[Addon] QuestSoundBits - Quest progress sounds

[Addon] QuestSoundBits - Quest progress sounds

by Roadblock » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:28 am

Prompted by this request: /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=34024

QuestSoundBits plays short Peon (Horde players) or Peasant (Alliance players) voice clips when the player
  • Completes a Quest
  • Completes a Quest Objective
  • Progresses on a Quest Objective
Each kind of alert can be toggled ON or OFF.

/questsoundbits, /questsounds or /qsb in-game for options help

Download: https://github.com/Dridzt/QuestSoundBit ... 2.11-11200
Virustotal: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/acee7 ... 455574446/
Last edited by Roadblock on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Astaldo @ Nostalrius PvE (Alliance)
Addons I've posted on Forum
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: [Addon] QuestSoundBits - Quest progress sounds

by Roadblock » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:05 pm

v1.1-11200
- Bugfix my alert throttle causing only the first sound of each kind to play.

Updated download link in first post.
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaiji » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:46 pm

Quoting from the other thread.

Roadblock wrote:Are you using the latest version?
1. I derped when I pushed the fix for the throttle bug and left the objective progress flag to true (I was using it to get more alerts for testing)
You can open QuestSoundBits.lua in a text editor and change
Code: Select all
["Progress"] = true,
to
Code: Select all
["Progress"] = false,
at the top of the file.
It will make it less spammy.
2. I've noticed that several quests do not give info messages (the yellow text up top) for progress or completion.
That looks like a bug in the client; addon relies on those firing (doesn't matter if another addon is hiding them) for its alerts.

That's something I can't fix unfortunately.
If you have noticed completion messages without sound report it to the addon thread and I'll take another look.

I did install the update and already changed "Progress" to "False". I'd assumed you enabled it to make the addon fully functional.

I haven't noticed it failing to say "Ready to work" (although it may yet do so because of the game limitation you mentioned). The issue I'm having is that it never says "Job's done!" (instead of "Ready to work!") to signify completion of an entire quest (as opposed to completion of an individual objective).
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Roadblock » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:36 pm

Kaiji wrote:I did install the update and already changed "Progress" to "False". I'd assumed you enabled it to make the addon fully functional.

I haven't noticed it failing to say "Ready to work" (although it may yet do so because of the game limitation you mentioned). The issue I'm having is that it never says "Job's done!" (instead of "Ready to work!") to signify completion of an entire quest (as opposed to completion of an individual objective).

Thanks, it must be some silly logical bug, I'll try to find what's up when I have a little time.

PS. Could you set Objective to false temporarily as well so that only quest completion is enabled, to see if the job's done plays then?
I won't be questing (or playing much for the next couple days), maybe it's a race condition if both events come very close to one another.
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaiji » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:23 am

Roadblock wrote:PS. Could you set Objective to false temporarily as well so that only quest completion is enabled, to see if the job's done plays then?

Did a bunch of quests and heard nothing with Objective set to false and Complete set to true.
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Roadblock » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:01 am

Kaiji wrote:
Roadblock wrote:PS. Could you set Objective to false temporarily as well so that only quest completion is enabled, to see if the job's done plays then?

Did a bunch of quests and heard nothing with Objective set to false and Complete set to true.

Ok that lets me focus on probable causes (a) my capture pattern is not correct or (b) the game doesn't route quest completion messages through UI_INFO_MESSAGE event.

Edit:
It's (b). Game doesn't fire UI_INFO_MESSAGE for quest completion... :!:
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaiji » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:08 am

Roadblock wrote:It's (b). Game doesn't fire UI_INFO_MESSAGE for quest completion... :!:

So it's a no-go? :? :(
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Roadblock » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:18 am

I wouldn't say that yet, it's just slow going to test for workaround since I need to complete a quest each time.
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Roadblock » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Try the latest one I posted in the OP (v1.3-11200)

It should work for quest completion now.

PS. I forgot to toggle Progress to false again before pushing so it will be spammy.
Edit QuestSoundBits.lua and put ["Progress"] = false in settings section at the top if you only want objective and quest completion.
Roadblock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kaiji » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:19 am

I installed the new version and set Progress to false. When I completed a quest it said "Ready to work!" and "Job's done" simultaneously.
Kaiji
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Addons & macros