Essential Addons; posted individually

Re: Essential Addons; posted individually

by Demeroth » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:55 am

gazi05 wrote:Link it! :D

Vanilla Guide project site

It's not automated like TBC and newer leveling guides but you can add keybindings (I personaly use NUM 0 for on/off, and NUM 1 & 2 for previous/next step).

Cheers!
Demeroth
Private
Private

by Demeroth » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:58 am

Terrub wrote:I can offer you my own addon Samuel: https://github.com/Terrub/Samuel
I made it initially to assist with timing slams on my 2h fury warrior. It's open source so go ahead and tinker with it, I wouldn't mind to get more feedback on it, and I may well intend to improve upon it, though it seems really stable at the moment.

Can you show screens of it? ;)
Demeroth
Private
Private

by Terrub » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Here's a better look at the addon. I've had to improvise to get screenshots as I didn't have any, hope it helps:

An overview of the currently available slashcommands.
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_slashCommands.jpg
Overview of slashcommands
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_slashCommands.jpg (70.94 KiB) Viewed 58468 times

The addon in action, out of the box.
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_actionShot_midSwing_without_slamMarker.jpg
Standard look, out of the box.
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_actionShot_midSwing_without_slamMarker.jpg (73.98 KiB) Viewed 58467 times

You can add a red slam marker to give an estimate of when to start casting Slam so that the cast time overlaps with the white hit. Not sure if this is a bug on other servers or "Working as intended" but as said, I made this addon to assist me in exploiting this 'feature' after I discovered it on other servers I've played on. Despite it, the addon works fine as a swingtimer addon.
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_actionShot_midSwing_with_slamMarker.jpg
A red slam-marker can be added that shows when to slam.
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_actionShot_midSwing_with_slamMarker.jpg (79.08 KiB) Viewed 58467 times

Please note:
  • You need to re-equip your weapon once per character after you install the addon.
  • I cannot guarantee this will work with Hunter's autoshoot, it should however work for auto-attack like any other class.
  • I cannot guarantee this wil work with wanding either. It should work, but I haven't had the chance to test it during the PVP nor PVE test sessions due to very limited time on my part. =(

If you have any questions or bugs please let me know. If there's enough interest in my addons I'll look for a way to gather feedback more efficiently. As it is now I somewhat doubt many people will use it.
Terrub
Private
Private

by Aquane » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:28 pm

Terrub wrote:Here's a better look at the addon. I've had to improvise to get screenshots as I didn't have any, hope it helps:

An overview of the currently available slashcommands.
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_slashCommands.jpg

The addon in action, out of the box.
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_actionShot_midSwing_without_slamMarker.jpg

You can add a red slam marker to give an estimate of when to start casting Slam so that the cast time overlaps with the white hit. Not sure if this is a bug on other servers or "Working as intended" but as said, I made this addon to assist me in exploiting this 'feature' after I discovered it on other servers I've played on. Despite it, the addon works fine as a swingtimer addon.
Prt_Scrn_Samuel_actionShot_midSwing_with_slamMarker.jpg

Please note:
  • You need to re-equip your weapon once per character after you install the addon.
  • I cannot guarantee this will work with Hunter's autoshoot, it should however work for auto-attack like any other class.
  • I cannot guarantee this wil work with wanding either. It should work, but I haven't had the chance to test it during the PVP nor PVE test sessions due to very limited time on my part. =(

If you have any questions or bugs please let me know. If there's enough interest in my addons I'll look for a way to gather feedback more efficiently. As it is now I somewhat doubt many people will use it.

I want you to change the addon so that it works with Flurry and other temporary attack speed-modifying effects, such as Fishliver Oil or whatever; currently the way it works with it is on the hit you proc flurry, the timer doesn't realize it until the hastened hit goes off, then on the hit after flurry wears off, it acts like flurry is still up until the hit after that.
I also want you to add an option to ignore the offhand if dual-wielding
EDIT: removed the third request and PMed you for it instead; I understand that my wording wasn't exactly good enough to understand
Last edited by Aquane on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Terrub » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Fry is not sure if trolling;
or just unintentionally insensitive wording.

So first things first: This is a long post, TL;DR friendly version at the bottom.

The addon is the best I could offer, with my current means, to satisfy your request for a swingtimer. I don't mind answering a few questions and if people find breaking bugs, I'll have a look at fixing them. But I hardly have time to test the actual game itself, let alone dig up old code, build tests and write logic for features I do not intend to use myself. And when I speak of old code I do not mean my own, mind you. I'm talking about the WoW API itself, which was rather lacking and poorly documented back then when it was relevant for retail. What is left of that documentation seems to now be fractured across the web and what I do manage to dig up seems to be inaccurate or incomplete in too many cases to make it reliable.

However, if personal reasons, to invest more time and effort in expanding upon my addons for public use, become apparent, I will definitely see what I can do.

As it stands:

Aquane wrote:I want you to change the addon so that it works with Flurry and other temporary attack speed-modifying effects, such as Fishliver Oil or whatever; currently the way it works with it is on the hit you proc flurry, the timer doesn't realize it until the hastened hit goes off, then on the hit after flurry wears off, it acts like flurry is still up until the hit after that.

I cannot blame those who see this as a bug on my end, but sadly I wish it was that simple. It would mean I could fix it myself.
The Event system on the servers I've played on have taught me (through experimentation and observation) that the client itself is not consistent in the order of changing your swing speed and letting addons know about the change. I have in fact tinkered with the order of this myself back and forth on several occasions. (As a fury 2h slam warrior it was somewhat important for me as well.) It seems to require more factors than I'm willing to identify in a 'light-weight' addon. The swing timer is fairly accurante despite it and I have used it to great effect in the past.

So, if the server goes live, and I have the time to delve into this, and the logic behind the calculations can be mapped consistently, and I don't need a complicated algorithm to determine a multitude of factors to determine whether this time the speed updates this swing or next swing, then I'll probably look into fixing this for myself. Once I'm happy with my results I'll update my Github and look for a way to make it known that I have.
Don't expect this to be 'fixed' any time soon though.

Aquane wrote:I also want you to add an option to ignore the offhand if dual-wielding

I thought about this, and this should be possible I think. I'll put it on the to-do list should I get around to expanding it. Thank you for your suggestion.

Aquane wrote:I also want you to change it so you can set the marker to anywhere on the bar you wish, such as at .9 into the timer on a 3.9 speed weapon, or 1.5 seconds into the timer on a 3.5 speed weapon

I'm unsure what you mean. If you change the start position of the marker in your example, does the end position of the marker change with it? And if not, does that mean you wish to be able to change the end position as well? By implication: does that mean that you wish to be potentially able to move the marker off of the swing timer bar entirely? Perhaps a use-case or scenario would help me with determine the hidden feature you are hinting at. If you insist on this feature I'd suggest you PM me. Samuel is derailing this topic enough as it is.

TL;DR - version:
Addon is presented: "AS IS".
Demand 1: Noted but not easily fixed, if at all possible.
Demand 2: Noted.
Demand 3: PM me what you actually want.
Terrub
Private
Private

by Struckd » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:06 pm

This is just a short complied list of addons which will help the accessibility and usability of WoW, and just adds a few adjustments to reduce annoyances as you travel around Azeroth.

Note, this list includes addons which enchances the user experience, so full UI overhaul mods (like XPerl), raid assist mods, class-specific mods or just general addons like Auctioneer, KLM Threatmeter and QuestHelper are not included in this list.

If you have had personal experience with an addon that meets the criteria I have stated above, please let me know about it and i'll add it to the list.

All these addons (and every addon for 1.12) are located online on two google drives:
Google Drive 1 - Addons for 1.12.1

Google Drive 2 - Addons for 1.12.1

They are listed alphabetically for easy navigation and you can view every addon individually to pick them out and download with ease.

These addons are for 1.12 and are probably the devs first attempt/first concept of the mod...so they are likely to be a little bit incomplete compared to their newer versions for expansions. The ones in the list however are quite stable and are known to work properly.

Some of these mods will require you to check the "Load Out-of-Date Addons" in the addon interface menu on the character section screen. If you find that a particular mod requires another mod to run, you can easily find that required mod on the google drives as well.

Atlas

Atlas is an addon for World of Warcraft that includes detailed maps for every instance in the game. Furthermore, Atlas provides detailed and accurate information about all of the creatures, NPCs, objects, and events you'll encounter in each dungeon. General information about each zone is provided as well, including its location, level range, player limit, attenuation requirement, and associated faction. All entrances, exits, portals, and connections are labelled clearly. Finally, in addition to instances, Atlas comes with a handful of optional components that add even more maps. These include outdoor encounter maps, global transportation maps, dungeon location maps, and battleground maps. A number of third-party Atlas extensions are available as well, which further augment the functionality of Atlas. AtlasLoot is the most popular of these, providing detailed drop and item information for every encounter.

Atlas Loot

AtlasLoot is an UI mod allowing for loot tables of bosses to be browsed whenever needed within the game. It can access full item tooltips, show drop rates, allow items to be chat linked and to use the dressing room. AtlasLoot allows players to view all items that are currently attainable in game. In order to view the tooltips of a specific item at least one player on your World off Warcraft server must have seen the item drop of its perspective Dungeon Boss. Items will not be added to your in-game library until they are made available for acquisition.

Bartender 2

Bartender is a full ActionBar replacement mod. It provides you with all the features needed to fully customization most aspects of your action and related bars

It is also a requirement for a few full UI overhaul addons as well.

Cartographer

Cartographer is a modular, lightweight, and efficient framework for manipulation of the world map.

I use this mod to display co-ordinates on the world map. It also provides level ranges for each area and what dungeons they contain if you zoom out to the continental view of the map.

Clique

Clique is a simple addon that enables powerful click-casting and hover-casting on your unit frames and in the 3D game world. You can bind virtually any mouse or keyboard combination to a spell or macro. In it's normal configuration this enables you to use the bindings over your unit frames in order to cast spells directly on that unit. This allows you to more quickly select both the spell to cast, and the target of the spell without requiring an extra click.

Binding a spell is just a matter of finding the spell in your spellbook, putting your mouse over it, and performing the binding you would like to add. For example, if you'd like to set 'Regrowth' to activate on 'Shift-LeftButton', then you just find that spell in your spellbook and then Shift-LeftClick on it. You can also bind keyboard combinations, so you could do the same with Shift-R if you'd like.

I personally haven't used this addon to its full extent, but it does work well. If you are willing to put some time into your keybinds, this because a very powerful addon that will give you a slight edge.

CTMod

CTMod is a custom user interface for World of Warcraft that adds tools ranging from the most basic functionality enhancements to advanced gameplay features, based on what the user needs. CTMod is the umbrella term to many different independant mods that enhance your user experience. It has something for everyone, however, they two most useful mods, i find, under the CT umbrella are listed below.

CT_MailMod

This is a mandatory mod if you wish to send items in bulk to a single character. In Vanilla WoW, you are only able to send one mail, with one item, at a time, which can be an extreme pain if you enjoy playing the auction house or have crafting alts. This gives you an ability which took Blizzard a few expansions to implement into their default UI.

ElkBuffBars

This replaces the, in my opinion, small, annoying buff icons with a movable list of all buffs and debuffs that you have, with duration timer bar, so you can easily see when a buff or debuff will end.

EnhTooltip

EnhTooltip is a tooltip library that supports both embedded (integrated into an existing tooltip object) and separate (its own tooltip attached to an existing tooltip) data to be printed to an on-screen tooltip. EnhTooltip also supports money objects on each line. EnhTooltip is also a LoadOnDemand AddOn based on Stubby, so it goes well with other LoadOnDemand AddOns.

On its own. It does not do much except add the vendor price of the item on the tooltip. However, alongside the addons that are highlighted in the picture above, it can display some very detailed information, on any item.

EquipCompare

When you shop for items at a vendor or the Auction House and you hover over an item, you get a comparison tooltip showing the "currently equipped" item too. This AddOn adds such a feature everywhere in the game where you can hover over items, such as in your bags, in the loot window or on the reward page of a quest. You also receive comparison tooltips when clicking an item link in the chat box.

MoveAnything

MoveAnything enables you to move, scale, hide and adjust transparency of just about any screen element in WoW, offering tools to help you customize your UI.

I find this addon helps alot since some UI mods, or just any mod in general can do weird things to your UI. I found this mod because my little durability man went missing...it seems to hid behind the default action bars or minimap when you are using some mods, this mod help bring him back.

It takes a while to get the hang of, and can be quite fiddly. It is easy enough to work out and once you do, you can easily customise the default Blizzard UI to your hearts content

oCB2

Otravi Casting Bar is an alternate casting bar addon, written by Otravi, and originally release in early '06. It is a simple replacement without too many options or settings. Should you want to move it from it's default middle-screen placement, simply drag it out of the way. Great looking mod.

I mainly added this mod to the list for its looks...the movable functionality can easily be achieved with the MoveAnything mod. If you wish look at a different casting bar this time around, this is a good-looking option in my opinion

OneBag

OneBag is a replacement for the default game bags that combines all the bags into one frame. There are already addons out there that do this, so why OneBag? Mainly because the author wanted a simpler, more system-friendly bag. OneBag doesn't entirely rewrite the bag-handling interface like others do. It simply rearranges the bags into one and allows the default UI to continue managing the bag slots

TitanPanel

Like CTMod, TitanPanel is an umbrella term for a whole list of available addons which you can choose from. However, unlike CTMod, TitanPanel just adds a thin panel, which you can place anywhere at the edges of your screen and displays extra information if you downloaded the corresponding mod for it.

This information can include: the time, durability and the cost of repair, your current coordinates and location, the amount of gold you have on a character or the whole account, latency, bag space, xp rate and estimate time to level, and much more.

On the screenshot, Titanpanel is displayed ontop of the players UI.

Xloot

A remake of the built-in lootframe.

XLoot is one of those addons that people will see on screenshots and ask "ooh, what is that?" Essentially, it makes your loot frames much prettier, and somewhat more informative. You can see the default configuration in the screenshot.

I downloaded this thinking that it also enabled autoloot (without the need to hold the shift key). I soon learnt that it didn't do that but it was informative nonetheless.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note: I take the credit for compling the list of addons you see here. However most of the explanations for each addon I have taken from different sources across the net.

My sources include: http://www.wow-one.com, http://dwarvenoverlords.enjin.com, http://www.wowinterface.com,

Edit: Sorry for the image heavy post...didn't realise how large the images will appear, they didn't seem that big in preview XD
Struckd
Grunt
Grunt

by Thrashing » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:14 pm

In case you want to find a specific AddOn and dislike downloading packs of combined AddOns, like myself, give this webside of an ex-guildie of mine a try:

http://addons.biti.lv/
Thrashing
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:33 pm

This is the best topic ever. Thanks so much to everyone contributing.

Here's a great overall UI addon for those who might not be bothered with tampering or mixing too many addons, this is a really solid UI pack overall for people new to addons. (It's also just a fantastic looking UI even for those very experienced with addons, who might not be aware of this one.)

Doc UI

Unfortunately the wow-one pages seem to be down at the moment. So if anyone has the mediafire link itself or something to this addon, let me know so I can edit this post.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Viper » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:03 am

Very usefull topic.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator