[Addon] DebuffTimers

[Addon] DebuffTimers

by Renew » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Hey guys, this is the offical replacement for the old EnemyBuffTimersVanilla UnitFrames Fork!

The new addon is based on aurae by Bit aka shirsig!

Whats new:
- Better detection of timers
- no more fixed timers!
- better UnitFrames integration
- diminishing returns calculation
- rank and talent calculation

Download
Github
Dropbox

Examples:

Default: Image
Discord Frames: Image
Luna Unit Frames: Image
pfUI: Image
xPerl: Image
Last edited by Renew on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
my Addons:
- Vanilla Healing Assignments - /viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23326
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: [Addon] Aurae UnitFrames Fork

by Ravni » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:24 am

I get the following error the first time I cast a spell with a debuff on a target (lock, priest & druid). After that initial error, each and every spell I cast, even un-targeted ones like life tap, will also generate the error.

Interface\AddOns\aurae\aurae.lua:336: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)

I tried using it on a new copy-install with no WTF or WDB folders and no other UI mods installed and I still get the same problem. The old version of aurae works fine for me too, so it's not that. This error does not trigger on insect swarm (presumably because it's not in the debuffs.lua), although I don't get a debuff timer either of course!

I'll try some ham-fisted lua editing (butchering), but I'm probably not smart enough to figure out why it's dividing by zero for me :lol:
Ravni
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ravni » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:52 am

Okay, so I went back to your initial commit from this morning (Init Renew Mod) and that worked like a beauty (thank you so much for doing this, btw!).

It looks like your second-to-last hunter fix is the culprit:

https://github.com/Voidmenull/aurae/com ... 598cddc0cf

- pending[effect] = {target=target, time=GetTime() + (aurae_RANKS[effect] and aurae_DELAYS[effect] or 0)}
+ pending[effect] = {target=target, time=GetTime() + aurae_DELAYS[effect] or 0}
Ravni
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ravni » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:38 am

After playing around with this for a while, I must say that this is just tremendous, bigly even. A truly unprecedented advancement in the vital field of vanilla wow private server debuff timer tracking on unit frames.

The old EnemyBuffTimers were simply far too buggy to be usable imo (no offense!), which only left us with ugly overlay bar mods like aurae/necrosis/dotimer, etc. and those themselves worked very poorly when you were trying to keep track of timers on three or four people that you were kiting with curse of exhaustion or whatever. If you have a character on Nost PvP that would like a gold donation, please let me know :D

Just beautiful.

Ravni
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Renew » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:32 am

ty for the report, i will contact bit to fix this :)

edit: its fixed now
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by surpr » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:27 pm

You can do-canceling diminishing returns, and filter to display only stuns? I need this addon instead Stunwatch. And still a good idea to make changes not only the scale but also the length of the bars. Thank you.
surpr
Tester

by Renew » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:38 pm

surpr wrote:You can do-canceling diminishing returns, and filter to display only stuns? I need this addon instead Stunwatch. And still a good idea to make changes not only the scale but also the length of the bars. Thank you.

as i wrote in my first post, im not the writer of the main addon, i just added the timers on the UnitFrames :)
please post suggestions in https://github.com/shirsig/aurae/issues

or https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... opic=23657
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cipherrr » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Ravni wrote:Okay, so I went back to your initial commit from this morning (Init Renew Mod) and that worked like a beauty (thank you so much for doing this, btw!).

It looks like your second-to-last hunter fix is the culprit:

https://github.com/Voidmenull/aurae/com ... 598cddc0cf

- pending[effect] = {target=target, time=GetTime() + (aurae_RANKS[effect] and aurae_DELAYS[effect] or 0)}
+ pending[effect] = {target=target, time=GetTime() + aurae_DELAYS[effect] or 0}

Hmm. I play a hunter, but I don't understand any of this... Should I be worried? Or should I just install the mod in the OP and go for it? I don't play a druid if that helps lol
Cipherrr
Tester

by Renew » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:19 pm

just install and use, its already been fixed :)
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: [Addon] DebuffTimers

by Renew » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:03 am

BIG UPDATE!

- made the addon standalone and renamed it (you have to use aurae seperate now) - THX Bit for this
- Hunter: added all hunter traps (also for pve)
- Hunter: added hunter sting shots
- Warrior: fixed charge stun
- Warrior: added Thunder Clap, Mocking Blow, Demoralizing Shout, Challenging Shout
- Mages: Added Fireball R12
- Walocks: fixed Spell Lock, Seduction
- Walocks: added Inferno Effect
- fixed rogue stuns and debuffs (like exposed armor)
- added UnitFramesImproved_Vanilla support
- removed timer delay
- fixed bug: doesnt show the same timer multiple times (if more then one of the same debuff is applied)
- added an option to change the textsize of the timer! check out /DebuffTimers !
- added ClickCasting on the debuffs (doesnt work with pfUI and UnitFramesImproved_Vanilla atm)
- note: Spells like winters chill, sunder armor, tainted blood are stack based - seeing their times is propably not what you want :)

pls update your version and delete the old one!
my Addons:
- Vanilla Storyline -
Renew
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Addons & macros