gotmilk0112 wrote:So basically it functions the same way "Spam Report" does in TBC, in that it just kinda temp-ignores the person? Awesome. I no longer have to fill my ignore list with the people spamming guild advertisements.
Is there an easier way to add someone to the ban list? Having to open the addon window, click the button, then click the text field and manually type their name is a tad annoying. Even something like "/st ban" to bring up the ban window immediately would be nice.
It's more complicated than that. You don't have to do anything normally for ads to be filtered. You will see the first one, but ones up to that up to a 'gap interval' later will be removed.
Under the default settings:
- If someone spams something, you'll see the first one. Then 10 minutes later, if they are still spamming it, you'll see it again. It will be gapped this way - seeing each unique message once every 10 minutes.
- This will also be true for /y, /w, and /s messages.
- You won't generally see gold seller spam, ever. The default keywords filter covers those.
- You can explicitly add people to be temp ignored. They will come off that list after a (separately set) interval.
- You can explicitly add keywords that will always be filtered.
So there is a lot of capability to set it to do exactly what you want. If you need help, please feel free to contact me in game (alliance), on either Mopar, Mo, or Moulin. (Sorry, I'm not usually on Horde side here.)