[Job Opening] AddOn improvement

Re: [Job Opening] AddOn improvement

by Falls » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:56 am

As you can see atm im struggling with the name plate info, the buff location and everything is correct just not the name next to it, tooltip and removing buff works all correctly. i just need to find how and where this information is gathered. Since most the WOW API which is used to handle buffs in vanilla, is removed in later patchs; im struggling finding the function used to get this information. I'm also worried how performance efficient my implementation is.

I have yet to look at how the weapon enchant and buff AddOns work together, but im starting to feel like i wont be able to unify them into one list and sort it.

Ill keep cracking on, i hope to atleast beable to sort and display correctly, even if item and buff are seperate. If i cant unify them without massive rewrite, im going to leave it there.

This is actually a really good learning project, still dont understand how something end up doing what they do. I'll put in another update sometime.
Falls
Private
Private

by modernist » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Falls wrote:Image

As you can see atm im struggling with the name plate info, the buff location and everything is correct just not the name next to it, tooltip and removing buff works all correctly. i just need to find how and where this information is gathered. Since most the WOW API which is used to handle buffs in vanilla, is removed in later patchs; im struggling finding the function used to get this information. I'm also worried how performance efficient my implementation is.

I have yet to look at how the weapon enchant and buff AddOns work together, but im starting to feel like i wont be able to unify them into one list and sort it.

Ill keep cracking on, i hope to atleast beable to sort and display correctly, even if item and buff are seperate. If i cant unify them without massive rewrite, im going to leave it there.

This is actually a really good learning project, still dont understand how something end up doing what they do. I'll put in another update sometime.

if it helps: wow source code for 1.12 is available in full here: https://github.com/tekkub/wow-ui-source/tree/1.12.1
modernist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Falls » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Thanks modernist, that will be a great help.

BTW youfie, you should of put a link to scamp's(AeroScripts) github on the first post. Would of been a good place to start and saved some time, even though i ended up doing something different(maybe why i got so many bugs :D).

I'm going to stop work on this for a bit, since i need to learn more about WoW UI. If anyone wants to continue the work, and wants to see what i got so far:
http://www.filedropper.com/ctbuffmod

I add some comments, main problem atm is issue with UI updating properly. It works fine but when it comes down to switching the buffs around if u recast, the display doesn't properly change the info. Only been working on the buffmod not the item mod.

I'll let you know when i mean to continue.
Falls
Private
Private

by Youfie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:24 pm

Thank you a lot for your work, hopefully someone can finish it :).

Regarding Aero Scripts link or whatever it is, I have no idea what it is :3.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Falls » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:26 pm

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=823&start=40#p57837

Scamp's code, AeroScripts is his name on GitHub. I found it from a google search, since i must of missed his posts whit all the pages already posted on the topic.
Falls
Private
Private

by Youfie » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:32 pm

Okay, quote added in the first post :)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:44 am

Bump :).

Any news from anyone? :(
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:32 am

Just another desperate bump, I believe in miracles :D.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Vymen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:48 pm

I haven't read any post but I'm interested in this.
The only things that needs to be done is still the sorting thing right?
Vymen
Tester

by Youfie » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:25 am

Yeah, it's the sorting. It's not the only thing "left" to be done since it's basically the only thing I need x).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros