:128: in function `?'
Ace\AceEvent.lua:18: in function `EventHandler'
<string>:"AceEventFrame:OnEvent":2: in main chunk

---

if you do not include addon WhoFavorites, the no error occurs
MearFreak
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Roadblock » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:55 am

Line 113 does a simple DEFAULT_CHAT_MESSAGE:AddMessage() I'll have to look at Prat.

Where / what version of Prat are you using? (I'm not a Prat user myself, if I'm looking at it I might as well look at the same version)
Astaldo @ Nostalrius PvE (Alliance)
Addons I've posted on Forum
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by MearFreak » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:40 am

Prat changelog-r16703
MearFreak
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Addons & macros