BigWigs 2laterino

BigWigs 2laterino

by LYQ » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:12 pm

sup guise, just noticed that this was it for nostalrip so I thought I'd finally share what I never really finished.

<Pariah> had been using a BigWigs version where I've spent shitloads of hours for 2months on until GDisband, never finished everything I started and I quit playing so I never came to releasing it to the public.

You'll see a lot of things which you already knew from Sulfuras' Mesmerize BigWigs from Feenix and other stuff from bossmods from later expansions.

Soooo mc&bwl(and partial zg) timers were pretty solid but who cares now, in case there will be another server based on Nostalrius code this might be useful.

I've documented the changes in the seperate readme files and tried to write my changes in a mostly non-technical way for everyone to understand, however you should take a sneak peak in the wiki article on the repository which I've started writing where I describe my view on Boss scripts on when/where how boss timers can work or can not work.
This is especially important if you want to understand timers like Nefarian or Broodlord Lashlayer.

Oh yeah, at least 1/3 of the changes I made were rather core based and not boss-module specific. Especially a couple of changes of triggering combat (few things untested) and sync related stuff

aaaaaanyways, feel free to dig in the code and develop further on whatever server you'll be playing on - chance isn't high that I'll be rolling on any other classic server again. In case you want to continue development on this you might want to exclude contribute.lua :D

https://github.com/MOUZU/BigWigs
LYQ / Virose
Talentsaver (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15429) - Totemtimers Enhanced (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24422)
NostalriusAcceptTrade (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31729)
LYQ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: BigWigs 2laterino

by Frontedge » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:08 am

Thank you, will test it out on our next raid. :)
Frontedge
Grunt
Grunt

by Zilena » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:55 am

good work! :)

<3
Last edited by Zilena on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zilena
Tester

by Erou » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:25 am

Thank you for your work, been using your version for some time now and it really was helpful providing correctly timed information on raid boss encounters. Wish you all the best.
Erou
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by LYQ » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:03 pm

some features will work better the more people in your raid are using my version.

As like I said a lot of changes are sync based.

Eg. the entire counting logic is different for bosses with counting add deaths or razorgore egg.
The sync is different for such, people with older versions will still be able to receive their false result they would've gotten anyways. Users of my version will either receive the "real/perfect" data synched or they don't accept any at all. (eg old Venoxis add counter could reach like 7/4 add kills, by using my version the worst it can get is less kills counted than actually happened. But if enough people use my version you will get perfect data)

and thanks for those who supported me <3
LYQ / Virose
Talentsaver (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15429) - Totemtimers Enhanced (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=24422)
NostalriusAcceptTrade (viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31729)
LYQ
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Addons & macros