UI hider for 1.12?

UI hider for 1.12?

by Henke » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:28 am

There's a now-discontinued addon called Kong Automatic UI Hider that would let you hide elements of UI and show them again upon mouseover/combat etc. If you have actionbars filled with inessential abilities that you don't always need to see the cooldown/availability of this can be useful, especially if your goal is to have a minimalistic UI. I tried some of the earlier versions on Wowinterface but they start at TBC and none seem to work for 1.12.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... Hider.html

Is anyone aware of an addon with similar functionality for 1.12, is interested in modifying the existing addon to work for 1.12, or creating a new addon altogether? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like an addon like this.
Henke
Grunt
Grunt

Re: UI hider for 1.12?

by Myskillkills » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:25 am

So, what exactly do you want to have? Action bars, pet bars, bag bars, character menu, etc to be able to be hidden or shown only upon mouseover?
Myskillkills
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Draggah » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 am

Yes please @Myskillkills
Draggah
Private
Private

by Henke » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Myskillkills wrote:So, what exactly do you want to have? Action bars, pet bars, bag bars, character menu, etc to be able to be hidden or shown only upon mouseover?

Yes. The addon I linked would let you hide every part of your UI and show them again upon mouseover. I'd be satisfied with just action bars though.
Henke
Grunt
Grunt

by Marcas » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:09 pm

You can hide the UI by pressing ALT-Z
you can make it appear again by pressing ALT-Z again.

Not sure if this helps.
Marcas
Private
Private

by doggy0069 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Marcas wrote:You can hide the UI by pressing ALT-Z
you can make it appear again by pressing ALT-Z again.

Not sure if this helps.

i think he means like the visbility state of being in and out of combat. like when your not in combat certain things will be hidden like actionbar and health frame and they will reappear when in combat
doggy0069
Tester

by Myskillkills » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:04 pm

You guys simply install Discord Action Bars and delete any of other bar addons you have.
Not only you can hide any bar (from 1 to 12), you can also hide a bag bar, mini-menu bar, pet bar and so, or you can make any of these to be shown on mouseover.
Also, DAB has a lot of conditionals to add either to bars either to bar slots, where you can make a bar to be hidden out of combat (for example), and to be shown only in combat (also for example), but there are waaaaay more functions, you can check it. It will take a plenty of time to set it up, but I've never regreted I spend so much time for it.

And yes, what comes to any UI element to be hidden.... Pretty sure nothing like that exists for vanilla, the only thing you can try is MoveAnything, but that will just give you only a possibility to move these elements out of the UI, not to be hidden or to be shown upon mouseover.
Myskillkills
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Henke » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:50 am

Myskillkills wrote:You guys simply install Discord Action Bars and delete any of other bar addons you have.
Not only you can hide any bar (from 1 to 12), you can also hide a bag bar, mini-menu bar, pet bar and so, or you can make any of these to be shown on mouseover.
Also, DAB has a lot of conditionals to add either to bars either to bar slots, where you can make a bar to be hidden out of combat (for example), and to be shown only in combat (also for example), but there are waaaaay more functions, you can check it. It will take a plenty of time to set it up, but I've never regreted I spend so much time for it.

And yes, what comes to any UI element to be hidden.... Pretty sure nothing like that exists for vanilla, the only thing you can try is MoveAnything, but that will just give you only a possibility to move these elements out of the UI, not to be hidden or to be shown upon mouseover.

Thanks, wasn't aware DAB had this functionality. Seems like a very interesting addon. I've been meaning to replace Bongos for a while now anyway.
Henke
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Addons & macros