SpamThrottle: Vanilla addon to reduce chat spam

Re: SpamThrottle: Vanilla addon to reduce chat spam

by Mopar » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:14 am

dandoman wrote:There are people not using this Addon cause it is not part of the game. Part of the game is sending Reports, so that the GMs take action here, which is what they are for inter alia.
The more peeps report a Spamer the more it is taken into account.
Repeatedly behaviour leads to extended punishments and more important this way helps all players getting confronted with them.

If you want to see the gold spammers to report them, just remove those keywords from your list. The keyword list is configurable. Use /st or /spamthrottle to edit it.

The intent of this addon is to reduce the quantity of messages that go across your screen, by eliminating things you do not wish to see. With less trash it's easier to pick up the things you DO want to see. If you are level 10 and someone is spamming every 15 seconds a "LFM scholo" or "WTS blah-high-level-item" message, it will be irrelevant to you. This addon makes it so you see that message once, not every 15 seconds. That is in fact it's main purpose.

The person sending these types of messages is doing nothing wrong and shouldn't be reported.

Thanks for the bump though!
The pizza level in my bloodstream is dangerously low.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mopar » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am

Shameless bump.

The current version of SpamThrottle (1.5) has a default keyword filter that means you do not see any gold spam. Personally, i really like that. And I think gold sellers hate it - i watched them try to get around the filter with modifications.

But its main purpose is to remove repeated messages, which is seeming to become more of a problem, and you can put people on an ignore list built into the addon.

Hoping this is useful to folks! And let me know of any further ideas.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pirwzy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:52 am

I love that you have it already blocking the legendary item links, too. That made the Barrens much more bearable.
Pirwzy
Private
Private

by Mopar » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:22 pm

OMG i've dropped to the 2nd page! We can't have that, now can we.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Statikk » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:40 am

This is easily my favorite addon! Thank you so much for adding whitelist functionality!!
Statikk
Grunt
Grunt

by Mopar » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:35 am

I'm working on the other suggestions you had as well, so stay tuned.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Mopar » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:42 am

SpamThrottle 1.6 is released, and available at the GitHub location in the first post in this thread. Here are the changes:

1. I've made the duplicate message filter an option, because there is now so much other functionality in SpamThrottle. This gives the user more choice in what they want to see or not see. If the "Remove duplicated message" option is NOT ticked, then you will see duplicate messages.

2. Made /y (yell) flitering an option. You can turn on or off this filtering now. Feature suggested by Statikk.

3. Added the ability to white list channels. The idea here is that if your guild has a channel, you can specify the name of the channel and no filtering will occur. The channel names work like keywords; e.g. if you are in <Nope> and don't want to filter any <Nope> channels, and they all have the word "Nope" in them, you could specify a whitelist of "Nope" and no channel that contains that string will be filtered.

4. Added a couple more gold seller sites into the default keyword list.

5. Added in code so that pressing Escape will dismiss the options menu. Also, tabbing will tab between the three new edit boxes for channel white list.

6. Fixed a few bugs I found for /s and /w filtering.

Please let me know if you find any bugs.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by WhistlerWCT » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:43 am

Hello Mopar.

Could you consider adding functionality to filter channel join and leave messages?
Currently i'm using NoJoinLeaveSpam for this purpose (if you need i can provide addon, it's very smal and simple code).
I think it'd be nice to have single complete anti spam solution.
Thank you for your work regardless of your decision.
WhistlerWCT
Grunt
Grunt

by Mopar » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:54 am

This is already in SpamThrottle.
Type in /st, and check the item "Control message block for chat channels."

This has actually been in the addon for a long time (pre-Nost) but recently I changed this default to be off, since there are cases where you would want to know this info.

So let me know if that does not solve your issue. If it isn't working, then it's a bug and I'd like to know about it.
Mopar
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Santana » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:30 am

This addon isn't working. The filtered keywords do nothing (still see gold messages) and then banning the gold sellers still does nothing; I see all their messages.

I have Prat installed. Is that causing a conflict?
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros