(ADDONS) I seek your help, friends!

(ADDONS) I seek your help, friends!

by adriano20 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:04 am

I haven't been playing wow for MANY years.
My friend told me about this project and I am HYPED!
So I have downloaded the client and has been playing abit on a instant 60 server just to get the feels and addons worked out for the launchday of this upcomming server.

Therefor I ask you, my beloved siblings to aid me finding some addons;

A simple cast bar (Where I can see the enemies cast spells, when I have them on target)

A addon so I can see how much health my fellow companions and other enemies health + mana that works along with STANDARD wow frames. (I tried xpearl, didn't like) I really really want to keep the standard frames.

A CC watcher, for example if I cast a kidney shot, there will appear a countdown for when it will go away.

Something so I can see ALL buffs on a target (it only shows 5-6 without) even thou they have 10+ buffs.
+
So I can see how long that buff lasts, if I cast a stamina buff, a regrowth or whatever.

Also, i'd rly love a CD watcher, if there is such thing; So I can keep track of my enemies fear cooldown etc.

A simple focus frame(just like the standard ones) I knew about this in TBC, you could target one and write /focus and there you had it; an extra frame which would not go away unless they ran a such long distance so I could not see them nomore.

Item comparing; I remember something when you held you're mouse above a item(let's say a quest reward?) I could see the differences with the stats of that item and the one I was wearing.

A really nice and helpfull Quest Helper.

Instead of the standard scrolling combat text i'd like one that is ALLMOST the same as the standard, just that it provides additional features

Something that shows a number upon my own spells in my action bars that shows the exact cooldown time.

If you can help me with the exact name and version of these addons I will be truly gratefull and I want to show that too you by giving you ingame golds, when I hit 60. (My plan is to start farming like crazy 24/7)
Aaaand as you might can read on the addons I want, I am a huuugeee fan of PVP - so if you know about some that I have not mentioned. Please do tell!

- An old old old HYPED veteran highend vanilla player.
adriano20
Private
Private

Re: (ADDONS) I seek your help, friends!

by Youfie » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:40 pm

adriano20 wrote:A simple cast bar (Where I can see the enemies cast spells, when I have them on target)

Natur Enemy Cast Bar, aka NECB, does this, as well as monitoring a few PvE boss buffs, some debuffs (your sheep and some stuns I think).

Antagonist does this too, in a far better way in my opinion. It shows enemy cast bar, CD and cooldowns, must have for PvP.

adriano20 wrote:A addon so I can see how much health my fellow companions and other enemies health + mana that works along with STANDARD wow frames. (I tried xpearl, didn't like) I really really want to keep the standard frames.

Just use MobHealth3. It's fully compatible with many Unit Frames AddOns, and the standard frame too if I recall correctly. Just keep in mind that in 1.12, you can't see enemy health, even with an addon (only mana). MobHealth will estimate your target's health, based on the percentage lost when you dealt X damage. On many private server this feature is not properly scripted and the servers just sends the data to the AddOns - this is not the case on Nostalrius.

adriano20 wrote:A CC watcher, for example if I cast a kidney shot, there will appear a countdown for when it will go away.

CC Watch or Stunwatch are fine. If you play Warlock or Priest, you have to use DoTimer though, better in many ways that I won't detail here :). Same goes if you're a Druid, then use Count Moon.

adriano20 wrote:Something so I can see ALL buffs on a target (it only shows 5-6 without) even thou they have 10+ buffs.
+
So I can see how long that buff lasts, if I cast a stamina buff, a regrowth or whatever.

I don't have any particular idea. Some UF AddOns allow you to customize how your target buffs / debuffs are displayed, that might do the trick.
I think there are some healer AddOns that could do what you're looking for too, i.e. just showing the duration of your hots, right ? I never played as a healer, maybe someone more experienced in that matter could answer you for that part :).

adriano20 wrote:Also, i'd rly love a CD watcher, if there is such thing; So I can keep track of my enemies fear cooldown etc.

Cf. earlier, Antagonist :).

adriano20 wrote:A simple focus frame(just like the standard ones) I knew about this in TBC, you could target one and write /focus and there you had it; an extra frame which would not go away unless they ran a such long distance so I could not see them nomore.

This does NOT exist in 1.12. There is no such things as focus, and thus no AddOn handling it.
You do have some complex macros scripts that allow you do kinda memorize a target and re-target it easily, but that's pretty much about it.

adriano20 wrote:Item comparing; I remember something when you held you're mouse above a item(let's say a quest reward?) I could see the differences with the stats of that item and the one I was wearing.

EquipCompare ;)

adriano20 wrote:A really nice and helpfull Quest Helper.

I don't really know :).

adriano20 wrote:Instead of the standard scrolling combat text i'd like one that is ALLMOST the same as the standard, just that it provides additional features

The standard combat text is so ugly you don't want to use it, or anything that looks almost like it, this is madness :D.
Try using Scrolling Combat Text (SCT), I think that's basically the only scrolling addon doing this as of vanilla.

adriano20 wrote:Something that shows a number upon my own spells in my action bars that shows the exact cooldown time.

Omnicc.

All the AddOns above can be downloaded here
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Malkore » Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 am

Natur Enemy Cast Bar, aka NECB, does this, as well as monitoring a few PvE boss buffs, some debuffs (your sheep and some stuns I think).

Antagonist does this too, in a far better way in my opinion. It shows enemy cast bar, CD and cooldowns, must have for PvP.

Can you post a download link for this addon please? :D
Malkore
Grunt
Grunt

by Dreez » Sun May 10, 2015 10:56 am

Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Dreez » Sun May 10, 2015 10:59 am

Youfie wrote:
adriano20 wrote:A simple focus frame(just like the standard ones) I knew about this in TBC, you could target one and write /focus and there you had it; an extra frame which would not go away unless they ran a such long distance so I could not see them nomore.

This does NOT exist in 1.12. There is no such things as focus, and thus no AddOn handling it.
You do have some complex macros scripts that allow you do kinda memorize a target and re-target it easily, but that's pretty much about it.

Code: Select all
/script t=Tg1 or""c=IsControlKeyDown()if(c)then t=UnitName("target")or""else TargetByName(t)if(IsShiftKeyDown())then CastSpellByName('Counterspell')end end ChatFrame1:AddMessage("######## "..(c and("Tg1 set to: "..t)or("Targeting: "..t)))Tg1=t

on ctrl: remembers the target by name
without modifier: targets the memorized name
with shift: casts counterspell on the memorized target

you can obviously switch around all mods / spell names
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Ourk » Sun May 10, 2015 3:39 pm

Hello and welcome :D

Try this: http://addons.us.to/addon/classicfocus
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jerryy » Tue May 12, 2015 11:54 am

Hi,

I can solve your problem.. Useful links you are sharing.. Great thanks..
Jerryy
Tester

Return to Addons & macros