Cerina -- Alliance Ban Appeal

Re: Cerina -- Alliance Ban Appeal

by Segen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:38 pm

I've seen people get lesser punishments for worse offenses. How can u go straight to a permanent ban for THAT?? no warning or temp ban just straight to permanently ban? That's horse shit for lack of a better term. I know Cerina recognizes that what he did was wrong and in 200% sure he won't do it again but it's not like this guy is some level 20 noob asshole trying to make a thousand gold an hour and break the in-game economy. This guy has put in more effort into this server than most other peoplease I can speak for, just weeks away from Grand Marshall, a raider in one of Nost's best pve guilds, and an all-around good guy. I do hope the mods care a little bit more and try to see this as a Human Being who made a mistake and is willing to compromise for a lesser punishment.

Seriously Nost, we love your server, for all of us in this guild this has been our lives for the last 5 months. Please show some heart and re consider.
Segen
Private
Private

by Plask » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:41 pm

My guildmate got banned aswell at the same time as the GM tried to extort him: http://imgur.com/a/bq05w

It seems like this is a huge joke.

Whatever confidence the Nost GM team has built up is crumbling.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Segen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam, insults
Segen
Private
Private

by Plask » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Segen wrote:Off-topic

Pottu stop editing everyones posts. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions. The thread is not gonna look better just because you censor half the posts as "spam/insults".
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:53 pm

Posters still need to follow our forum rules. Posting off-topic content and/or spamming insults will get their posts edited. You might notice that I have not touched any of the posts that actually discuss the issue, even if their tone is heated.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Casieqt » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:53 pm

some trialgm detected?
After looking into your case, I can only say that you're a very naughty boy. - #Pottu 2016
Casieqt
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Plask » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:57 pm

Pottu wrote:Posters still need to follow our forum rules. Posting off-topic content and/or spamming insults will get their posts edited. You might notice that I have not touched any of the posts that actually discuss the issue, even if their tone is heated.

Sorry I don't, the posts that are marked as "insult/spam" got edited before anyone could even read them. I guess it's another one of those things that are "obvious". Just like everyone that gets banned for abusing "obvious" bugs.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Michaelfox » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:58 pm

This is another case of GM favouritism, this is hardly a major in game bug this is no worse then all the players who got exalted with AV in 2 days, you guys said that was exploiting a major bug and handed out special one week bans.you need to offer the one week ban. Stop playing favorited to the elite guilds.
Michaelfox
Tester

by Plask » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Michaelfox wrote:This is another case of GM favouritism, this is hardly a major in game bug this is no worse then all the players who got exalted with AV in 2 days, you guys said that was exploiting a major bug and handed out special one week bans.you need to offer the one week ban. Stop playing favorited to the elite guilds.

But there is a difference betwen "Exploiting a major bug" and "Major exploit E"! "It's all in the ToS"....
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Aniva » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Pottu wrote:
E - Permanent ban.: Most serious sanction. Permanent bans are rare but definitive. This sanction is applied in case of multiple violations of the rules, or after multiple account interruption, as well as any of the following:

Examples:

Hacking;
Using any botting program;
Abuse of major in-game bugs;
Possession of any item(s) obtained with illegal methods;
Any client modification (libraries, executables, MPQ, etc.);
Revealing the identity of a Nostalrius Begins staff member;
Advertising for other private servers or gold selling websites;
Selling/Buying accounts, gold, items or any ingame services with real money;
Publishing a software, methods or articles on cheating which can be applied on the server.

Why did none of you report that the vendors were spawning very quickly? Just one player made a ticket about it. You can use common sense instead of being greedy. If something seems to be too good to be true - like a herb vendor whose inventory respawns every 2 minutes - you should make a ticket and ask a GM about it. Instead you chose to exploit this major bug and make a nice profit on the side.

We have banned bug exploiters before and will continue to do so in the future. If you are unsure of something being a bug, make a ticket and ask us about it, instead of exploiting it.

All this is telling me is you let known AV exploiters get off with a week. Who tested the server who with held info so that they could take advantage only a week ban. Cerina not knowing this was a problem getting perm ban for buying from a vendor you deemed as "working as intended". Yeah to good to be true I see your point and agree should have been reported. But you don't know the intent he's not trying to ruin the server he plays on for hours at a time. He wanted to make gold who doesn't? I'm not Saying he shouldn't get some type of ban a week ,two? But not forever because of one mistake please reconsider punishment.
60 Druid-Aniva
60 Warrior-Frogsauce
Aniva
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Account issues