Spell & Trinket Combination

Spell & Trinket Combination

by Capri » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:10 am

Hello,

Is there a way to combine Bestial Wrath (Beastmaster Hunter ability, 2 min. CD) with Devilsaur Eye (Hunter Trinket, 2 min. CD as well)? I have already tried the macro below but it did not work:

/cast Bestial Wrath
/use Devisaur Eye

P.S. I would be thankful if anyone mentions a command that works like #showtooltip too.

With regards,
Capri
Capri
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Spell & Trinket Combination

by RedBanner » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:57 am

A few things...

Unless one of those doesn't trigger the global cooldown, you won't be able to use them simultaneously. One cooldown trigger per macro.

Second thing is that /cast and /use should require SuperMacro or something similar. In vanilla WoW, the macro API was much different, and uses CastSpellByName("Beastial Wrath") and UseInventoryItem(14). If you have SuperMacro, then ignore this "issue".

The last thing is, sadly, there is no #showtooltip. This was also added later when they changed the way macros were done (can't remember if it was TBC or a little later they added #showtooltip). The closest things you can get are maybe SuperMacros option to replace buttons, which is just going to give you the button for the first thing it finds (Beastial Wrath), and you can add this line to the beginning of the macro:
Code: Select all
/run if 1==0 then cast("Beastial Wrath");end

That should show the cooldown for BW.
Join #macrochat text channel for macro assistance (no sign-up required): Discord.
I'm not a pro, but I love building macros, sharing what I know, and learning more.
RedBanner
Grunt
Grunt

by Dreez » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:40 am

RedBanner wrote:A few things...

Unless one of those doesn't trigger the global cooldown, you won't be able to use them simultaneously. One cooldown trigger per macro.

Second thing is that /cast and /use should require SuperMacro or something similar. In vanilla WoW, the macro API was much different, and uses CastSpellByName("Beastial Wrath") and UseInventoryItem(14). If you have SuperMacro, then ignore this "issue".

The last thing is, sadly, there is no #showtooltip. This was also added later when they changed the way macros were done (can't remember if it was TBC or a little later they added #showtooltip). The closest things you can get are maybe SuperMacros option to replace buttons, which is just going to give you the button for the first thing it finds (Beastial Wrath), and you can add this line to the beginning of the macro:
Code: Select all
/run if 1==0 then cast("Beastial Wrath");end

That should show the cooldown for BW.

Trinkets do not trigger the general GCD

/use requires supermacro, /cast doesn't
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Capri » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks for introducing SuperMacro lads. It did help a lot.
Capri
Grunt
Grunt

by RedBanner » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:23 pm

Dreez wrote:
RedBanner wrote:.../cast and /use should require SuperMacro or something similar.

/use requires supermacro, /cast doesn't

I stand corrected.

I would highly recommend SuperMacro, though. If you plan to use many macros, it will make things a lot easier, and quite a few of the macro lists you'll find on the forums will require it.
Join #macrochat text channel for macro assistance (no sign-up required): Discord.
I'm not a pro, but I love building macros, sharing what I know, and learning more.
RedBanner
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Addons & macros