[Release] DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

Re: [Comming soon] DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool

by cyklon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:34 pm

Geif moar updates :)

I would say if this addon works it will take the top spot of the best addon for vanilla ever made!
cyklon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:44 pm

Hey,

I saw that you plan to make DPSMate able to differentiate auto-attacks from MH & OH. I was a bit curious : how are you gonna do that? Since they show up the same in the combat log & shit. I was thinking maybe according to weapon speed & haste, and comparing the exact time between swings to infer what hand they're from, but that sounds sketchy - but maybe it's not after all.

No real technical reason, I'm just curious! :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Geigerkind » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:12 pm

Pretty much what you said. If you take the weaponswing timer + Real MS + taking buffs etc. into account + assigning algorythm, we could assign quiete accurately every white hit to a weapon. That includes also procs and attacks. But yes, it is a bet sketchy. Still it is a planned feature. I may find a better way than what Im currently thinking about in the future.
This is also just "accurate" for the player. You cant do this for every player in the raid. This data will be transported by syncing then.

@cyklon:
Im currently trying to stabalize the current version. It has to be performant and bugfree with 40 people. That requires some testing. Also I havent started working on the raidstats transition with Dilatazu yet. We both couldnt find time yet, but this will be hopefully done this week or next.
Regarding the raid testing, I guess Im quite good in time.

cheers!
My Addons:
DPSMate - A combat analyzation tool (/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=38042)
Vanilla Consolidated Buff-Frames (/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18189)
Modified Power Auras (/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=18251)
Geigerkind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:44 pm

Ok, thanks for your answer.

If that's of any help, another way that could be used too, but not as the only one, would be weapon damage ranges: depending on weapon damage ranges, sometimes it is absolutely impossible that a certain swing was performed by a certain hand, because it's too high to be from the other one.

Of course most of the time they can be from either hands, but I guess that could be a way to slightly reduce the margin of error that might exist using solely the method you described, especially when lagging a bit / having weapon with close to similar weapon speeds etc.

Dual Weilding and "+x% to all damage" are taken into account into the Character Sheet melee damage tooltips so that wouldn't be an issue, the only thing that might be a problem is Rogue / Hunter Murder / whatever it's called Talents increasing damage against some kind of enemies only, or debuffs on a target modifying physical damage by a flat percent, but I don't know any.

Like, with OH damage range of 75-150 and MH damage range of 125-200 for instance, all swings above 150 could be labeled as MH straight away for instance. And armor wouldn't be an issue either unless you try to know if a swing is "too low".

Anyway, you probably thought about all that a lot more that I did :D.

Good luck on your work, keep us updated! :)
Last edited by Youfie on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Renew » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:53 pm

Geigerkind wrote:his data will be transported by syncing then.

thats a lot of data for 40 man raid, you use ChatThrottleLib or a custom solution (sending every x sec for example)?

my sync of healing assignments addon doesnt fully work because SendAddonMessage stops working after x messages, not sure whats the best solution for this, any idea whats a good delay time for sending messages?
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Geigerkind » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Youfie wrote:Ok, thanks for your answer.

If that's of any help, another way that could be used too, but not as the only one, would be weapon damage ranges: depending on weapon damage ranges, sometimes it is absolutely impossible that a certain swing was performed by a certain hand, because it's too high to be from the other one.

Of course most of the time they can be from either hands, but I guess that could be a way to slightly reduce the margin of error that might exist using solely the method you described, especially when lagging a bit / having weapon with close to similar weapon speeds etc.

Dual Weilding and "+x% to all damage" are taken into account into the Character Sheet melee damage tooltips so that wouldn't be an issue, the only thing that might be a problem is Rogue / Hunter Murder / whatever it's called Talents talents increasing damage against some kind of enemies only, or debuffs on a target modifying physical damage by a flat percent, but I don't know any.

Like, with OH damage range of 75-150 and MH damage range of 125-200 for instance, all swings above 150 could be labeled as MH straight away for instance. Armor wouldn't be an issue unless you try to know if a swing is "too low".

Anyway, you probably thought about all that a lot more that I did :D.

Good luck on your work, keep us updated! :)

Wow, I didnt think about that. Thanks!

@Renew
I have no problem with that on Kronos, is there some kind of spamfilter on Nost?
Im sending packets of data in an asynchron pattern. Im currently testing the syncing with and without this lib. I believe that I can get a better performance with my system. But there is a lot to think about. For example that you cant make strings too long, else they might cause lag while parsing them again, even though I believe I found an very efficient method for an easy pattern.

cheers!
My Addons:
Geigerkind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Renew » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:11 pm

Geigerkind wrote:@Renew
I have no problem with that on Kronos, is there some kind of spamfilter on Nost?
Im sending packets of data in an asynchron pattern. Im currently testing the syncing with and without this lib. I believe that I can get a better performance with my system. But there is a lot to think about. For example that you cant make strings too long, else they might cause lag while parsing them again, even though I believe I found an very efficient method for an easy pattern.

I think there is, i didnt have this problem on VanillaGaming :/ the communication just stops at some point, ~70 received messages without any delay sent in a for-loop

the prefix can take up to 256 chars too btw, its good "abuseable"

i didnt test it now, just found this bug in a raid...prob. i just make a small delay between the messages...
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Geigerkind » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:22 pm

Up to 70 messages per session heh, thats not a lot. That means Im forced to condense the data even more for Nost or I change the algorythm up :/.
Guess the release just postponed a bit :P
My Addons:
Geigerkind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by cyklon » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:08 pm

Progressupdate? :)
cyklon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Geigerkind » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:15 am

cyklon wrote:Progressupdate? :)

Im sorry, I couldnt work on it recently. I have not been making any progress, due to studies. I try to get some work done this easter, but you know how it is those days :P

cheers!
My Addons:
Geigerkind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros