Is it possible on vanilla? (Coolline for 1.12.1)

Re: Is it possible on vanilla? (addon)

by Bit » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:17 am

So, I won't bother with a configuraton GUI but I've added basic theming through a configuration file. The file is called theme.lua and contains a single table with the theme settings.

Here's an alternative theme designed after the coolline presentation video on curse:

Code: Select all
cooline_theme = {
   vertical = false,
   reverse = false,
   width = 360, height = 16,
   statusbar = [[Interface\PaperDollInfoFrame\UI-Character-Skills-Bar]],
   bgcolor = { 0, 0, 0, 0.5 },
   border = [[Interface\Buttons\WHITE8X8]],
   bordersize = 3,
   borderinset = 3,
   bordercolor = { 0, 0, 0, 1 },
   iconoutset = 7,
   font = [[Fonts\FRIZQT__.TTF]],
   fontsize = 12,
   fontcolor = { 1, 1, 1, 0.8 },
   spellcolor = { 0.8, 0.4, 0, 1 },
   nospellcolor = { 0, 0, 0, 1 },
   inactivealpha = 0.5,
   activealpha = 1.0,
}

Simply replace the contents of that file with the code above if you want to use it.

It looks like this:
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Myskillkills » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Thats nice!!
What if I want my cooline to be transparent when there are no cooldowns? I just change "inactivealpha" to 0, right?
And, lets say, I want the borders on some spells to be red, I just write 1, 1, 0, 1? And I want the spell icons to be larger as well, what do I edit?
Oh and well, it looks fine for me, but if Id ever want to change its width and height I just change the numbers in here?

Thanks for your work man, its sooo great!!
Myskillkills
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bit » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Myskillkills wrote:Thats nice!!
What if I want my cooline to be transparent when there are no cooldowns? I just change "inactivealpha" to 0, right?
And, lets say, I want the borders on some spells to be red, I just write 1, 1, 0, 1? And I want the spell icons to be larger as well, what do I edit?
Oh and well, it looks fine for me, but if Id ever want to change its width and height I just change the numbers in here?

Thanks for your work man, its sooo great!!

I guess red would be 1,0,0,1. It's r, g, b, alpha. Yes for width, height and inactivealpha. Also to make the icons larger either just make the height of the bar larger (the icons grow with it) or increase the iconoutset attribute (this means the icons will be larger than the bar by that much)
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Myskillkills » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Works just perfect. Some may say its not comfortable to set up everything via text file, but thats not even a problem. Thats sooooo greeeaaaat!

Any possibility to prevent spell/items icons to swap between spells/items that are on the same cooldown? Traps icons changing each other every 0.5 sec and so goes to some items, elixirs.
Myskillkills
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bit » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:41 am

Done. It works the same as retail coolline now, i.e., will not allow two cooldowns with the same end time. Can sometimes be unintuitive though because the cooldown shown isn't always the one of the spell you used. (e.g., I use frost ward but get a fire ward cooldown icon)
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Myskillkills » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:37 am

Yep, I did notice that, I always get explosive trap cooldown no matter which kind of trap I used.

Thanks a lot mate!!

Edit: Not sure if its a bug, but heartstone is always shown when its on cooldown and the bar goes transparent even when the icon is shown.
Maybe its better to make a limitation to max tracking time? Like cooldowns that are longer than 30 mins will not be tracked or smth.
Myskillkills
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bit » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:30 am

Myskillkills wrote:Edit: Not sure if its a bug, but heartstone is always shown when its on cooldown and the bar goes transparent even when the icon is shown.
Maybe its better to make a limitation to max tracking time? Like cooldowns that are longer than 30 mins will not be tracked or smth.

That's how the retail version works. A long cooldown will be tracked but if all cooldowns are longer than a certain amount it'll be inactive until one becomes less than that.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guybrush » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Bit wrote:That's how the retail version works. A long cooldown will be tracked but if all cooldowns are longer than a certain amount it'll be inactive until one becomes less than that.

I think his issue is that the inactive icons are not using the inactivealpha parameter. So if you set inactivealpha to 0 you'll have a hearthstone icon floating around.

Great work with the addon!
Been playing around with it, only had 1 issue with it. When 2 icons are on top of each other there's a lot of Z-fighting going on.
Maybe its just me but I think it looks better with the numbers behind the icons:
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Myskillkills » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:46 pm

Ye kinda:D
Let me know how to do it.
Myskillkills
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bit » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:14 pm

Guybrush wrote:I think his issue is that the inactive icons are not using the inactivealpha parameter. So if you set inactivealpha to 0 you'll have a hearthstone icon floating around.

Great work with the addon!
Been playing around with it, only had 1 issue with it. When 2 icons are on top of each other there's a lot of Z-fighting going on.
Maybe its just me but I think it looks better with the numbers behind the icons:

I'm pretty sure all of this is exactly like the retail version (for the better or worse). That includes the z-fighting which it's explicitly coded to do, in small randomized intervals.

I'm not sure if you can even configure the inactive alpha in the retail version but in any case the retail version solves the "hearthstone problem" in a different way, namely with an ignore function. I've added that now, so you can add items/spells to the ignore list in the settings.lua file (former theme.lua, still also contains the theme). Hearthstone is already added. The elements have to be enclosed in quotes and separated by commas. The matching is not case sensitive.
Bit
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros