Account IS ban and need a big favor plz read GM.

Account IS ban and need a big favor plz read GM.

by onlysim » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:40 am

Dear, GM.

Today, I login to two of my account and was doing some quest using two character.

Yes, this is something I absolutely violet the term of condition and has no excuse for that.

But, I checked the T.O.C and says that I should get one warring before I get banned but I never had any first time warring as far as I remember.

Though, it is possible that my bro had one time warring before and never let me know about that to me...

But anyways, i think it is too harsh to have both of my account being ban...I hope you could open one of my account back...specially account name: "onlysim"

If this is not possible..ok ... is fine it was 100% my fault to played like that...but the real problem is that one of my account has a GM character of the guild...so considering the future of my guild, this is not going to be good.

So, now I really hoping that if you could least transfer the GM leader to one of my guild member...so we can still promote members in the future. If not we have to open a new guild since there are only 2~3 officer out of 300 guild member and if they stop playing, our guild has no choice but to close and open a new one.

Again, I really hope this never had happen...I know that is my fault 100% but please give me a chance to transfer the GM leader to one of our member.

Account name: EDITED...., GM Character is "Vetmaster"

Thank you reading and I hope something good happen.

-Vet,
onlysim
Tester

Re: Account IS ban and need a big favor plz read GM.

by Ohr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:55 am

The little brother strikes again. The quote in my signature might help you solve your problems.
Ohr
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Memegank » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Ohr wrote:The little brother strikes again. The quote in my signature might help you solve your problems.

Perhaps they need move multiboxing out of "D - Last warning" and into the "E - Permanent ban" category in the terms of use if they are going to permanently ban first time offenders of multiboxing. It is a little misleading, don't you think?
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ohr » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Perhaps people need to stop thinking that they can multibox until they get a warning with zero risk, don't you think?
Ohr
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Memegank » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:51 pm

If that is indeed the policy, then the wording in the ToU should be changed.
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by AverageJoe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Memegank wrote:Perhaps they need move multiboxing out of "D - Last warning" and into the "E - Permanent ban" category in the terms of use if they are going to permanently ban first time offenders of multiboxing. It is a little misleading, don't you think?

While I would support this, there's nothing in the OP that proves he didn't receive a warning. He said he never had a first warning "as far as he remembered." He then goes on to say it's possible his "brother" was caught multiboxing and warned which can be taken as an admission of guilt, not to mention is another violation for account sharing.

People flock to the Support and Account issues forum all the time when they're banned saying their brother, cousin, friend, girlfriend, dog, etc. was playing on their account and they didn't know they were breaking the rules and they should be given another chance or unbanned. If excuses like that held up every time, then no punishment could ever be enforced as everyone could just feign ignorance or blame someone else.

As for onlysim, you own the responsibility of putting your guild at risk by engaging in an activity that is against the rules. You should have considered the consequences of multiboxing and possibly getting your account banned while holding a GM role.
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Memegank » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:58 pm

I agree with you in that people will always try to use the excuse of a relative / friend playing their account when they receive an infraction. (as you said, this is an admission of guilt anyway in that account sharing is against the rules).

I'm not debating the legitimacy of the ban, I personally think a zero-tolerance policy for multi-boxing is good. I'm merely saying that is should be crystal clear in the ToU that a single instance of multi-boxing is enough to warrant a permanent ban; as it stands, the ToU are a little ambiguous right now.
Memegank
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by AverageJoe » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Ohhh, okay. Gotcha.
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Return to Account issues