[Job Opening] AddOn improvement

Re: [Job Opening] AddOn improvement

by Kiah » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:29 am

Kill wrote:Tasks to come:
- Fix Bugs (some minor ones, like coloring stuff and more serious ones)
- Clean Code
- release test version here
- more bug fixes and MORE RESOURCEFUL implementation, not very good right now
- alignment with distances between itembuffs/buffs/debuffs according to request.
- commentary in code

Thanks for including comments in the code. I've programmed in LUA, but haven't ever really tried messing with WoW addons. Are there good resources for developers specific to 1.12.1? I appreciate your contribution.
Kiah
Private
Private

by Youfie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:33 am

Bump :'(
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:24 pm

Sadly, Kill seems to be unable to finish his work. So if anyone is willing to help, they're welcome :D.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Youfie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:40 pm

I've lost faith, but bump :(
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by rotten » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:54 pm

PLESE get grid enhanced to properly adjust opacity of frames for players out of range and also get a working incoming heal feature for it as well!! I will love you for life!
rotten
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Scamp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:49 am

Has anyone had any luck with the original sorting issue in the OP? It should be possible to do using a standard table sort (I've already got one of those working in questie.) If it's still unsolved I could take a look.
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:06 am

Scamp wrote:Has anyone had any luck with the original sorting issue in the OP? It should be possible to do using a standard table sort (I've already got one of those working in questie.) If it's still unsolved I could take a look.

Kill almost made the AddOn perfect apparently (see his videos), he just never posted his work for some reason :(.

So yeah, you're welcome to give it a try ;)
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Scamp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:37 am

Youfie wrote:
Scamp wrote:Has anyone had any luck with the original sorting issue in the OP? It should be possible to do using a standard table sort (I've already got one of those working in questie.) If it's still unsolved I could take a look.

Kill almost made the AddOn perfect apparently (see his videos), he just never posted his work for some reason :(.

So yeah, you're welcome to give it a try ;)

What a card.

Well, I've gotten it to sort the buffs how you wanted. It's not as efficient as it could be, but it does work well.

Here's the release https://github.com/AeroScripts/CT_BuffMod_Sorted/releases/tag/v0.1 (It's all up on github -- why write code if you're just going to let it rot away on your HDD)

For anyone interested in the core of what I added, here's the sort function, It's pretty simple:
Code: Select all
-- index b is isDebuff
-- index d is time remaining
function AE_CT_DURATIONSORT(a, b)
   if not (a['b'] == b['b']) then -- one is a buff, one is a debuff
      if a['b'] == 1 then
         return false; -- buffs before debuffs
      else
         return true;
      end
   end
   return a['d'] > b['d']; -- they are the same so compare by remaining time
end
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:00 pm

Hey Scamp,

Thanks a lot you for your help buddy :).

I just tested your work. Sadly, it doesn't work for me, it just causes the AddOn to show only one buff / debuff in addition to my weapon poisons :/. And it's non even sorted since it is shown above them whatever its duration is.

Thank you anyway for your help, please tell me if you need help about testing or whatever :).

EDIT : actually a SW:P just overlaped one of my weapon's poison frame. But it only did for a certain amount of time, and came back to being on top of it when it had only a few seconds left. Weird.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Scamp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Damn, it was working perfectly last night when I committed it, mind posting a screenshot/listing the other mods you're using? I'll see if I can get it working
Scamp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Addons & macros